Please let us customize the HUD

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 30 comments
France
France
The HUD is classy, I like it. But I find it too busy !

I would like to be able to choose which part of HUD to display or not. Personally, I don't care about the ranking, track or model of the car I'm overtaking....

I would like to be able to customize the HUD 100%. PoDi, please give us this possibility in a future update !

won't happen...it was the same in gtsport...

in some gr races I had to turn it on because there was no fuel gauge let alone adjusting tyre fuel setting.

Man, I'm browsing the forum to see whether I should go for this game but this game is stuck to what it was 20 years ago (only with less content)

Yea like we already have a few options why can’t they make it where we just check a box of what we want on and off… Hopefully we get the option in a future update!

Note that at least there's an option to not display info on the car you're overtaking (either car, driver name, or nothing)
I understand what your saying and I do use that a lot, but every game has this option GT is way to sophisticated not to have this… same with FOV adjustment… I’m cool with the current system but not to have an FOV system in place is kinda puzzling to me.

I understand what your saying and I do use that a lot, but every game has this option GT is way to sophisticated not to have this… same with FOV adjustment… I’m cool with the current system but not to have an FOV system in place is kinda puzzling to me.
Sure, I also hope that more FOV options will come in future updates. I though this was a performance issue (large FOV = more things to render) but Cockpit Offset view has a large FOV and works pretty well (it just have this strange offset) so why not :)

guys, idk if they released a patch overnight but you can now hide the HUD entirely. go to display settings in the pause menu during a race. problem solved!
oh wait i just reread the thread i think you were wanting HUD customization, not to hide it entirely. i could have sworn you couldnt hide the HUD when i was playing yesterday but then today i checked again after a friend informed me and now i can hide it. so idk

Last edited:
guys, idk if they released a patch overnight but you can now hide the HUD entirely. go to display settings in the pause menu during a race. problem solved!
oh wait i just reread the thread i think you were wanting HUD customization, not to hide it entirely. i could have sworn you couldnt hide the HUD when i was playing yesterday but then today i checked again after a friend informed me and now i can hide it. so idk
You could always hide the HUD completely. So that's nothing new.

As mentioned, that's been an option since the beginning as it was in GTS. Either that's the problem is that it's full on or full off. I really was hoping this would be something they would have changed in GT7. The ability to choose what aspects of the HUD to display and perhaps variations of those. .....a bonus would be the ability to move those into different quadrants of the screen, resize them, etc.

There are things I need to see from the HUD and others I don't which simply get in the way.

Agree.

And how about turning off those yellow map markers on all the corners? I can’t believe that isn’t an option.

......you can. Those markers replaced the much more subtle and less immersion breaking cones that signified the apex of corners as well as the braking points. Now we have the ugly, distracting red overlays for braking zones and floating "map markers". ....I just turn them all off now.

Don't forget the nametag over the car while racing. In a train of cars it's really hard to pick your incoming distance marker over the track. It also break the racing immersion.

I would gladly keep the ranking on left side if no hovering nametag.

But yeah, 100% agree with custom HUD.

Last edited:
Don't forget the nametag over the car while racing. In a train of cars it's really hard to pick your incoming distance marker over the track. It also break the racing immersion.

I would gladly keep the ranking on left side if no hovering nametag.

But yeah, 100% agree with custom HUD.
...that too can be turned off already. It's under the "Car Name Indicator" where you can select drivers name, car info or off.

Guys, thank you.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to fully customize the HUD. I would like to express this wish directly to PoDi but I don't know how to do it?

Guys, thank you.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to fully customize the HUD. I would like to express this wish directly to PoDi but I don't know how to do it?
People have been asking for this since essentially GT5, they never seem to want to give us full control.

+1000 for HUD customize.

None of the offered solutions is really great to me.HUD “half“ means giant leaderboard/track view but no info about tires/gas.Full HUD is way to much information.The cams didn‘t help as well.Bumper cam (plus wheel) is my favorite but the entire HUD takes half of the screen.Cockpit looks awesome but it feels like i‘m driving from the backseat.Hood cam feels like i‘m riding a bus (it‘s too high) and finally the chase cam…well,better to stay silent about that non dynamic fail (but i‘m fine with it,in a sim i would not use it anyway).

Agree
we need many more options for HUD customisation.
Like cycling through the MFD options to set TC and ABS, etc but allow you to cycle it off.
F1 and ACC do this perfectly.

Best way was a brightness slider for the Hud elements and or a dynamic Hud. I already burned my Oled with Gt

Attachments

• 4D5FDBFF-18BF-4267-AC47-E3A027746DB3.jpeg
    4D5FDBFF-18BF-4267-AC47-E3A027746DB3.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 31
I turned the HUD off completely cos I hate it.

Plus because I drive in cockpit mode 💯 I can see the information I need in the panel. Fuel gage and rev counter.

I enjoy trying to feel the tires go off but in 90% of their rolling start, chase the rabbit races, the tire and fuel multipliers are off anyways.

I find it relaxing just to drive around abs try to ignore all the ways PD ruin their own product.

We should at least be able to hide/show it with a simple button press. D pad left or something.
This would require PD listening to their customers, which is something they have never done in 25 years. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I turned the HUD off completely cos I hate it.

Plus because I drive in cockpit mode 💯 I can see the information I need in the panel. Fuel gage and rev counter.

I enjoy trying to feel the tires go off but in 90% of their rolling start, chase the rabbit races, the tire and fuel multipliers are off anyways.

I find it relaxing just to drive around abs try to ignore all the ways PD ruin their own product.
I do the same, the problem is if we have to box, there is no ui/hud to choose tire and fuel. You can klick into nothing and get no tires but at least it triggers the fueling.

Ps:
Dynamic UI is the best solution ;)

Last edited:
Back