Please help this new guy, I'm desperate!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Radius95
  • 36 comments
  • 2,439 views
Messages
4
Messages
Radius95
Hello,

I play gt5 ,and i'm stuck, in the expert mode'' i can't win the following 2 races:
Gran Turismo All Stars
Historic Racing Car Cup

I've been trying to win these races but i just do not have the right cars.
I need:
- Red bull x1 and
- a car that can win Historic Racing Car Cup.

Can someone help me out please!? i'm really desperate because i tried and tried but i can never buy these cars, the 1st is too expensive and the 2nd one just won't appear in the used car dealer. if you can help me, my psn is: Radius95

thanks a lot in advance!

BTW. if you send one of these cars you can keep your own car by making a backup of your savegame, then send the car, and restore the old savegame on your ps3.
 
Last edited:
you don't need an X1 to win the Gran Turismo All Stars race.... the Toyota Minolta can win it
 
you don't need an X1 to win the Gran Turismo All Stars race.... the Toyota Minolta can win it

hello, thanks for the reply but I really do because I'm very very new to this racing simulators :O
 
For the historic racing car cup the best car is the Chaparral 2J, but that's too expensive and hard to find. Other cars are the Toyota 70 or the Corvette 63 (not sure if that's their names). You can win the Toyota one by winning the Like the Wind on B-spec.
 
hello, thanks for the reply but I really do because I'm very very new to this racing simulators :O

No offence, but if that's the case then you're not ready for the X1 :)

Get a minolta or an R92cp.
 
You get awarded the X2010 in b spec as well
 
On the historic cup race with the Toyota 7(B-spec) is there any trick for my stupid driver to win gold? He can't win for ****, the best he got was bronze.
 
If you're new, you should really be learning. Not seeing a hard race and demanding the beast car of the game to win, otherwise, in races where your equal with the AI (FGT & NASCAR) you won't have the skills to nudge ahead.
 
On the historic cup race with the Toyota 7(B-spec) is there any trick for my stupid driver to win gold? He can't win for ****, the best he got was bronze.

2J with a high rpm turbo 👍. My guy sucked with the Toyota too. Other people managed just fine though...
 
You have to buy the 2J, to the OP though:
TRY HARDER!
 
Beating the historic racing cup is doable in A-Spec with the 74 Lamborghini Countach LP400. Fully modded with GT wing, and a little tweaking of the settings, and it's definitely winnable.

A lot of people say to keep exiting out of the race until the 2J and the Toyota 7 weren't in the top 6 starting positions. I tried that a good 15-20 times, and since there's usually two 2J's or two Toyota 7 race cars, I never once entered without them in the top 6. The time I beat it, one was in the 4th position, one was in 7th, so at least they weren't in the top 3.

So first you have to get used to the car. Late braking into turn 1 is key. You'll catch a little bit of air on the little hump, so be weary of that. The next two right turns you'll need to be able to make without any mistakes. Make sure you aren't coming in too hot before the tunnel (and hit the rocks). Don't brake in the tunnel. And you can go pretty ballsy into the last left.

Once you're used to the car, and think you could put 5 solid laps down in a row, work on passing everyone in the first turn right from the start If you can't get at least 1st or 2nd off the bat, then I'd just keep restarting until you do. Once you do, you just have to put 5 solid laps down at 100% without letting anyone pass you. If the Toyota 7 and the 2J are far back enough, you should be able to hold them off.

For the second part of the historic cup, use the same car, and just pass everyone on that first right hand turn. You'll see it's a lot easier than the first race.

As for the GT Allstars, you'll need to use the Minolta Race Car that you win from beating "Like The Wind". For like the wind, you'll need to use the Veyron for the first race, and a race modded ZR-1 with tweaked suspension settings for the second race. (just google search for the suspension settings)


Hope this helps. I beat historic cup over the weekend, and it was such a sweet victory in the lambo. Palms were definitely sweating like crazy.
 
I won the historic race with fully upgraded Lambo Countach.. You should be able to get one somewhere on b spec or chip in the ucd.

And for all star race, you could have asked for alot of cars to win it. Asking for an X2010 (for free) as just greedy IMO.
 
you don't need an X1 to win the Gran Turismo All Stars race.... the Toyota Minolta can win it

Is there a race you can't win with the Minolta?

Haha i've won every single race i've raced with the Minolta.. It woops ass! ;)

Prize car in Like the Wind.
 
hello, thanks for the reply but I really do because I'm very very new to this racing simulators :O

If you are a bad driver you need the Minolta for sure. You will not be able to drive an x2010. I won those with the Minolta and the Toyota 7 using a DS3 controller.
 
I won the historic race with fully upgraded Lambo Countach.. You should be able to get one somewhere on b spec or chip in the ucd.

And for all star race, you could have asked for alot of cars to win it. Asking for an X2010 (for free) as just greedy IMO.

A-spec is easy, B-spec needs a better car especially if the lead AI is driving the 2J :)
 
hello, thanks for the reply but I really do because I'm very very new to this racing simulators :O

The X1 is fast but next to impossible to control, if you can't win it with the Minolta Toyota, you will have just as hard of a time with the X1.
 
A-spec is easy, B-spec needs a better car especially if the lead AI is driving the 2J :)

Yup, for sure. But he's talking about a-spec I think.
 
If you use a X2010 you'll spend more time recovering from spins than driving on the track. You need the Minolta.
 
As others have said the Toyota 7 is the best bang for the buck car to beat the historic races. Win it in B-spec and then check out this thread for tunes that will help you beat the 2J's.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139467

I just used one of those tunes to beat it in B-spec. Before the tune my driver couldn't even break into the top 5.
 
If you are a decent driver, you can win it with a lot of cheap cars with upgrades. corvette stingray, mustang mach1...just to name a few. You don't have to buy any of those million cr. cars to gold the events.
 
hello, thanks for the reply but I really do because I'm very very new to this racing simulators :O

"Hi, I just got my pilot license. I'm not very good at flying and I want to fly to England and back. Can someone send me the SR-71 Blackbird? I just can't get this Cessna off the tarmac, it's too slow."

Practice. Earn it. You'll feel better about yourself that way. Gotta learn to walk before you learn how to run, kid. 👍
 
"Hi, I just got my pilot license. I'm not very good at flying and I want to fly to England and back. Can someone send me the SR-71 Blackbird? I just can't get this Cessna off the tarmac, it's too slow."

Practice. Earn it. You'll feel better about yourself that way. Gotta learn to walk before you learn how to run, kid. 👍

Well said.


AllStars: Almost anything well tuned can take down allstars. The AI is a bit on the horrendous side. An RM Vette or, the Minolta if you have it. But if you can't do this in the Minolta, you should probably redo a few events and some license tests to get some proficiency.

Historic: On A-Spec you can crush this event with a tuned up Challenger RM. The Lambo might be a bit difficult for a noob. Its also doable in a Camaro RM, but it'll need alot of tuning.
 
You know I was going to say that I would trade youa Chap 2J or a Toyota 7 or a Jag XJ-13.

However, I read this:

"BTW. if you send one of these cars you can keep your own car by making a backup of your savegame, then send the car, and restore the old savegame on your ps3."

And now I am not going to offer one to you ... as you are basically saying give me one for free. Seriously though ... Saying you need an X1 for a race clearly without putting in too much effort is ridiculous.
 
Back