is hack-ability marketing?

• yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • maybe

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • no

Votes: 74 70.5%

• Total voters
Why would they intentionally make the game "hack-able" for marketing purposes and then ban you for doing it?
lol Lame is grinding the same race over and over to buy a car that drives like crap and you only discover this after its too late. Lame is not being allowed to add aftermarket rims to some cars, lame is not being able to tune some stuff on a few cars, a lot of things are lame, fixing some of the lame stuff through "hacking/modding" is not lame at all.
No, I don't suppose it is, but it is illegal. The game's EULA specifically forbids you from modifying the software. If you do it, then it's technically breach-of-contract and Sony retains the final decision as to whether or not to sue you for it. And getting sued is lame.

Why would they intentionally make the game "hack-able" for marketing purposes and then ban you for doing it?

No, I don't suppose it is, but it is illegal. The game's EULA specifically forbids you from modifying the software. If you do it, then it's technically breach-of-contract and Sony retains the final decision as to whether or not to sue you for it. And getting sued is lame.

Common mistake. I didn't agree to a contract. There is an OLUA that I would be in breach of if I agreed to it and then brought these cars online, but since I don't go online, I've never agreed to the OLUA & so I'm not in breach of any agreements I've never agreed to. I think nobody should bring hybrids online, if they do PD can banned you as to the OLUA says they can.

I do what I want, I had tons of modded cars on Gt5 and took them online. As long as you stay out of time and drift trials they really don't seem to care.

i had the same suspicion back in the beginning, when the car-glitch was used ... i really can't belive, that there are such "noobs" working at PD/Sony ... so, i would vote "yes" ... r.

So... rather than development of hack-proof games being really really hard (impossible?), you believe it's more likely that developers deliberately leave loopholes open because hacking is good for the marketing?

hi, not active, no, that would be to strong meat ... but perhaps passive?

- the car-glitch was like a huge initial aid, no? And it took that long to fix - and no further action (like a simple comparition "value of all cars" vs "earned money") was taken ... it's impossible for me, to believe, that this was an unintended error - and certainly not a fight "PD against Sony" to prevent us from grinding
- and now, the protection of the game save turns out to be that simple - and again, no actions (change method, new key, whatever)

... but, you know, in gt7, all will be better ... soon - or in future updates ;) r.

Last edited:
hi, not active, no, that would be to strong meat ... but perhaps passive?
- the car-glitch was like a huge intial aid, no? And it took that long to disable - and no further action (like a simple comparition "value of all cars" vs "earned money") was taken ... it's impossible for me, to believe, that this was an unintended error - and certainly not "fight PD against Sony"
- and now, the protection of the save turns out to be that simple - and again, no actions (change method, new key, whatever)
... but, you know, in gt7, all will be better ... soon - or in future updates ;) r.

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Hard to understand. I said no.

Would be a better question on how the hacking affect the development of GT for PD.

... go ahead - perhaps better with five, no six, options:
o yes
o maybe
o no
o i don't understand
o i don't like this thread
o i don't want to think
:) r.

Last edited:
Maybe off-topic a bit but, a simple built-in filter for all on-line lobbies to automatically stop hacked cars being entered shouldn't be that hard to incorporate through a hot-fix should it? 💡

That way the hacked cars can be kept off-line and the hackers can do whatever the hell they want with their hacked cars off-line. Everyone's a winner all round me thinks :sly:

As for seasonal's & TT's, PD could just use the above proposed filter just before said seasonal is loaded, therefore preventing the seasonal from loading if you're in a modded/hacked car.

Sounds simple enough to me 👍.

As to the poll? I'm a bit confused so I didn't answer!!:indiff:

lol Lame is grinding the same race over and over to buy a car that drives like crap and you only discover this after its too late. Lame is not being allowed to add aftermarket rims to some cars, lame is not being able to tune some stuff on a few cars, a lot of things are lame, fixing some of the lame stuff through "hacking/modding" is not lame at all.
That's your opinion, fine. My opinion is taking hacked/modded cars into online time trials is properly lame. Just begins to ruin the events for many of us. Either renders the events pointless, or pd have to keep trying to keep a lid on it. Also not sure how it'll affect something like the FIA online championship. It may have no impact at all, May ruin the event for everybody.

The only games I know with "hacking options" are:

• Watch Dogs
  • The Sims 4

I can`t add more to the thread because I really don`t understand the reason why...

big-reason-why.png

Took me a while to even understand what you were asking, anyways.. Yes. I know more people than I can count on two hands that I used to play with on GT5 that never bought GT6 because they found out people couldn't mod as well. Those same people are now considering buying it, as the news about mass modding has been getting out. Not to mention, we have more features in GT6 that was introduced to PD through the modded cars of GT5.

Back