Please patch massive slowdowns

• Thread starter steffenx80
  • 13 comments
Germany
Germany
I don't why but I have massive slowdowns and graphic bugs in different career events. Only in cockpit view. That's really annoying. Why did PD patch all little things and not that? For example Profi career Ferrari Monza. In the first corner and when you start the race. Mercedes W08 at Fuji Speedway. Blue moon Bay when you drive the last straight. That makes me angry. When more people would drive in cockpit view or official events there would be a day one patch. I don't know what happens or what the problem is but please PD make a patch. I only play cockpit view and this game. Thanks

It sounds like a problem unique to your console and/or game. Graphics bugs (not rendered right?) and slowdowns could be an overheating PS4, disk read errors or even a corrupt install.

Have you tried deleting GTS (not your save file) and reinstalling?

I have a 4k uhd hdr TV. And I play only in 4k. Should I play in 1080p why? It looks so different. But when I change the camera it's also smooth. And the problem is only in some races. When I drive Monza with different settings no problems. So it must be an other problem. Try to drive the event in 4k and you will see. Some people told me they have the same problem. That must be fix it can not be.

Massive slowdowns and graphics bugs threw me off, sorry. Didn't realise you meant only in 4K mode.

1080 TV and standard PS4 here so I'll butt out. Good luck with it.

Standard PS4 & 720p TV, & I still notice some terrible slowdown/lag type problems on certain tracks with cockpit view (mainly on Maggiore).

GT doesn't run in 4k. It runs in 2K

I run in 2K with HDR and I have never experienced what is being described.

It has been less smooth in some cockpit views, but nothing I would categorize as massive, nor have I seen "graphical glitches"

Thanks for your Feedback @All. Now i have upload a video. There you can see what the Problem is.

The special thing is it's not in every race on Monza. Just for example at this event. The event with the W08 on Fuji Speedway you can almost not drive because in the last curves massive jumps. When i change the camera it is normal. Same with 2k. So it can not be on the disc. I only play GT Sport.

I didn't see any slowdowns or graphics bugs in your video... Maybe upload a video with the W08 going through the last turn instead?

I'm sure I've seen videos that show some frame hitches in an early GTS (Digital Foundry I think it was) but it was just dropping from 60FPS to around 54 for a second or two. Northern Isle Speedway and Kyoto's chicane being regular culprits. Would you say you're dropping the same amount of frames or is it much worse?

Thanks for your Feedback @All. Now i have upload a video. There you can see what the Problem is.

The special thing is it's not in every race on Monza. Just for example at this event. The event with the W08 on Fuji Speedway you can almost not drive because in the last curves massive jumps. When i change the camera it is normal. Same with 2k. So it can not be on the disc. I only play GT Sport.

Have you tried the same in 2k (super sampling off, in the PS menu) and set to prioritise frame rate? I think it’s set to prioritise quality by default

Going by your description I'm a little confused as to what the issue is.
But I have a couple of suggestions.

It seems you have a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV.
So as suggested, try playing the game in 2k mode.
On the PS4 main menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings
Select "Resolution" and switch to 1080p.
(You won't have the option for Super Sampling because you have a 4k TV)

Then in GT Sport go to the Options menu, and select Display Settings.
Go to the Display Settings Assistant and do as instructed to setup the screen to your liking, and then select Prioritise Frame Rate for your 2k setting.

You will still have HDR, and you will still have Deep Colour, and the game running in 2k Output on a 4k TV still looks very good.
See if that helps.

If not, perhaps try helping the game perform better by tidying up the consoles HDD.

Using the PS4's SafeMode, run Option 5 "Rebuild Database".
https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Safe-Mode-PS4?language=en_US
This can help when games are performing slowly or are having freezing issues, and will probably only take 10 minutes to do.

So okay i checked the video but its not easy to see. When you will you can easylie test it. Start the arcade Mode and choose Nürburgring. In my test i take a Porsche GT3 but i am sure anything else goes. Now you will see how the framerate drops or something other happens. When you now change the View into bumper or so all is running smooth. only in 4k Settings.

Back