PmC - Week 186 - Closed

Portugal
Lisboa
Welcome to Week 186 of the GT4 Photomode Competition

Week 184 Winner: Jetboy.

IMG0180-1.jpg

themebms6.jpg

Theme: Vintage Homologation Cars

Jetboy is looking for vintage (pre '85) homologation cars, or in other words, road version of race machines (Stratos, BMW 2002tii, Z/28, GT350R, Superbird, etc.). Pictures should be done in a monotone scale, such as black and white, sepia, etc.

Cars: Any, but must follow the theme

Tracks: Any

Photo Travel: Yes

Poll Size: --

rulesbbn8.jpg

Rules

Please ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions about how this competition is run, please, send me a private message.

Entry requirements
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work not previously entered in a competition.
  • The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry);
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly.
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions.
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side, be it vertical or horizontal.
  • No enhacements permited to the previews, they must not have more or less effects that the original image.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters is enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favourite shot(s).

Image enhancement rules
(what you can and can't do in Photoshop etc.)

• You may adjust brightness, contrast and gamma values.
  • You may rotate, crop and resize the image.
  • You may add a border and signature to your entry.
  • You may NOT adjust levels, hue, saturation, curves or sharpen the image.
  • You may NOT use filters, blurs or layers on your entry.
  • You may NOT add any elements to the original photo.

deadbid2.jpg

December, 26th

Last edited:
Ooooh, looks like fun! Might work on an entry, if my GT4 was not dead. Disc is not spinning, will try and get a new one for this comp.

Would it be acceptable to have both the Race and Road versions in-race in the same shot?
Or should I just be concentrating on the Road version Only¿¿

Thanks guys!

I changed the shot with a little bit of gamma and B/C adjustments, looks better now. I was inspired by Webb Bland's "Hello" series, make sure you check the rest of his site too. A great photographer, I wish I was as good at RL photography as him.

i agree with everyone else... but i thought the previews are supposed to be 300X400

You mean the GTO? :P

When I changed it to the updated photo, I messed up and made the preview the full size and vice versa. I fixed it though. :D

The Pontiac Tempest LeMans GTO is a great car, but it's not a homologation special. It wasn't built to allow Pontiac to take it racing. It was a regular production car and nothing more (other than having a 389 V8 in a mid-sized car making it the first of the true muscle cars.) It was called the GTO (Gran Turismo Omologato) after the Ferrari 250 GTO, but that's it.

The Pontiac Tempest LeMans GTO is a great car, but it's not a homologation special. It wasn't built to allow Pontiac to take it racing. It was a regular production car and nothing more (other than having a 389 V8 in a mid-sized car making it the first of the true muscle cars.) It was called the GTO (Gran Turismo Omologato) after the Ferrari 250 GTO, but that's it.
He's correct, unfortunately. :( Sorry, it was a beautiful shot. :guilty:

Cars ellegible:

'63 Corvette Singray
Camaro Z/28
Shelby GT350R
Shelby Cobra
Plymouth Superbird
Plymouth Cuda
Lancia Stratos
Alpine A110s
Ford RS200
Renault 5 Turbo
Merc-Benz 300SL Gullwing
Alfa Romeo Giulia Stpint GTA
Jaguar E-Type
KPGC10 Skyline Hard Top
KPGC110 Skyline Coupe
Honda S800
Ginetta G4
Toyota 2000GT
Nissan 510 Sedan
Lancer 1600 GSR '73
BMW 2002ti
Fiat 500R
Audi Quattro
Nissan Silvia 240RS
Peugeot 205 T16

Cheers
Jetboy

If only the rules could've accommodated your old shot, it looks much better than your legal shot.

Grr....

FINAL ENTRY

Let's see who's Superbird shot is better...

Are we allowed to use filters if it is a serpia-type filter?

Edit-Nevermind, just read no filters, saturation adjustments, nothing. Time to go snap some shots from the game.

Last edited:
Very nice entries so far, guys! 👍 Lucas, your shot seems to be one of the best this week. First of all, you've taken the shot at a very good camera angle. Then you've adjusted the shutter speed perfectly and got great background blur. The back of the car is blurry, too, which, in my eyes, is a great thing, because is shows action in the shot. The colours look great, too, well balanced and the sky looks great, too. Well done, buddy! :) 👍

I've just spent a good while taking shots but I've only just remebered that they're supposed to be black&white... Is it OK if I use GIMP's Desaturate tool? It's very basic:

attachment.php

Or does that fall under "you may not adjust ... saturation"?

Attachments

• snapshot3.jpg
    snapshot3.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It will fall under the "you may not adjust hue and saturation" rule. Sorry, you have to re-shot a straight monotone photo from GT4.

-------------------final entry

Alpine Renault @ Autumn Ring

Great shot, I may say, though, the shot is PS desaturated, so, making it illegal.

It will fall under the "you may not adjust hue and saturation" rule. Sorry, you have to re-shot a straight monotone photo from GT4.

Great shot, I may say, though, the shot is PS desaturated, so, making it illegal.

I don't understand. The rules say to make it monotone (B&W, sepia, whatever), and that you can adjust the contrast. That's all I've done here.

Latest Posts

Back