POLL: standing vs rolling starts

What do you prefer, rolling or standing start ?

• I want all standing starts.

• I want all rolling starts.

• I want standing starts for slow classes, rolling starts for fast classes.

• I want all standing starts, but rolling starts are better because of (...)

• I just want a nice mix of starts.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Netherlands
Netherlands
Because of a small discussion in the dailys it is nice to have a thread and a poll about this subject. Maybe Scaff can put his reaction below in this thread about the low speed physics of the game and the reason for rolling starts.

Furthermore I have noticed yesterday that the rolling starts are not perfect. Sometimes it benefits some people a lot going forward with a pace they cannot compete with leading to dangerous situations. Yesterday #7 came driving forward up to #2 which should not be possible.

However, to me a rolling start should never be perfect. I like it how it is. We should not have a too clinical game. Some realism is nice and in reality things also do not go perfect. So some glitches aside, I like the rolling starts.
Also there are some racing classes where a rolling start is normal like GT3 and LMP 1.

But to me a standing start is so much more fun. It is about the real feel of racing. The biggest problem however that with standing starts online racing would be carnage in the first corner. It is already sometimes with rolling starts, let alone with standing starts. Thus, the poll questions regarding with this issue that you would like to see standing starts, but rolling starts are just better for less carnage or any other reason like the slow speed physics etc.

So I thought starting this poll and discussion was nice. I looked for “standing” and “rolling” in thread topic titels but it went back to 2010 so no new threads found by me. Unless the titles are not logical again.

What do you all think ?

I chose option #3: "I want standing starts for slow classes, rolling starts for fast classes."

However I'd love a mixture, not class dependent. Running starts are fine, but I'd love some standing starts as well, regardless of the car category, just for variety's sake :)

I really think they should mix it up, maybe change it for the daily every day or have some of the daily races standing and some rolling

The FIA championship races should all be standing starts in my opinion, it takes some skill and awereness to get off the line then the lights go out and to make your way through the pack if people stuff up their own start, but for ovals you should have rolling starts obviously

Speaking of rolling starts, I wouldnt mind them so much if they were double file

Standing Starts would be cool, but let's be honest:

This will never work in Daily Races. The whining and crying thread would explode instantly...

There would just be too much carnage going on.

For Daily Races and also FIA and Nations Races, rolling starts are fine.

I would prefer if our rolling starts would be similar to how rolling starts are done in real world racing where everyone is bunched up (*like the attached photo) then released once they get to the start-finish line. (*SuperGT does that kind of starts for GT500 and GT300, World endurance championship, Blancpain GT series, Nascar).

Attachments

• 34519667732_c4da1511b1_b.jpg
    34519667732_c4da1511b1_b.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 14
Is the bug already fixed where you can't do anything on the grid? Because if it isn't fixed i wouldn't like standing starts...

The option with the classes as in real world was meant to be slow/fast classes. But in real world there are not much Skyline R34 races so thats why I did not chose “real world” but the slow/fast option.

I add the mixed option as well. Did not go well in the poll and cant edit it :banghead:

But people can change the vote so maybe @Guffaluff and @Mr Satay can change there votes.

I would prefer if our rolling starts would be similar to how rolling starts are done in real world racing where everyone is bunched up (*like the attached photo) then released once they get to the start-finish line. (*SuperGT does that kind of starts for GT500 and GT300, World endurance championship, Blancpain GT series, Nascar).
Do all the cars accelerate once the lead reaches the start/finish line or is everyone restricted to a certain speed until they individually reach the start/finish line?

I like both either way; they all have their merits. Standing starts allow for much more bunched up and intense racing in the early stages (and in lobbies where TCS is prohibited, differing techniques to get the best start would always jumble the positions which is quite fun), but as said above, this will never work in Sport mode because of that very reason

Rolling starts are also exciting as well especially when the car behind you is much faster (ahem 919 vs Bugatti VGT) and the relatively civil manner of early racing found in rolling starts helps take off some pressure

The option with the classes as in real world was meant to be slow/fast classes. But in real world there are not much Skyline R34 races so thats why I did not chose “real world” but the slow/fast option.

I add the mixed option as well. Did not go well in the poll and cant edit it :banghead:

But people can change the vote so maybe @Guffaluff and @Mr Satay can change there votes.

Changed to mix starts :)

Latest Posts

Back