POLL: Shuffle Racing in GT7?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 37 comments

Do you want Shuffle racing back in GT7?

• Total voters
If only it was the exact same. Because then we'd have qualifying and grid starts. Licenses would matter and maybe even still have the entry fee thing. :P

I'd like to vote 'Sure. Why not?'

It's another option. It'd make perfect sense in Sport Mode. Imagine the Pole Sitter gets the 930T and the person in last gets the X-Bow. Sweet justice! ;)
Sport mode would ruin the fun, as it always does. There is a reason I avoid Sport mode with a ten foot pole, and this comes from someone with 'S' Safety rating.

If anything, I wanna see the ability for more customizable lobbies. For example, picking which models are eligible, as well as permitting certain settings to be tuned while not allowing tuning for others, or the ability for every car to be as-stock. That way, we could at least recreate certain events from the campaign, like Boxer Spirit. There could even be a drop-down menu of event names, and when you select one, the rulesets for that event are reflected in the lobby. Or, alternatively, I'd love the ability to share rulesets for lobbies, as well as tuning settings.

Well, first they would have to give us something equal to what we had in GT5 when it comes to Lobby editors. The Lobby editor in GT Sport (for lack of a better term) is half-a**ed compared to GT5 and GT6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first they would have to give us something equal to what we had in GT5 when it comes to Lobby editors. The Lobby editor in GT Sport (for lack of a better term) is half-a**ed compared to GT5 and GT6.
I fully agree, and I'm hoping it'll be much better in GT7.

Sport mode would ruin the fun, as it always does. There is a reason I avoid Sport mode with a ten foot pole, and this comes from someone with 'S' Safety rating.
Sport Mode IS online racing. That's what we had in Shuffle online racing. Sport Mode doesn't ruin it. It's the ratings and penalties PD put in place.

Sport Mode is the easiest way to race online. Entering Shuffle races could still be Sport Mode with no ratings hit. As in ratings are disabled. People would still act up regardless.

Sport Mode IS online racing. That's what we had in Shuffle online racing. Sport Mode doesn't ruin it. It's the ratings and penalties PD put in place.

Sport Mode is the easiest way to race online. Entering Shuffle races could still be Sport Mode with no ratings hit. As in ratings are disabled. People would still act up regardless.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to add it to sport mode, but I wouldn't be one of the people who choose to play it on there. The whole fun of having shuffle racing is because its lighthearted and fun. The fun comes from the awesome diversity of the cars, and the performance differences from all the possible cars you may be given. Once they add BoP and penalties on top of that... whats the point? It will look like any other race.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add it to sport mode, but I wouldn't be one of the people who choose to play it on there. The whole fun of having shuffle racing is because its lighthearted and fun. The fun comes from the awesome diversity of the cars, and the performance differences from all the possible cars you may be given. Once they add BoP and penalties on top of that... whats the point? It will look like any other race.
Those were my first tastes of online racing. Actually, it was a show & shine room at, ironically, Trial Mountain, but racing other people, I started out in a shuffle room(I think it was Deep Forest). It was definitely about having fun. I think the FD RX-7 was the car to be coveted.

It needs to come back I just bought the darn game because I thought I heard shuffle races came back in gt7 but I just found out otherwise. I probably won't play much unless it actually gets added. Cough cough

Back