• yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • maybe

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • no

Votes: 74 70.5%

• Total voters
wat-meme.jpg

Did you mean that the save hacking is benefical for PD for future development?
perhaps it's good for the actual sales figures (not many guys want a game which needs hard working for credits) ... r.

Oh! Do you mean that the ability to hack and glitch the game in the ways that people have been doing so, is all part of a marketing scheme?
Sorry if I'm wrong! Just curious and would like to help clear some confusion is all :)

I get what the OP is trying to say. Basically, is the fact that the game is Hackable making the game more desirable for people to play. That's how I interpret the statement.

I'd have to say that I do not believe PD is using the hacking as marketing. If we were not members of GTplanet, chances are unless we were exploring the possibilities of hacking ourselves, the knowledge of the possibility would be very limited.

If PD was using this to gain publicity, aka marketing the fact, it would have a much stronger presence across a larger gamer base.

I will say though, back in the days of GT3 when my friend introduced me the garage tool, it did make me dust that off and play again, actually, probably got me started back in Gran Turismo Series again all because of it back then.

So in conclusion, potato.

PD is marketing GT as a simulation game while hacking is anti-simulation so no, I never think Sony would advertise it for marketing. That is beyond logic and just plain stupid. It would make more sense if you say Sony is using "anti-hacking" as a marketing tool lol.

Hacking is Hacking.
Modding is Modding.
Glitching is Glitching.
Marketing is Marketing.

There's glitches in every game, and people will always find a way to hack/mod/glitch.

Coding is hard, it's never perfect from Day 1.

PD is marketing GT as a simulation game while hacking is anti-simulation so no, I never think Sony would advertise it for marketing. That is beyond logic and just plain stupid. It would make more sense if you say Sony is using "anti-hacking" as a marketing tool lol.

Wrong. Only with regards to things like, stupidly powerful cars and grip multipliers.

But yeah, OP's theory is illogical, how would it be beneficial to the marketing of the game?

how would it be beneficial to the marketing of the game?
gt6 is again under discussion and the credit barrier is down ... which could lead to new customers, no?
i don't know - that's the reason for my poll ;) r., who sometimes use to few words

:confused:
@raweer
What do you know?
What do you really know and what are you guessing about?

real: Money/credit glitch
real: Glitch patched with update 1.02.
real: hacked car in season event 28th august at no1.
real: No1 position removed after 2 days.
real: season events 28th august started with wrong picture for 500pp hotlap and twin paint winnings.
real: Fixed after 6 or 8 hours, Picture contaned 500pp and paintchips changed into 4 seperate ones.
real: update 1.10 created (more) problems for online lobby.

Speculation: hacking is made available and is marketing.

The speculation that programmers are noob would be more acceptable.

Why is this poll and topic created?
What drives you? Why?
Do you want to know why it is hackable or do you accuse Polyphony they made it hackable on purpose?
What do you want from us?

uh, many question marks ;) (i know the coding business - and i try to think different)
if i would be in charge at PD, i wouldn't fight that much against hacking ...
My target would be to sell as much as possible before the time is running out. r.

In all reality, if PD wanted to "market" the hackability, they'd make a User Interface integrated into the game to turn the "exploit" into a "game feature" and then advertise "aka market" the hacking as a game feature.

Anything that gets a company or game into the news (or shall I say, bloggers talking about it) can have marketing potential. Who, besides us who already have the game, would be aware that the hacking is happening? No one.

potato

Another thread with people desperately trying to justify why they hack. "The hackers make the gt series better" "without hackers you wouldn't have such and such". If you all think gt is so bad, why on earth would you want to hack it so badly. "Just wanna slam my ride man" "only use hacked cars offline" blah blah blah. Unfortunately for most of us hacking just means the games compromised and therefore worse. How this could be marketing I have no idea.

i had the same suspicion back in the beginning, when the car-glitch was used ... i really can't belive, that there are such "noobs" working at PD/Sony ... so, i would vote "yes" ... r.

Is that you, Mr. former Governor Jesse Ventura?
I really like conspiracy theories. And I like to make up my mind about "follow the money" and whatnot. Sometimes, this is even challenging.

But in this case, just a simple "no" is just about right to vote in your poll. "Hackability", was the least that PD had in mind for GT6..

Another thread with people desperately trying to justify why they hack. "The hackers make the gt series better" "without hackers you wouldn't have such and such". If you all think gt is so bad, why on earth would you want to hack it so badly. "Just wanna slam my ride man" "only use hacked cars offline" blah blah blah. Unfortunately for most of us hacking just means the games compromised and therefore worse. How this could be marketing I have no idea.
The answer is in the question, the game is so bad hacking gives you the options to be creative and do stuff you really want to do that the game won't allow you to do. It makes the game better for some people.

Is that you, Mr. former Governor Jesse Ventura?
I really like conspiracy theories. And I like to make up my mind about "follow the money" and whatnot. Sometimes, this is even challenging.

But in this case, just a simple "no" is just about right to vote in your poll. "Hackability", was the least that PD had in mind for GT6..
Not sure why it's a "conspiracy" when games have always had built in easter eggs, secret areas, secret power ups etc. etc. etc. Why not built in glitches to provide avid gamers with pockets full of money? Could even be a passive agressive thing on Kaz's part going against his Sony bosses who introduced microtransactions into the mix, giving them the old finger without actually having to do it directly.

Last edited:
The answer is in the question, the game is so bad hacking gives you the options to be creative and do stuff you really want to do that the game won't allow you to do. It makes the game better for some people.
Problem is Johnny, I think it's a massive underhand compliment. There are games that let people do these things, it seems that people want to do these things in gt rather than other games

Problem is Johnny, I think it's a massive underhand compliment. There are games that let people do these things, it seems that people want to do these things in gt rather than other games
Of course they want to do it in GT. It has the biggest car selection and the best graphics, it's only natural.

But we should respect the game. It surely can't become a free for all. If I had mg wishes the game would surely be crap to most. I respect you pal you know your onions but hacking is really lame

lol Lame is grinding the same race over and over to buy a car that drives like crap and you only discover this after its too late. Lame is not being allowed to add aftermarket rims to some cars, lame is not being able to tune some stuff on a few cars, a lot of things are lame, fixing some of the lame stuff through "hacking/modding" is not lame at all.

Not sure why it's a "conspiracy" when games have always had built in easter eggs, secret areas, secret power ups etc. etc. etc. Why not built in glitches to provide avid gamers with pockets full of money? Could even be a passive agressive thing on Kaz's part going against his Sony bosses who introduced microtransactions into the mix, giving them the old finger without actually having to do it directly.

I'm sorry if I have confused you with the first paragraph of my posting. I must have forgotten to post irony tags about the conspiracy ;)

Which won't apply for the second paragraph.

Back