Poll 24h endurance , two ways to do them

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascar49
  • 42 comments
  • 2,987 views

Race car or X1 for 24h race

  • Use a race car

    Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Use an X1 to be able to park it

    Votes: 23 20.9%
  • whats a poll

    Votes: 7 6.4%
  • wheres bob?

    Votes: 24 21.8%

  • Total voters
    110
If your lazy, just drive the X2010 around the track for an hour or two, calculate the opponents' rate, and relax until the bell rings. Or calculate the opponents' rate, wait until they are a couple hours ahead of you, and start driving. That's what I would do.
 
24 divided by 3 is? If no one is allowed to drive more than 6 hours the race would...

You obviously have never watched an endurance race. Some drivers do longer stints and some do shorter. There are rules in place that limit the total time a driver is allowed to race.
 
To all you "hardcore" gt5 fans I hope you know that in reality no driver races the entire endurance for the entire race. And no one cares either if someone else pauses the race and saves it and continues it the next day. No one's still forcing you to pause the race. Ou can still rum the 24 hours without stopping of you want.

^This
 
You obviously have never watched an endurance race. Some drivers do longer stints and some do shorter. There are rules in place that limit the total time a driver is allowed to race.

I obviously have watched an endurance race and I do know they race in stints and some have longer stints and some have shorter stints but once no driver is allowed to race more than 6 hours and there are 3 drivers' entry how are we gonna get 24 hours??
 
I think you probably mean, a stint cannot last more than some amount of hours. But you just worded it wrongly and I fell into the linguistic trap.
 
Race car, derp. X2010 doesn't exist. It's more epic that way.. returning a classic to victory lane 👍 lol.. I'd try it in the 330 P/4 but the other cars are too fast I fear. :scared:
 
I'm waiting for the save, and I will only do them once, they're not really that enjoyable really (for me at least), I want to do them for the sake of completeness only and win the cars and I'm not that bothered really, if no save feature comes along I'll never do it and that suits me fine.

If I where to do it, for the long drawn out races I would use the redbull and calculate the bare minimun laps needed to win, you could even look it up if you want. People put up the laps that 2nd place AI will do. ( Edit it would be the 1st place AI laps you need to know.) Although you will feel like AI after a while of doing this.

But seeing as there is a save feature coming why not use it to break up the monotomy? Hopefully you could save more than one race at a time and rotate to keep it a bit interesting?

Thats my opinion because I find this series very boring, I've only done the Grand Valley to try the endurance experience and the Indy 500 to win the toyota 7.
 
Race cars all the way, the X2010 is just causing me to die from boredom.
 
I'm going to use a race car.
Don't in-race saves completely contradict the point it's an endurance race? It may as well be 6 four hour races if folks are going to save throughout it.

It's the exact same as pausing the game, only you can turn off the PS3 and let it cool off. I really doubt anyone does a 24-hour without pausing, so the "purity" is already gone.
 
None of the two options, I'll just wait for the save option to come out, I don't want to burn another PS3!
 
It's the exact same as pausing the game, only you can turn off the PS3 and let it cool off. I really doubt anyone does a 24-hour without pausing, so the "purity" is already gone.

I've done a full 24h on GT4 between myself and a friend doing 6 hours a piece, it's not easy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
I leave my PS3 running 24/7 and it's fine, maybe I won't in the summer, there's more stress put on the parts by having on and off all the time as opposed to one or the other, or so I've read.
 
Did 24h La Sarthe (Le Mans) in my Peugeot HDi FAB Total '10, and it was a thrill. Startede sunday 14:00, and drove across the finishing line wednesday evening.

Planning to use my (yet to come-) Sauber Mercedes for 24h Nürburgring nordschleife.

Any idear to, how I can get a hold on the Sauber. Sad that trading is over. Am willing to pay with Audi's and crome paint... For now, I'm just racing, and checking the UCD reguarly. Is there any other way to get the Sauber, without glitching, duping og any other form of cheat?

I really, really, really, really want it.......
 
Back