Please I need an explanation

• Thread starter ScaffDaddy
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Scaffdaddy
Okay so I’m racing the daily race at leguna seca. Lap 10 in P3, guy in 1st pits. Now P2. Decide to pit on this lap because guy behind is gaining. Miss pit lane by a little because I’ve never pitted at leguna, but still get in. Game resets me onto track and gives me 0.5 sec penalty. Okay whatever, still second. But wait, game now says I’m in last. Successfully pit next lap(25 second pit btw) puts me behind P6. Pass P6 on last lap. Finish race but says I’m in 17th and added a lap. WHY??

Last edited:
There's no tire requirement in this week's C race, so that rule doesn't apply here.

Pretty sure I remember reading about this situation when Laguna was first introduced to GTS, where you lose a lap when you're reset after missing the pit..

Okay so I’m racing the daily race at leguna seca. Lap 10 in P3, guy in 1st pits. Now P2. Decide to pit on this lap because guy behind is gaining. Miss pit lane by a little because I’ve never pitted at leguna, but still get in. Game resets me onto track and gives me 0.5 sec penalty. Okay whatever, still second. But wait, game now says I’m in last. Successfully pit next lap(25 second pit btw) puts me behind P6. Pass P6 on last lap. Finish race but says I’m in 17th and added a lap. WHY??

Do you have a replay?

There is a bug/glitch/feature where if you enter the pits backwards (or otherwise crash in pit lane) you will be reset to the beginning of the same lap you nearly completed. I'm guessing this is what happened as there is no mandatory tyre for this race.

Last edited:
Do you have a replay?

There is a bug/glitch where if you enter the pits backwards (or otherwise crash in pit lane) you will be reset to the beginning of the same lap you nearly completed. I'm guessing this is what happened as there is no mandatory tyre for this race.

I'm thinking this. I had it happen to me once at DTS - I got spun into the pits, got reset back onto the straight with a barrier penalty and the lap counter didn't roll over. Basically, I had to run lap 3 (or whatever it was) a second time.

Do you have a replay?

There is a bug/glitch/feature where if you enter the pits backwards (or otherwise crash in pit lane) you will be reset to the beginning of the same lap you nearly completed. I'm guessing this is what happened as there is no mandatory tyre for this race.
Thank you all, thought I was going crazy. Well that sucks because I easy could’ve won that race. Guess my fifth win will come another time...

Also RIP my driver rating from C to D. Thanks game

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you entered the pitlane 'wrong' (driving over the sand or entering backwards to get in usually). It resets you to the start of the lap so effectively you're losing a lap. Laguna is more sensitive than other tracks but it's never been patched.

Edit: Only 2 posts has loaded, this is one is just spam

Last edited:
Back