Poll 24h endurance , two ways to do them

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascar49
  • 42 comments
  • 2,987 views

Race car or X1 for 24h race

  • Use a race car

    Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Use an X1 to be able to park it

    Votes: 23 20.9%
  • whats a poll

    Votes: 7 6.4%
  • wheres bob?

    Votes: 24 21.8%

  • Total voters
    110
Messages
215
United States
Phoenix AZ
Messages
nascarfan49
Messages
nascarfan49
As of now , we are still waiting for the in race game saves, so that makes doing the endurance race's more of an endurance. Well there are two ways to do the race's

1. Use a race car, and race the entire race.
2. Use the X1 and race most of the race and then park it.

So as I will be doing the endurance race's soon (waiting on getting a wheel first), I can use an X1 save some time, or I can use a race car and not save time.

I am wanting to do both, I want to use a real race car and enjoy what the 24h races are all about , but at the same time I want to get it over with soon and not keep my ps3 on for who knows how long.

So, my question is, what is the better choice , what would you, or did you use to do the 24h race's
 
Last edited:
I'd use a race car but I'm still waiting for the save feature.
 
I'd use a race car too. I just like to race fairly :)
 
I'm currently doing a Le Mans with a 787B, aiming to beat the Audi record for most laps run. That is fun.
 
I didn't vote because i would be using a GT or a Touring car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_Nürburgring

"The 24 Hours Nürburgring is a touring car and GT endurance racing event on the Nürburgring Nordschleife (north loop). With a lap length of over 25 km (15.5 mi), it allows the participation of more than 200 cars, and over 700 drivers".
 
I would use the race car. That way I am not crashing all the time.
 
I'm currently doing a Le Mans with a 787B, aiming to beat the Audi record for most laps run. That is fun.

I am thinking about using the 787b for the first one
 
I've only completed 2 endurance races, so far. I used a tuned Skyline for the Grad Valley 4 hour, but I used an X1 for the Indy 500. I figured if I was going to be driving around in circles for a couple of hours, I may as well get it out of the way as fast as possible. I'm waiting for the mid-race saves before I do the rest.
 
I decided for the races that had laps, I used or will use the X1, for the time races I would use something else. I still have the 9hr , roadster , suzuka race and the 24h left.
 
@nascar49: you forgot to give the option "take a racecar, much redbull, and a friend to change every 2-3 hours" in the poll :)
 
@nascar49: you forgot to give the option "take a racecar, much redbull, and a friend to change every 2-3 hours" in the poll :)

I can add that....
Or not
 
Last edited:
I just finished Le Mans with my Minolta. I could've stopped two hours early if I wanted to, but I carried on to get the XP
 
I just did them in an X1 and for a challange i just went flat out trying to beat lap times every lap. I've easily got the time on my hands to do it in a normal car, but meh, it's 24 hours. Name another game that makes you sit there for 24 hours and do the same thing over and over constantly, and have to do it multiple times. So for that, i really cbf. Parking time = win. In the end, you still get the same exp/cash.

I just finished Le Mans with my Minolta. I could've stopped two hours early if I wanted to, but I carried on to get the XP

Wouldnt of mattered... you still get the same exp for coming first.
 
i won't be doing either of the 24hr races until the in race save feature is implemented. bob can suffer through them in the meantime
 
I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.
 
I've only undertaken a few of the A Spec endurance race, as I'm still waiting for the mid race save feature (fingers crossed for the new update).

Once that feature has been rolled out I think I'll opt for a race car instead of just jumping in the X1. One thing missing from GT5 is some real close racing. It's too easy to simply over power your opponents and win that way, instead of employing skill.


I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.

But not everyone is able or wants to leave their PS3 turned on for a whole 6/9/24hrs. I use my PS3 for watching and recording TV. We use it every night so it can't be left on all the time.

But I see what your saying. Purists would say having mid race saves dilutes the gaming experience. But having mid race saves opens these longer events up to more people, which I think is more important. Those that wish to drive a 6hr races in one sitting still can, those people like myself who can't, can still enjoy these longer races in chunks :)
 
Last edited:
I did the shorter endurance races by myself, the only 4 hour race I did was the Nurburgring, and for the other races I'll wait untill I can save midrace.

Bob on the other hand is now blasting across Le Mans 24h. as we speak. In the X2010, of course.
 
If I use X1 I probably won't be able to park it before I get frustrated and quit..
 
I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.

Ease up,man. It's just a game. Not many have the luxury of power 24/7. Take my case,the power shuts down every day for 2 hours. So does that mean I can never do the 24 hours? Some of us will never be 'hardcore' enough for some people around here.👎
 
Throw in two useless answer and you'll rarely get useful results.
 
Ease up,man. It's just a game. Not many have the luxury of power 24/7. Take my case,the power shuts down every day for 2 hours. So does that mean I can never do the 24 hours? Some of us will never be 'hardcore' enough for some people around here.👎

I wasn't having a pop at anybody who does it in stints or uses the coming in-race save option. I was simply pointing out that PD may as well have made a 2h LM race if it's going to get paused after two hours and continued the next day.
 
I too take option number 5...

There's no way in hell I do a 24h race before there is an in-race save feature.

Actually, after I did the Mazda Roadster Endurance race, I said to myself...

There's no way in hell I do any other 4h+ race before there is an in-race save feature.
 
I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.

For real life endurance races, it is exactly a series of shorter races. Each driver on the team drives a shift of a few hours, then has a couple of shifts to rest. Yes, the race is not "saved" in the middle, but no one driver is expected to stay awake and alert for 24 straight hours with no rest.

If you're going to be that much of a purist about it, I suppose you would have to oppose the use of the "pause" feature in game. After all, real racers don't get bathroom or snack breaks in the middle of a race.
 
So as I will be doing the endurance race's soon (waiting on getting a wheel first), I can use an X1 save some time, or I can use a race car and not save time.

I am wanting to do both, I want to use a real race car and enjoy what the 24h races are all about , but at the same time I want to get it over with soon and not keep my ps3 on for who knows how long.

Do you understand that even if you use the X1, the race will still last 24h right?

And you can calculate the time your ps3 will be turned on because the race will end after a certain time instead of completed laps...
 
I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.

No they don't actually. An endurance race IRL is a test of the vehicle's endurance. If I remember correctly, at the LM 24, no one driver is allowed to drive more than 6 hours. Or was it 4 hrs?


To the OP- Use a racecar, IMO the X1 should not even be in this game, but Bob likes it!
 
No they don't actually. An endurance race IRL is a test of the vehicle's endurance. If I remember correctly, at the LM 24, no one driver is allowed to drive more than 6 hours. Or was it 4 hrs?

24 divided by 3 is? If no one is allowed to drive more than 6 hours the race would...
 
I used the X2010 for Le Mans in the rain and only had to race for 15 hours, which was plenty enough for me, I think I'll use a race car for Nurburgring though.
 
To all you "hardcore" gt5 fans I hope you know that in reality no driver races the entire endurance for the entire race. And no one cares either if someone else pauses the race and saves it and continues it the next day. No one's still forcing you to pause the race. You can still run the 24 hours without stopping of you want.
 
Last edited:
Back