Poll: Do you anticipate playing pCARS more than GT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasterGT
  • 44 comments
  • 2,800 views

Do you anticipate playing pCARS more than GT?

  • No

    Votes: 59 59.0%
  • Yes

    Votes: 41 41.0%

  • Total voters
    100
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just broke out Sega GT 2002.
 
VBR
The whole concept of Project Cars (which is the first ever community/developer made & funded racing simulator) certainly has the potential to kill Gran Turismo for me & many others. However, whether they actually pull it off or not is another matter entirely. If the physics & force feedback feel realistic, & the online is stable, & there are not too many bugs, then in that case I'll probably be sold on it & leave the GT series behind.

All GT7 will then be good for to me is picking it up second hand for a few quid & going, "Ooooh, Ahhhh! What nice graphics! :drool:" After 5 minutes of that I'll pop P-Cars back in my PS4 & go on for some serious virtual motor racing.
Really? You gonna ditch GT? what about shuffle racing? :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: VBR
Really? You gonna ditch GT? what about shuffle racing? :p


It all depends whether P-Cars delivers, if it does I will ditch GT (as much as I like Shuffle racing). I'm just so sick to death with all the bugs & issues in Gran Turismo, not to mention the outdated game design & the way unwanted features are forced on us, & wanted features are removed altogether. All GT6 is good for to me at the moment is going for the occasional Free Run.
 
[quote="Squanto, post: 9399386, member: 140No.. just based on the physics of Grid2 . poll 👍[/quote]


Whats Grid 2 got to do with it ? Grid 2 is Codemasters Pcars is Slightlymad , two total different devolopment teams .
 
I will by PCars when it's released.
I will also buy GT7 when it's released.

I will probably play both.
 
Whats Grid 2 got to do with it ? Grid 2 is Codemasters Pcars is Slightlymad , two total different devolopment teams .
I meant Shift2 ... sorry my mistake/mistype ...
 
Whats Grid 2 got to do with it ? Grid 2 is Codemasters Pcars is Slightlymad , two total different devolopment teams .

I'm assuming they meant Shift 2?
 
I meant Shift2 ... sorry my mistake/mistype ...
Shift 2 has its flaws, but it is still a descent racing game. From what i heard SMS is using the WMD feedback from their forum and is really going for a sim this time, so it couldn't be more promising as they were already quite good at making games exciting for racers feature wise.

Also it will be probably bug free; seeing people that are playing PCARS already are Beta testing before release :lol:

Edit: here let me tease you a little:

 
Last edited:
I've been following PCars for awhile, It certainly looks promising. I think some new options on consoles are a good thing. If PCars turns out to be fantastic then it will pull sales and fans away from GT and Forza (PCars will be on all 3 next gen consoles). Competition is something that benefits the consumer.
When/If PCars competes with Forza and GT, then both developers will have to work to win sales and fans back; because right now both Forza and GT have no competition on their consoles. This allows both series to add a few new features(or release them months after launch!) brush up the graphics and turn a profit.

Right now, the lack of competition is hurting both GT and Forza. Both franchises have the potential to be amazing accomplishments but neither have a reason to be anything other than "a good option" for us players on our respective consoles.

If PCars delivers, that's fantastic for us. If PCars forces GT and Forza to develop an inspired racing game to win sales back, that's fantastic for us.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
 
The irony is killing me
what do you mean exactly? GT has never been only about nice graphics, it has always been about a lot of content (tracks and cars) Thats one of the main reasons why I like GT. Forza 5 on the other hand offers great graphics but poor quantity of tracks/cars.
 
No because even though I have a fast gaming PC, pCars physics and force feedback sucks big time. After paying the money to play the beta, all I can say is that it is a good screenshot generator and not much else. The gfx engine stutters and skips and it is not much fun at all.

You people thinking it is going to be great are going to be severely disappointed.

Although anyone who likes crappy physics in Shift games probably will love pCars because they just don't care about physics.
 
BWX
No because even though I have a fast gaming PC, pCars physics and force feedback sucks big time. After paying the money to play the beta, all I can say is that it is a good screenshot generator and not much else. The gfx engine stutters and skips and it is not much fun at all.

You people thinking it is going to be great are going to be severely disappointed.

Although anyone who likes crappy physics in Shift games probably will love pCars because they just don't care about physics.
@DG_Silva @Timppaq @DrJustice @Wolfe @Wardez Care to weigh in gentlemen? This seems to be an argument that keeps on coming back. I wouldn't know but I guess you guys do for sure.
 
In October I was fortunate to play an early version of DriveClub at a Pre-PS4 launch event .
Problem I think with most Race Games is that they "re-use" old physics engines with new high quality visuals .

DriveClub felt "arcade"-ish ... and coming from the Motorstorm Studios ... it immediately felt familiar.
But the things I saw with my eyes didn't match the feel I got from the physics ... understand what I mean?
It's like you see real life pictures... but the physics you feel are arcade like ...

I had the same kind of feeling when PS2 launched with Ridge Racer V ... looked good (in its time) but played horribly arcadish ...

I'm afraid to get the same from Project Cars ... Excellent Graphics but "existing" physics ....
 
This thread is just asking for trouble. Sorry guys, but I don't think we can pull this one off quite yet. Maybe when pCars is closer to release, but even then, we'll take it to the pCars subforum, not here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back