Members
Klaus Meine
Rudolf Schenker
Matthias Jabs
Paweł Mąciwoda
James Kottak

Past members
See: List of former members

How many German rock bands can you even name? I can only name this and Nena.:lol:

UFO
Accept
Warlock
Rammstein
Helloween

I'm done thinking about that now. :lol: I'm sure there is more if I think hard enough about it,but these came off the top of my head.

Their music is not complex yet somehow the feelings they induce are. Meine is an exceptional singer and the band has a killer chemistry, saw them live and were astonishing. They have a ton of awesome songs. HOF.

Also in the dictionary alongside the term "Rock Ballad" is their photo. 👍

Last edited:
Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, hell no.

But why not?

I mean, the bands I mentioned, plus Scorpions, all play Rock/Hard Rock, have roughly the same number of records sold (around 100 million), music can't be classified as bad...

My point is, you have to go beyond your personal taste. Not that we're talking about something serious, but that's the way it should work, in my opinion.

Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, hell no. Van Halen, yes.

This.

Van Halen came on the scene long before any of these other Sunset Strip bands. They may have had long hair, but they weren't a hair band. They have all the makings that separate them from the rest. The Scorpions just sound like most of the other hard rock bands to come out of the mid-eighties. The one's that the record companies rushed to sign after Van Halen and Motely Crue got big.

It's my opinion. You clearly have a different one.

Van Halen: Founded in 1972, first album, Van Halen released in 1978.

Scorpions: Founded in 1965, First album, Lonesome Crow released in 1972.

Motley Crue is the worst, founded in 1981, which was also the year their first album released.

Your point=void.

I would say Van Halen is HoF though.

Last edited:
The Scorpions were hugely influential... they certainly influenced me to stop listening to The Scorpions.

But why not?

I mean, the bands I mentioned, plus Scorpions, all play Rock/Hard Rock, have roughly the same number of records sold (around 100 million), music can't be classified as bad...

My point is, you have to go beyond your personal taste. Not that we're talking about something serious, but that's the way it should work, in my opinion.

So they sold a lot of records, they've been around forever, so of course they have. Doesn't make them good.

Van Halen had the talent to pick up and play anything Scorpions ever did. I don't think Scorpions would be able to nail Van Halen like that. Purely hypothetical, but one band is more talented than the other.

Whether they were around first or not, their music blends in with the typical 70's 80's hard rock but there's nothing distinctive about it, it brings nothing new to the table. Van Halen stands out among their peers, Scorpions are just filler music on classic rock stations in my eyes.

Again, musical taste is pretty subjective, but I'd put Van Halen in an entirely different ballpark than Scorpions.

The Scorpions were hugely influential... they certainly influenced me to stop listening to The Scorpions.

:lol: :lol:

Is it still too late to nominate this for quote of the year?:lol:

I still think one should go beyond personal taste, but that's more than fair enough. 👍

What good would that do? If they don't align with my musical taste, then I won't like them. Abba lies way beyond your musical taste, so you should give Abba a chance. I've given The Scorpions a chance, and I formed an opinion on them. Forcing myself to like them won't do anyone any good.

Van Halen had the talent to pick up and play anything Scorpions ever did. I don't think Scorpions would be able to nail Van Halen like that. Purely hypothetical, but one band is more talented than the other.
That is kinda beyond the point... Music is much more than "technical talent".

Again, musical taste is pretty subjective
Let's leave it at that. 👍

Oh, and for the record, I agree with pretty much everything you said on Van Halen vs. Scorpions.

What good would that do? If they don't align with my musical taste, then I won't like them. Abba lies way beyond your musical taste, so you should give Abba a chance. I've given The Scorpions a chance, and I formed an opinion on them. Forcing myself to like them won't do anyone any good.

No one should force anything and that sentence only makes me think that you're missing the point...

And I'm glad you brought that example, because I hate listening to Abba, but yes, I'd vote them as H.O.F.

EDIT: Sorry I double-posted. Had too many windows open and lost the plot...

No one should force anything and that sentence only makes me think that you're missing the point...

And I'm glad you brought that example, because I hate listening to Abba, but yes, I'd vote them as H.O.F.

No, I got your point. Maybe I just got the word choice wrong.

I would describe Abba, the same way I would describe The Scorpions. They have alot of fans and they've sold a good amount of records, but they don't bring anything new to the table and their sound sounds like everything else of the era. And no offence, but I find your choice of Hall of Fame for Abba extremely questionable.

Yes there are bands that I have voted hall of fame that I don't particularly like, but I realize that they do deserve an HOF vote. AC/DC comes to mind. The Scorpions just don't fit the bill to make me vote in that manner. Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE them, they're not bad or anything. I just feel they really don't do much to deserve anything else but a "meh" from me.

And no offence, but I find your choice of Hall of Fame for Abba extremely questionable.
Oh, none taken... At all.

They have alot of fans and they've sold a good amount of records, but they don't bring anything new to the table and their sound sounds like everything else of the era.
Talk about "questionable"...

Really, if you truly believe in what you're saying and resume Abba's career to that, then there's no point in keeping any kind of "fame" discussion going.

Back