PMC - Week 156 - Closed

I will have to get an entry up soon, so just wait for me a little while plz. :D

Edit:
Final Entry

It amazes me how you guys come up with such great shots on pmc rules. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
@LdS
@Swiss

Thanks a lot guys, I just registered so I can enter these for something to do. I loved the idea of using an Impreza, for it being my first post, I really appreciate the kind welcoming.

Jimmy

Final Entry

It's a little dark.

Sorry to ruin the party, but that seems like an invalid PMC shot. I've yet to see the GT4 camera able to follow a car trough the corner, blurring only half the shot, and focussing the blur on both rims at the same time...

I will attest and say it looks a little better than PMC. I've seen similar, but the blur seems too perfect if you ask me...

I kind of agree. :/ It looks too good. I just didn't want to bring a big argument. But then again, the watermark is intact, so the road probably isn't blured.

Already sent him a P.M. Thanks for checking that out Bram. I noticed the blur was a little to perfect for a GT4 shot, and it was all too perfect, but I though it was really possible. Also if you notice, the watermark is quite different from the others.

And it may be just me, but it looks like there's an off color block around the watermark if you look close enough. :confused:

And it may be just me, but it looks like there's an off color block around the watermark if you look close enough. :confused:

:) You know what, your right

I played around with the contrast, and it made it more visble

you guys want the original eh? you got it. it is auto focused.
IMG0368-1.jpg

this one is fresh straight out of u drive!

its the original, you can right click to save as or set as your desktop if you really like it, or, if you love it just hang inside your room and worship it =P jkjk
anyways almost christmas, sooo
happy holidays!

Last edited:
about the watermark thingy, I have no clue why it has a block like that. you can mess around with the original anyway you want.

the contrast of this picture is very high as you can see here.

actually, now that i think about it, ive seen something like that before, hmm

yeah like sometimes auto focused shots can come out really really good. sounds like you know what I am talking about.
/edit

ahhh now I see what you are talking about. totally makes sense!

Last edited:
Considering that the blur matches through the window, I will say it is in fact valid. Good work speedemon08!

I'm still not agreeing that's a valid blur. A radial blurred shot exists of three different blurs; A radial focussed blur on the front wheel, a radial focussed blur on the rear wheel, and a radial or motion blur on the background. The fact that the blur is at a 100% opacity at left side of the shot, and there's nearly no blur on the right side, makes it already invalid. Why? In GT4, the camera does not follow the car, all the cameras are at a certain place on the track. It is therefore not possible for the camera to follow the car, and in order to focus on the car, and the blurred rims, the camera MUST follow the car's EXACT track, which isn't an option in GT4...

Here's an example of the camera that follows the car:

Porsche-Carrera-GT.jpg

On the side of the Carrera, a camera car drives. The camera car drives at the exact same speed in order for the camera to focus on the car's body, and not the objects that are moving, in this case both rims and the background.

Here's an example when a car passes by and the camera stands still, as in how it is in GT4:

Drifting23-vi.jpg

As you can see, the background is stationary. The camera focusses on the car, takes with it the rear wheel blur, but due to the speed of the car, you see the rear of the car getting softer than the front.

However, this does not mean you cannot take a shot of a car during driving:

nissan_gt_r_2008_super_gt_round.jpg

You see the background blurred, and the rims. But you still the front of the car softer than the rear. In order to do this, the user of the camera must follow the car through the camera's viewfinder, something which is not possible in GT4. The in-game camera in GT4 stands still, and take the photo when the car passes by, resulting in quality only where the camera focusses, which is the car, and NOT the background.

^drifting is much slower. I was gripping. plus the fact I used drive display camera. I also used a very slow shutter speed 1/60. In real life situation it is impossible to "know" what speed you going to use, but in Gt4 you can try different shutter speed at the same angle over and over again.

Or if you guys decide this is still not a valid picture, fine whatever you guys says, but I will keep taking pictures no matter what happens, or I will join only 2.0 competitions and quit unedited and pmcs. I don't really know how to prove myself anymore. I did what I can to explain and even posted original, but oh well. we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
The entry is valid.

I went through some of the images I have in my HD and found a similar unedited shot.

So, it is possible Bram, a lucky shot, and maybe caused by a glitch, but it is possible.
Has for me, I have to ask for apologies to jinjinweiwei for this mess. Please, accept my apologies and the fact that you are always welcome in the PMC, because that is one heck of a shot. 👍

This competition will close later at night (GTM time)

^ I think we should find out how to make the glitch happen more often. Because those shots looks really good and some what professional to me. What do you think Lds? I want to find out how to make this happen every time, so I could share my finding with everybody and hopefully take photo shooting in GT4 to a whole new level.

I think it is luck, but count me in to discover that crazy glitch.👍

But let’s not arise this topic further in this thread. If you want we can talk via P.M. or something, just don’t get this topic off-topic.

There is only 6 entries, so c’mon, post your entry.

Please accept my apologies jinji. I've never seen that kind of blur before so you could expect some people being skeptic ;)

and by the way, there are shots where the camera follows the car

AND THE CAMERAS ARE RANDOM! i have hardly seen the same shot except for three shots and they were all tracking sots. they were on the Nurburgring, Circe de la Sarthe and Seattle

Last edited:
and by the way, there are shots where the camera follows the car

AND THE CAMERAS ARE RANDOM! i have hardly seen the same shot except for three shots and they were all tracking sots. they were on the Nurburgring, Circe de la Sarthe and Seattle

Not true. The camera in those shots is stand still. It is not moving from that position.

But again I say, let’s not go off-topic.
Anyway, competition Closed. Poll will be up tomorrow.

Back