Please post PS3 Model and GHTHD Version if you have confirmed FFB

• Thread starter dbarrade
  • 31 comments
Draith
All,

In order for someone to figure this out and hopefully get a step closer to getting everyone that wants FFB on their GTHD Demo being able to get it, can we do the following:

Please post PS3 Model/Region and GHTHD Version if you have confirmed FFB

Thanks,
dbarrade

Dude, force feedback is on the Japanese version of GTHD (1.0). Doesn't matter which model PS3 you have.

GUYS PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY:

i will say this one more time (allready mentioned 1000 times)

if you want to play GTHD with FFB you can download it from Japanese. playstation store , no matter if it was 1.0 or 1.1 or whatever

PLEASE CONTINOUE READING:

BUT you must have a japanese playstation 3 .

tested and confermed , i have the game and the console both japanese ver. and i got FFB

a friend of mine have japanese console with u.s GTHD , he don't have FFB featured

and from this forum i've seen many people have a u.s playtation 3 with japanese or u.s GTHD still no FFB

CONCLUSION:

the only 2 ways you get FFB is if your PS3 is Japanese. ver. ,then you can go and download the Japanese GTHD

and people with u.s PS3 are able to use the feature only if they downloaded the old version (1.0) which was only availble for 2 day after GTHD released

Here would be the ultimate trick. If you were one of those lucky dudes that downloaded version 1.0 from the U.S. store within the mentioned two day first period and if there were a way to copy the 500 plus file and be able to share it with all of us??????????? Now that would be trick. LOL :sly:

Force feedback in games is controlled by the game, not the console. The software (the game) tells the steering wheels motor, when and what direction to spin. By ways of sending electricity to the motor. The more current to a DC motor, the more resistance it has.

Any console that can send current to the controller, can have force feedback. PS3 can send current to the PS3 controller (in this case, a USB, so it HAS to send current). That being said, why the US GT5 doesn't work with FFB doesn't make sense. But, the Japanese version is different from the US version, so, that small difference means no FFB. This could explain why FFB only works on the Japanese version of PS3.

Force feedback in games is controlled by the game, not the console. The software (the game) tells the steering wheels motor, when and what direction to spin. By ways of sending electricity to the motor. The more current to a DC motor, the more resistance it has.

Any console that can send current to the controller, can have force feedback. PS3 can send current to the PS3 controller (in this case, a USB, so it HAS to send current). That being said, why the US GT5 doesn't work with FFB doesn't make sense. But, the Japanese version is different from the US version, so, that small difference means no FFB. This could explain why FFB only works on the Japanese version of PS3.

The first japense version downloaded on u.s ps3 from the japanese store had ffb, ffb obtained through this method is not allowed to happen in the U.S so The Japenese version was updated to recognise the region of the console.
When the exact same japanese version is downloaded to an american ps3 it recognises this and doesnt allow the ffb code to work or show the menu options.
When the japenese version is played on a japanese console, it recognises this and allows the code and menu options to enable force feedback.

I.E the software has been coded to Prevent U.S users from getting forcefeedback regardless of all the efforts and methods tried by determined gamers to make use of ffb in the u.s.

This shows the length Sony are going to to ensure the dont impinge on any of immersions patents in the U.S at this time, they can not afford to give immersion any form of reason for further attack, especially at a time when Sony are once again arguing their case over the original lost case against immersion for rumble.
Any evidence that Sony was once again seemingly infringing on any of immersions patent would be viewed extremely dimly by the court and would show the judges that Sony didnt take the original court ruling in favour of immersion patents seriously.

(FFB in GT DFP wheels and any other logitech wheel is operated by immersion patented technology control chips and code which controls the the way the wheels ffb function works, to make use of the forcefeedback technology within those wheels the game has to code to immersions technology contained in them to make ffb work, Sony do not have permission to do this in the U.S from immersion due to the continued litigation, ongoing over the rumble case, the reason it is able to do so outside the U.S is less clear, though immersion hold less patents outside u.s which could be one reason, or immersion may have allowed regions outside the u.s to use it so as not to burn all bridges with sony,after all the rumble case is only against SCEA, and has only any affect on SCEI with regard to importing hardware orsoftware into the U.S territory)

The American version has never had the code enabled for forcefeedback.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍

But either way, FFB does exist with in the US PS3, it's just the software won't allow it. I'm sure since the game is a hard drive game, somebody who knows how games coding works can make it happen... Moding console games from a hard drive is no less work than moding a PC game.

when I first Downloaded GTHD it was possible for me to use FFB on Occasion, but recently it has been impossible for me to activate it
any ideas as to why this occurred? I never downloaded any different version, only updated the ps3 itself.

I am guessing that sony changed the system software so we can't use ffb....stupid immersion is screwin us all....loosely worded patents suck

actually, Immersion will license FFB to Sony for GT & F1, but SONY won't deal with Immersion while the PS2 DualShock suit [appeal] is decided.

the suit has nothing to do with FFB on PS3 [but Sony won't deal w/ Immersion]

actually, Immersion will license FFB to Sony for GT & F1, but SONY won't deal with Immersion while the PS2 DualShock suit [appeal] is decided.

the suit has nothing to do with FFB on PS3 [but Sony won't deal w/ Immersion]

So what your saying is that immersion will liscence ffb to studio liverpool and polyphony digital for their games and with steering wheels that are compatible with them, but not to sony directly for controllers?

btw - where did you hear that?

Immersion's out to make money, and, well, it totally makes sense that they would do that. Whether or not it is true is something totally different though.

So what your saying is that immersion will liscence ffb to studio liverpool and polyphony digital for their games and with steering wheels that are compatible with them, but not to sony directly for controllers?

btw - where did you hear that?

PD and SL probably won't [or can't] license FFB from Immersion, without approval from SONY.

SONY does not build a controller that has 'rumble' .... separate "FFB" [wheels] and "Rumble" [handheld controllers].

Immersion said the above in an email reply to my question about whether or not the 'absense' of FFB was due to Immersion's insistence that Sony drop the PS2 Dualshock Lawsuit appeal, before Immersion would license FFB to Sony [and, by extension, PD & SL].

Immersion said there are no strings attached to FFB on Ps3 licensing, Sony could do it right now, Immersion will make money from that, I think Sony is not doing so, with the hopes Immersion will settle on a lower dollar amount to settle the Ps2 case.

At the moment, the PS3 is supposedly unable to relay FFB information to the wheel because the SIXAXIS doesn't use rumble. Its so sad because I was playing GT4 on my PS3 the other day only to find that there was no FFB... :(

That's incorrect, the PS3 can process FFB information the ability to do so has been removed though.

Phil Harrison, hints third party wheels support FFB for the PS3 ...
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15342

The whole interview is Typical self denying spin!
You could stand up with hard physical evidence about anything, and these people would attempt to spin it in a positive light, rather than accept and admit the facts!

PR these days only equals BS!!

Stand up and be counted for your morals and your ethics, instead of leaving yourself open to be humiliated after spouting such BS because your cannot accept your own failings!!!
this problem affects the whole of the modern society and living.
A spade is a spade is a spade, no matter how you spin it!

The Logitech wheels are licenced by Immersion.
EA can licence the FF technology used in their games for use with the Logitech wheel.

Sony manufactures 'Dual Shock' Controllers which infringe on Immersion patents.
Sony publish games that use the 'rumble' technology in the Dual Shock controllers which infringe on Immersion patents.

The lawsuit effects Sony-produced games and hardware.
Other third party game and hardware suppliers licence Immersion technology so it can easily be used in their products.

But guess who publishes the Gran Turismo Series?

I was going to buy a console at launch here in Australia but this whole FFB issue has p*ssed me off. If the FFB issue isn't resolved then no PS3 for me.

Back