POLL - Share with us your arrival to GTP

  • Thread starter Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 48 comments
  • 3,688 views

Select 1 of the reasons below that best describe your recent arrival to GTP:

  • I am brand new to the GT series :dopey:

    Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I cheated on GT :guilty:, but i regret now :drool:

    Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I lost faith in GT :crazy: but PD's hardwork paid off by convincing me 👍

    Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I though other games were better than PD 👎, but i must confess my error :O

    Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Man Furismo Jive ! :cheers: I've always been around here.

    Votes: 124 81.6%
  • GT5 looks MeH :rolleyes:

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I am Dan G and I hate GT! 🤬 :banghead: :dunce:

    Votes: 4 2.6%

  • Total voters
    152
  • Poll closed .
Messages
5,113
France
SoCal
Messages
GTP_MooCow
I've noticed that there has been a significant number of new members joining GTP lately! Jordan and the Moderators can confirm...

This game is bringing us together! That's how powerful this is ...
The very reason of this website
photo12a.jpg


And so i am curious, wanted to do a poll for those who have just joined us within the past 3 months.

Where and how you came about to join us.
Please explain us what was the single thing that pushed you to come here, and learn more about GT5.
What's that little detail from the game that made you a believer, that convinced you or converted you.

WELCOME ALL!


If you will please select one of the following options:

1) 💡 I am brand new to the GT series :dopey:

2) I am have been cheating on GT :guilty:, but now i regret :( and i'm coming back :drool:

3) I lost interest with GT :crazy:, but now i recognize PD's hardwork to worth the delay. 👍 👍 👍

4) I thought another game developer was doing a much better job than PD 👎 , but now i confess :O my critics were short change.

5) Man Furismo Jive !! :cheers: I have been around GTP for at least 6 months. :cheers:

6) GT5 looks MEH... :rolleyes: there are better car games out there...

7) I hate GT 🤬, especially GT5 :banghead:, I still believe my game is over the top better (please vote here if you are Dan Greenawalt) :dunce:



"Human emotion is predictable and logical ... "
photo11a.jpg
 
I think google will probably be on number one. :)
 
I joined 6 years ago thinking "awesome a forum about Gran Turismo!!!!"
 
I've been around for over two years now (at least i think it's been that long!). I prefer to linger around the site reading threads without posting my opinion. So this is one of the rare posts i have replied to..
 
I've lurked for a few months and descided I'd like to participate. It's close enough to GT5 time that I am all GT5 in my head and will be until it's out.

Yay GTP:tup:
 
I've been lurking here on and off since GT5: P was released but only recently began contributing with posts.
 
I was cheating on GT with NEED FOR SPEED Porsche Unleashed 2000!!
 
Joined Aug 07, 2005. There was such a wealth of good information on GT4, that I had to register.
 
Hey Dan G. ! Thanks for dropping by.




How serious are you guys about this game??

With such a game, with this caliber of quality... how can you just be a casual player... i can't see myself as such... i will be on this all the time :lol: :P Forget about real relationships... All i need is GT5 after Nov 2. :scared:
 
I started lurking the site as a guest in late March, I did not have the urge to join GTPlanet at the time, although I remember the whole "mimaximax" controversy. I joined June 5th, 2010, 1 day after my 14th birthday. I've contributed almost daily since I joined, and I'm glad to be a member of GTPlanet. 👍

And I have been loving the Gran Turismo series since 2006.
 
The GT series has been my favourite game series of all time, ever since i first got GT1 which was my first PS1 game :D i've been a lurker here for around 2 years now but joined and started contributing around April :)
 
I've been lurking the forums during E3 2010 I believe, and then I started making posts.

I have GT 1-4 and I've been a fan of GT ever since I was just a kid in '98. :D
 
For some 1.5 years here. Stumbled upon this site while searching for news. After some lurking I created an account, because I had a GREAT idea for a thread, which became a GREAT fail, in the fashion of a new member you know?

:lol::lol::lol:

(I thought I was the only person on earth that spotted the first "sign" of damage in a picture. :dopey:)

Forget about real relationships... All i need is GT5 after Nov 2. :scared:

Fou real. 👍:lol:
 
Last edited:
I started lurking the site as a guest in late March, I did not have the urge to join GTPlanet at the time, although I remember the whole "mimaximax" controversy. I joined June 5th, 2010, 1 day after my 14th birthday. I've contributed almost daily since I joined, and I'm glad to be a member of GTPlanet. 👍

And I have been loving the Gran Turismo series since 2006.
That is alot of post for a few months.

I lurked a bit, then joined back in April 2009 becuase I wanted to post something I can't quite remember what it was:ouch:
But then I became a pain see list of bad threads mainly locked due to high level of stupidness and terrible grammar,
but then I settled in and stayed away from the gt5 section too much speculation.

The best threads are the imports, DYSAGT, and funny pic threads other then that I just check the news every day thats how I keep up to date.

Paris.
 
To be honest, I lost faith because of the new game that kept never coming and I have played the series ever since GT1. Then in the end of July I messed around in the main menu of my PS3 and came across my GT5P download which I hadn't played for a very long time. I then started the game and updated to Spec III and took my time to look at the driving options which I never really paid much attention to except the most obvious driving aids such as driving line etc. There I disabled traction control, ASM, active sterring, and switched from automatic transmission to manual and selected professional physics. It took some time to get the hang of it but once I did it was like playing a totally different and much better game. Since then I have been more than ready for GT5. A couple of weeks later I found this forum just by searching for a GT forum on Google. Since then GT5 has been like a disease I can't get rid of. I even went back to GT4 for a short time to refresh some of the old tracks in my memory. :D
 
Last edited:
Option 5 for me.

I joined the forums just over 3 months ago, but have been visiting for a longer period.

However, I am relatively new to the GT series, as GT4 was the first one i owned.
 
Granturismo.com used to have a descent sized forum, probably aroud 2000-2001. Guy ended up selling it and i needed to look for somewhere new. Stumbled upon here
 
Been here since March 2005 for some info about GT4 and never left again. made lots of friends here too :)
 
Looking to find cheap socks on line.

Ended up here.
 
^ :lol:

i lurked for a while unti l i just had to sign up...i also wanted to know how close i was in terms of lap times and stuff. Started posting in august i think..
 
I played all the GT games up to GT4, but after my 5th PS2 broke I went ahead and got a 360 (turned out to be even more unreliable, but live and learn), so I missed out on all the GT5: P stuff. More recently, I started checking up on GT5 news, because forza just doesn't cut it, and I'm pretty desparate for a good looking sim. Probably should have made an account forever ago, but here I am.
 
I joined back in 2005 for information on GT4. I sold my PS2 a bit later and didn't visit the site much. I purchased a PS3 in anticipation of GT5 (in late 2009 for the 03/2010 release) and started posting a few days ago, because I didn't have much to say during "The Great Wait."

Nov. 2 can't come soon enough.
 
I forget when I joined, but I went premium when a portion of the proceeds of membership fees went towards finding a cure for Alzheimer's Disease. Around two years ago, I think. 👍

GTPlanet is the best GT resource on the net.
 
I'm here for nearly a year, I joined when I was searching for some opinions on GT5P to decide if the game was worth the effort of buying a PS3. GTP'ers were right, it was.

Not trying to be pedantic, but this thread has too few to do with GT5, and hence should be moved to the Rumble Strip - Introduce Yourself section.
 
I'm here for nearly a year, I joined when I was searching for some opinions on GT5P to decide if the game was worth the effort of buying a PS3. GTP'ers were right, it was.

Not trying to be pedantic, but this thread has too few to do with GT5, and hence should be moved to the Rumble Strip - Introduce Yourself section.
i kinda agree... but was hoping we leave it here for a while to make our new members feel welcome.






To be honest, I lost faith because of the new game that kept never coming and I have played the series ever since GT1. Then in the end of July I messed around in the main menu of my PS3 and came across my GT5P download which I hadn't played for a very long time. I then started the game and updated to Spec III and took my time to look at the driving options which I never really paid much attention to except the most obvious driving aids such as driving line etc. There I disabled traction control, ASM, active sterring, and switched from automatic transmission to manual and selected professional physics. It took some time to get the hang of it but once I did it was like playing a totally different and much better game. Since then I have been more than ready for GT5. A couple of weeks later I found this forum just by searching for a GT forum on Google. Since then GT5 has been like a disease I can't get rid of. I even went back to GT4 for a short time to refresh some of the old tracks in my memory. :D

Thanks Nielsen 👍 for the little introduction, that was exactly what i was expecting ... because each of us is different... and the reason why we come together for this game can be just as intriguing...


Welcome back Nielsen ;)







Looking to find cheap socks on line.

Ended up here.

:lol: Have you feet been happy and warm since ??
 
Last edited:
Whooo!:)
Man Furismo Jive :lol:
I came to get the latest and best GT news
on this very planet!!!
 
Back