Please help with test 29 350Z

pinkertonpunk
I don't know what is wrong with me, I never have much problem getting and golds ever. This one is driving me insane. I must be missing something or this is just a really hard test. Anyone have any input?
Thanks,
Colin

PINKERTON! Dude, I remember when that album came out. My friends went crazy. I still like the original the best, the blue cover album. Pinkerton was alright. I actually stole two Pinkerton Drive road signs from a school during track trips back in high school. I gave one to a Weezer friend and kept the other for myself. I should go get more and sell them on ebay (:

Sorry I don't have any help for your GT4P delima, as I don't own it ...

Well, it is a hard test. Do you have a wheel? This is one of those tests where the wheel really helps out a lot because you have to be smooth and keep momentum at all times. Really try to brake at the last possible moment and cut those hairpins as tight as you can to the apex, you'll get it. I just finished all golds except for coffee breaks tonight! Have you done the NSX slalom yet? Yikes.

8400RPM, why don't you submit your times to the gt4p lesson database at db.granturismo.de? You'll be in good company too (Mr.P, Lotus350, Venom, etc. ;) )

Well, you need to pass the lead Z before the 1st hairpin on the second lap. The keys to catching up seems to be taking Turn 6 aggressively (it's easy to slow down too much) and to get a very good line around Turns 11 and 12 (the final large radius turn). It's important to have good exit speed coming out of that turn as it's what gets you around the lead Z.

This might help identifying the turns if you haven't seen it already.

course.jpg

I think i might have discovered what the problem is, if you are using a wheel that is (mine is a Driving Force Pro). It might not be related to this test in particular, but its a bit strange that i would get a similar problem on this particular test. Maybe its a new bug. It might not even be the game, but the wheel.

I found this test pretty hard myself when i tried it yesterday. My best being a pass of the other 350Z on the start/finish straight, only to loose the lead again for a moment into the first turn. So i should be able to get it without that big of a problem when i tried it again tonight. But no. Starting of i did not reach 4th gear into the first turn, nore into 5, not even coming up towards 11, and i didn't gain that much on the other car either.

Then watching the replay of my lap i discovered that the brakes showed that i they where pressed down about 10% all the time, even when my foot where of the break pedal. On a new run i slowed the car down to walking pace and put the handbrake on, and the car would not move again no mather what i did.

Restarting the game didn't help either. Then i tried unpluging the cord connecting the pedals to the wheel, and i also unpluged the powercord. When i reattached those everything was back to normal.

Tre, your post made start wondering about the quality of the DFP. But then I realized that the same thing happens to my Wacom tablet - seems like an unavoidable incident.

Has it happended more than once?

The thing with the wheel has just happened once as far as i know.

It has newer happened to my Wacom tablet though, but then again i've never connected it to my PS2 either. :lol:

It has newer happened to my Wacom tablet though, but then again i've never connected it to my PS2 either.

I KNEW I was doing something wrong with it! :) Pinkerton never came back to tell us if we helped him or not. Oh well, hopefully the tips gave some other people some help.

I still didn't beat it yet, it is getting really annoying. I got the DFP, and though I like it, I can't fully enjoy it yet, tv tables move around quite a bit...not fun. Plus, any gain I might get from having more control seems to be taken away by the fact that I can't get 100% braking or acceleration. This test, and the Evo test are just getting annoying. I think I have 3 silvers and 2 bronze left to finish. The Citta one is actually quite hard, I thought I was really good at that track too...
-Colin

Back