POLL: For FFB Wheel Users...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 23 comments

Would you like to have the option to hide the wheel & drivers arms in cockpit view?

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Would you like to have the option to be able to hide the on screen wheel & drivers arms in cockpit view?

I'll post the url to this poll in a bug report form once there are enough votes.

It seemed to have worked last time I did that (see here).

:D

It's just that I should raise my wheel more upwars in front of my rig tv in the non-hand view. But it is not possible with my current configuration. Virtual hands don't annoy me, but I can see this option is needed.

To all the weird responses to my poll-answer.

The poll says: "Would YOU like the option in the game?", (so for my own use, no).

it (the poll) does not say "Could the adding of this option improve the game?".

If that would have been the poll, my answer would have been yes.

@Johnnypenso - I think this should explain why I voted no.

My native language is not English so I might have misinterpreted the poll-question... but why on earth would I mind the option being available for other players ingame? Sure, whatever floats people's boats. Me? I won't use it.

Edit: not sure if the poll can be edited (my vote), any moderator feel free to -1 on the "no" & +1 on the "yes"

Ofcourse a good option to have, but extremely unlikely to happen at this point. It requires them modelling the area behind the wheel, for all cars.

But they should add dash cam view as option, which doesnt show the wheel being so much forward just over the dash.

JvM
Ofcourse a good option to have, but extremely unlikely to happen at this point. It requires them modelling the area behind the wheel, for all cars.

But they should add dash cam view as option, which doesnt show the wheel being so much forward just over the dash.
You think the area behind the wheel isn't modeled? How are smaller games, on a fraction of their budget and a tiny fraction of the number of modelers able to this?

You think the area behind the wheel isn't modeled? How are smaller games, on a fraction of their budget and a tiny fraction of the number of modelers able to this?

There might be something, but in a way that they don't need to do anything, i doubt it.

And for example AC didn't have this at start if you remember? They had removed hands and stationary wheel. I remember Stefano saying something about modelling needed, and they did it obviously. (for not too many cars, at the time.. and then ofcourse all added cars)

JvM
There might be something, but in a way that they don't need to do anything, i doubt it.

And for example AC didn't have this at start if you remember? They had removed hands and stationary wheel. I remember Stefano saying something about modelling needed, and they did it obviously. (for not too many cars, at the time.. and then ofcourse all added cars)
I've had it since the fall of 2014 and it's always had it as far as I can remember.

I've had it since the fall of 2014 and it's always had it as far as I can remember.

Looked at my changelog, it was added in version 0.6. :)

Anyway, it's obviously doable if they wan't to, but I'm very doubtful that PD will do it. I hope I'm wrong though.

It's an option. Sure I want that! Looks so much more real when I are a wheel user.

@CodeCmdr not gonna happen afair. PD said it's a performance thing... so just height and distance, no FOV (as much as i liked it)!

WP_20170330_001.jpg

What I see when driving... (lost somewhere in North Carolina at the time...)

As now i'm an owner of a Driving Force GT and tried G27 several times before, I would yes even though I would probably not disable it for the most of the time.

More options, the better.

I would not really mind having the wheel there, if I could just turn off the hands,
but both switchable off, ... definitely

VBR
I'll post the url to this poll in a bug report form once there are enough votes.

Bug report sent. Let's see if the option is added in a future update.

Back