Poll: F1 in GT Sport?

Would you like it if GT Sport had an F1 car?

• Yes! That would be awesome, honestly.

Votes: 129 38.7%
  • Sure, I think that would add something enjoyable to the game.

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • I'm pretty neutral on that idea, really.

Votes: 56 16.8%
  • No, I'd rather not see anything F1 added to the game.

Votes: 101 30.3%

• Total voters
Yeah add F1 to GT Sport. You can recreate Monaco GP, oh wait... British GP at Silverstone..whoops, Italian GP at Monza? Belgium GP? Surely there's got to be some tracks in GT Sport to recreate an F1 race, isn't there?

If you want F1 buy F1 2017.

To me, the point of adding an F1 car to GT Sport (as I've said already) is to get a different experience from F1 2017. Different physics, different tracks, livery editor, etc... plus you potentially add another reason for people to get into the game and support GT, or just play it more if they already have it.

Yeah add F1 to GT Sport. You can recreate Monaco GP, oh wait... British GP at Silverstone..whoops, Italian GP at Monza? Belgium GP? Surely there's got to be some tracks in GT Sport to recreate an F1 race, isn't there?

There's already a game for that, which is why GT Sport doesn't need to have dedicated F1 content just to have an F1 car imo. I'd never say no to more GP tracks, but that's not really what I'm going for with this poll.

To me, the point of adding an F1 car to GT Sport (as I've said already) is to get a different experience from F1 2017. Different physics, different tracks, livery editor, etc... plus you potentially add another reason for people to get into the game and support GT, or just play it more if they already have it.

There's already a game for that, which is why GT Sport doesn't need to have dedicated F1 content just to have an F1 car imo. At this point I can only repeat what I tried to get across in the original post.

Where are you going to race these cars though? The nordschleife? Willow Springs? There's a couple tracks which can be acceptable, but not much else. Face it, the track content is not there for this discipline.

Why no? I thought this would be an overwhelming yes...if you don't want it, why not just not use it if it comes...why the active push against it?

Do I assume this is because it won't be represented properly? Or because they will potentially race non F1 cars?

Where are you going to race these cars though? The nordschleife? Willow Springs? There's a couple tracks which can be acceptable, but not much else. Face it, the track content is not there for this discipline.

Dude I'd race the cars on pretty much every track that isn't an oval, rally circuit or something tiny. There's plenty imo

Brands Hatch, Maggiore, Suzuka, Nurburg, Interlagos, Mount Panaorama, Kyoto Driving park..... What do you mean? Where would you race F1, really?

Last edited:
Brands Hatch, Maggiore, Suzuka, Nordschleife, Interlagos, Mount Panaorama, Kyoto Driving park..... What do you mean? Where would you race F1, really?

Yeah, to me pretty much any track suitable for GT3 cars would work for F1, too. Interlagos, Suzuka, Brands Hatch GP, Nurburgring and even the Nordshliefe are all current or previous F1 circuits. Alsace Village, Maggiore GP, Dragon Tail Seaside and Kyoto Driving Park all look like they'd be awesome. Mount Panorama and Willow Springs would both be good if you got tired of the other tracks, and after that you could try all four Tokyo Expressway tracks. That adds up to... *counts on fingers* ...most of the tracks in the game? I thought it'd be cool to have F1 cars in GT partly because you'd get to drive on all these cool tracks, not because the game has a ton of tracks from the actual current F1 calendar.

I'm all for it. But I'd like PD to add more tracks first.. Compared to the previous games, the tracklist is pretty pitiful and while yes, you can drive a Formula car around /have a championship at Nurburgring gp, Suzuka, Interlagos, Maggiore, Yamagiwa, and Dragon Trail, but see that's literally 3/4 of the list tight there. I'd rather have surplus tracks and limited cars than surplus cars and limited tracks.

As I said, I'm all for Formula getting added in. But after PD adds more track options to accommodate it.

Yes, as it is part of motorsport, it is the main even organized by the FIA, but we have the problem on how the license has been managed by FOM, I hope that now Libery Media can do the license more easy to get and not exclusive to an specific developer as it is now

Yes, absolutely. They're all in on the races organized by the FIA, why not have F1 for higher level events? We already have these Vision GT cars that are basically knock-off F1 hybrids, why not bring in real F1 cars?

I'd rather see it focus on GT racing, after all it is Gran Turismo - where do you think that name comes from? In particular all the tracks that the Blancpain GT series runs on - still lots missing:

This is the full 2018 calendar:

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar

There are other GT based racing series in other parts of the world as well that would like to have tracks from their regions included in the game as well.

I've no problem with that, but having the tracks to do a complete GT season somewhere, instead of drips and drabs of random tracks (I'm looking at you Assetto Corsa...) would be fantastic

Realistically, the F1 license(s) wouldn't bring that much to GT, and would possibly do more harm than good. The outlay would likely be large, and it would be under implemented. I'm sure the backlash of <insert team, car, track name> not being included would outweigh any praise the game got for the minimal inclusion of an open wheeler.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with an update of the Formula GT... it'd be quick, simple, fun with the Livery Editor and would give open wheel action to GT players.

Realistically, the F1 license(s) wouldn't bring that much to GT, and would possibly do more harm than good. The outlay would likely be large, and it would be under implemented. I'm sure the backlash of <insert team, car, track name> not being included would outweigh any praise the game got for the minimal inclusion of an open wheeler.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with an update of the Formula GT... it'd be quick, simple, fun with the Livery Editor and would give open wheel action to GT players.

Not a bad idea

I'd rather see it focus on GT racing, after all it is Gran Turismo - where do you think that name comes from? In particular all the tracks that the Blancpain GT series runs on - still lots missing:

Gran Turismo: noun. a high-performance model of automobile

Is an F1 not a high-performance automobile? or does it have to be GT class?

And Im not sure the Raptor or the samba bus are "high-performance"

Last edited:
I really like F1 cars. I think cars from last decade or past seasons could be licensed, just like it happened with Forza 7, which licensed cars last season.

But for now, GTS is in need of more race cars, especially Gr.1. It is certain that most users do not like VGT cars and prefer new LMP1 cars, which run in the IMSA and WEC organizations. It would be very good F1 cars. The Gr. F category could be the name.

Brands Hatch, Maggiore, Suzuka, Nurburg, Interlagos, Mount Panaorama, Kyoto Driving park..... What do you mean? Where would you race F1, really?

Yes really, only Interlagos and Suzuka would be acceptable to me because it would somewhat resemble reality. 21 races on the calendar and there's only 2 f1 tracks in GTS?

I understand you can physically drive an f1 car on a few tracks in game, but that's not the point. The track list is just so lacking the game somehow doesn't deserve F1, it can't properly be represented.

I would say f1 on Bathurst would be awesome. But realistic, no.

Well if you'd like to see 24 Unpaintable Mercedes or Ferraris racing, then yes. I don't know how Turn 10 got away with painting those Renaults however. An Indycar lineup has a likelier chance of appearing than just 1 F1 car with 2 colours. A modern day Formula Gran Turismo would be cool

Back