POLL: GT5's Honda Civic: Good or Bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter rudi555
  • 34 comments
  • 3,955 views

Civic: Good or bad

  • Prefer the BMW E30,E31,E34,E36...

    Votes: 32 30.5%
  • CIvic?What the...

    Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Kinda like it

    Votes: 53 50.5%
  • Should not exist

    Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Coll

    Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Every time we start, it will explode

    Votes: 13 12.4%

  • Total voters
    105
Messages
89
Messages
rudi555mustang
I'm having a little discussion with my friend about the Honda Civic.
I say it's bad, my friend says that it's ok.
In my opinion, FWD cars suck. We can´t have fun, but GT5 has loads and loads of Civic, but not even one BMW E30.
Please vote
 
For the money, they're great.

I did the Grand Valley 300 Endurance race in the '97 Civic and won easily. And it was fun.

I didn't vote in your poll though, because the choices aren't very good.
 
IRL, I own an EG Civic Si and an E36 M3 and love both of them. Your poll options need to be revised.
 
Poll: Awful

Your reasoning is absent of any logic. Why shouldn't the civic be in the game?
 
What civic are you talking about? I wouldn't want some base level crapbox civic, but the Si and Type Rs are quite good. The top 5 times at our autox events are usually all civics.

What a weird poll though, you seem to be comparing every civic ever made to.. every 3 series ever made? What criteria is supposed to be used to compare them, they're fairly (entirely) different cars.

I voted for all the poll options.
 
The Civics range from meh to awesome, the type R is great, except the latest version, I didn't like that one when I tried it, the slightly older permo is amazing, I love the high revving sound of it, very exciting drive superb handling.

Didn't vote in the poll as I don't understand it. Change poll to Yes/No as those are the only applicable answers.
 
Menown
Didn't vote in the poll as I don't understand it. Change poll to Yes/No as those are the only applicable answers.
I agree
Also look at the graph its useless like that
 
I voted "Every time we start, it will explode." Mainly because I've had a long morning and somehow I found that entertaining. Probably more of an indication of my lack of sanity, but maybe a bit of an indicator that your poll makes no sense.
 
I do not understand the reasoning behind this poll. What's next Integra bashing? I for one feel the Civic has its place in the game and I enjoy driving my dailly driver Integra. I feel the Civic is well represented, it's not like there are a hundred of them in the game (Miata,MX5, Roadster) People enjoy driving and when your daily driver is in the game, it makes you feel connected. I had to have every style of Integra and test them out. This doesn't mean I do not enjoy the supercars of the game but it gives us more possible choices. :)
 
This poll is fail. IRL I daily drive an e46, and love it's handling. On the other hand I own a weekend/summer/track Integra that gives me great joy to drive.
I don't even understand some of the voting options.
 
I like both Civics and BMWs and I think the game needs more classic BMW cars but I really don't like the idea of replacing the Civic with the BMW. So why can't we have both?

By the way, you forgot E21 and the Alpina tuner factory. :)
 
In my opinions FWD cars doesn't suck. You just need to adapt your driving style to the fact that the front wheels are doing all the work while the rear wheels are just there as a counterforce. In other words, you need to stick to your braking points if you want to stay in the racing line, cause you can't oversteer back if you miss it like you can in an RWD car. The difference is greater in rally because the FWD pulls the car while the RWD pushes. So with an RWD car you need to focus on balance, that the wheels are pushing from behind the center of gravity (so you don't get a too wide angle or spin out), while in an FWD car you need to adjust the throttle so that you don't lose the traction on the front wheels and can't steer properly.
 
It's OK.
I ran the Laguna endurance race in the 97 (EK I think) and came second due to it being seriously underpowered on the straights and haven't driven it since.
 
The EK Type R is easily one of my favorite cars in the game among quite a few FF cars as well. The M cars are just as fun IMO. Your poll is heavily biased.
 
Can I ask what you mean by "Everytime you start it, it will explode?" I'm a little confused here. Most (all) front wheel drive cars I've seen don't explode on ignition (or at all for that matter), at least not from being FWD.
 
The Civic EK '97 was my first car and I don't regret it! The Mugen Motul Civic is great too!

But the poll is pointless!
 
A bit understeery. That's my only complaint.
 
This poll is fail. IRL I daily drive an e46, and love it's handling. On the other hand I own a weekend/summer/track Integra that gives me great joy to drive.
I don't even understand some of the voting options.
Hehe...backwards to what so many purists would try to make of this topic.


I own a 08 Civic Si and 87 MR2 in real life. Both are very, very different cars. The Civic is way nicer to drive day to day, and a little more fun on a regular commute with twice the power of the MR2 and way better sound. When things get tight and twisty, the MR2 is a hoot. Forget that it might put 80hp to the ground. If you can safely approach its limits and let the rear come around a little, it'll be hard to match the experience in the Civic, even if it manages to do everything faster than the MR2.

But, when was the last time the guy who had the most fun took home the gold and the fastest guy left empty handed?
 
I actually surprised on the type r performance,and last week I've found the spoon type r and it performed better than my 86 ss version, I test it in eiger ,despite having less hp than my 86 ss version (30 hp less), the spoon's time on eiger is 1 second faster than my 86, you have to buy that spoon civic, it's a hidden gem in UCD
 
I actually surprised on the type r performance,and last week I've found the spoon type r and it performed better than my 86 ss version, I test it in eiger ,despite having less hp than my 86 ss version (30 hp less), the spoon's time on eiger is 1 second faster than my 86, you have to buy that spoon civic, it's a hidden gem in UCD

I think one of the things behind the Spoon Civic EK9's performance is its light weight.., just getting that from you makes me pumped up, I've been a long fan of Civics and the Spoon EK9 is my favorite.., :D

@original post & poll - maybe this guys just want to throw an insult to the Honda Civic with his nonsense.., personally I am offended, but WTH man?? I mean, the Civic is one of the greatest FWD cars ever.., :)
 
I don't hate the civic, hold on, i like the civic, it even should exist some mugen's of it in the game, and I also like the spoon, i'm just comparing with those cool BMW's that the game doesn't have. Instead of thousands of civic's, one M3 E30 please.
Don't get a wrong idea of me. 👍
 
I love the Civics. I own a B16 EK and my only complaint is GT's engine note is lame, especially when modified. A real life stock EK B16a/b sounds much more urgent and with induction/cams/exhaust turns into a beast, especially at the vtec changeover point
 
Last edited:
Civics are great cars, no doubt about that. Have you seen the Spoon Civic EK in the UCD? It's absolutely amazing to drive!:dopey:
By the way, your poll is terrible. :ouch:
 
I drive a 98 TypeR civic there very quick but in GT5 the sound is off abit but its still good
 
This pol is too: one sided..
civic's are the best... reliable, cheap, cool, fast (if well tuned).. did i said "reliable" unluke those germans and others..!!!
 
The Civics are among the best FWD chassis around, and they are some what legends for the boy racer groups. Not having them in the game would cause a massive uproar, and I doubt that PD would have gotten the license to put Honda's in the game, if Civics weren't in there. And without that you wouldn't get the S2000 and NSX. (though there are to many in game, could you imagine the game without them?)

I choose the entire Honda line up over a couple BMW's. Quick bit of fun BWM= Bought My Wife, or Break My Windows.
 
I like the older Honda Civic's. I like their cheap thrills, even if they are a bit too boy racer-ish (I hate boy racers, they make my insurance nearly £2000 a year!)

However, my girlfriend absolutely hates the new Honda Civic. She says it's cheap, plastic, tacky and unneeded... and as any guy in a relationship would know, I have to agree with her opinion out of fear :lol:
 
Back