Podium DD1 Auction details!

Well, that was interesting. I bid on every wheel, the cheapest auction close out of 50 units was $931.00.

I was really impressed by the fool that paid over $4000 for auction #24!!
Leo Bodnar money, complete waste of every ones time honestly no one got a sweet deal tonight.
Screenshot (5).png

Indeed, it is still going. So far 14 units have ended below the $970 threshold.

@Corsa, all units ending above MSRP are invalid. I don't understand why people were bidding such high values. It is not only pointless, but very dangerous to do so, not because there is an obligation to pay this value (there is not, as they are not valid), but because there is a chance that you will be prevented from bidding on the next units.

Thanks everyone for participating. As most of the first units ended above the $970 threshold, we continued to make units available. The auctions continued to run until 30 units sold below $970. Units ending above $970 but below MSRP were also valid; in total 60 units ended below MSRP. All other units that ended above MSRP are invalid.

Because most people are just idiots :) In this case idiots with lot of money :bowdown: :banghead:

970 is max bid, okay i bid 2000.... :lol::lol: just fools everywhere.

Please ban them for next auction.

Who knows, bidding beheviour for this type of auction is inherently difficult to predict!
Problem is that I still have to get a rim as well and that could become rather expensive for a "once in a while" sim racer. And new pedals as well.

Because most people are just idiots :) In this case idiots with lot of money :bowdown: :banghead:

970 is max bid, okay i bid 2000.... :lol::lol: just fools everywhere.

Please ban them for next auction.

No doubt just doing it to screw up the auctions so they can post to reddit about how much of a fail the auctions were :rolleyes:

I underestimated not only the demand, but the amount of people that showed up ready to spend money.
I took it up to $750 each time, would of been nice to see a few go cheap but that's okay.
I'm happy that there is demand for high end sim gear because it's a good sign the sim community is healthy.

Yeah me too. I thought for sure people would stop a bit before the current preorder price but that wasn’t the case. I’m a little hesitant to be a preorder on a new tech, even though Fanatec has done this a while. I thought jumping in at the $750-$850 range would make it worth the risk but not much went more than 5% off. I guess on the plus side my current stuff works so I can now wait to see how it matures before taking the plunge...or just buy the AccuForce and some cash.

Well I think it's safe to say that there is a lot of demand for this product .... they're going to be selling a lot of DD1s. Now let's just see what the Black Friday deals look like. :) Still on the fence as to whether to go with the CSW 2.5 or the DD1.

Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to confirm that auctions for EU customers will commence next week! The auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1
the auction for Fanatec Europe, which begins Thursday 15th November, from 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).
Sleepless night for me.

I just had a quick look on the auction page.
I still have not pushed the <BID> button once

I'm in doubt if this is 'hacked' by bots/scripting or are there really too many attendees in Europe?
Logged in at 18:30 and now it almost 21:00.
Sorry to say but this is becoming a waste of time. It seems they have to manually stop a bid around 961 to at least sell a unit...

Parallel watching Netflix and now and then switching to the Fanatec auction page. Two units sold in two hours. 43 hours to go ;)

And for those multi tasking: meanwhile watch this one (as shared by @Vinylshark in the funny vids thread). Too funny.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-and-randomness.220386/page-144#post-12542354

Last edited:
Why does it still say 41/45 units remaining below 970€? The way the bidding is going, I thought the auction would be over in a matter of minutes. :lol:

Why does it still say 41/45 units remaining below 970€? The way the bidding is going, I thought the auction would be over in a matter of minutes. :lol:
We're still going here. 15 units remaining to go below 970EUR. The faster the bids, the slower the auction will go, as the price keeps ending above the threshold.

Back