• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

REMINDER OF THE THEME

This month, we are celebrating our competition anniversary!

Exactly one year ago, our beloved @syntex123 launched the GT Planet Livery Editor Competition. 52 weeks and 26 rounds later, we're still here to have fun together with great people, sharing liveries as much as friendship.

Like the second round of the "main" LEC, we want you to create a livery to celebrate our website, to thank @Jordan and all the staff for this place where we gather together.

CARS :

- No Restrictions.

LIVERIES :
- No Restrictions

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The main sponsor of the livery must be GTPlanet.
- You can use these existing GTPlanet decals
- You can check the previous thread or the poll to remember or discover what we did a year ago. Unfortunately, it seems that some pics are now missing

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions.
- You can have up to 3 bonus pictures

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed (which is the main change from the first round)

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on April 14, 2019
This unusally long term will leave two full week-ends to vote, as I hope we can get a front page article to drag more voters here.

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

At the end of the poll, the TOP 3 cars will be nominated, and @Jordan will be the final judge to select the winning design.

All the bonus pictures are shown under the spoilers, but I invite you anyway to take the time to browse the main subject to read the stories behind these liveries!
The Bonus Livery Editor Challenge 02 (Anniversary) - OPEN

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05
BALDGYE1.jpeg

BALDGYE2.jpeg

BALDGYE3.jpeg

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08
ABDOG1.jpg

ABDOG2.jpg

ABDOG3.jpg

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11
View media item 48761View media item 48762 _____________________________________

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16
View media item 48982View media item 48981 _____________________________________

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18
SLDMAN1.jpg

SLDMAN2.jpg

SLDMAN3.jpg

Poll Option #19
View media item 48998View media item 48999 _____________________________________

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28
GOj4Mac.png

1ShGjkc.png

pa9pmiF.png

G5L7trP.png

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32
KELMAC1.png

KELMAC2.png

KELMAC3.png

KELMAC4.png

KELMAC5.png

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Poll Option #36

Poll Option #37

Poll Option #38

Poll Option #39

Poll Option #40

reserved for late entry

Last edited:
Voted for ;

10 : Very nice design, using the shape of the McLaren and the GT Planet colours. Also the rims are choosen wisely (I guess)

27 : It was about to happen. The Super Formula became availlable last week and like a F1 qualification session, the livery was uploaded very fast and all the lines and decals are placed in the right compilation.

37 : This livery surprised me. Instantly I had a flashback to GT4, like the White FordGT on the cover I think. The livery is also a retro, suitable for a small team, rallying with the Subaru.

I honestly thought about splitting in two polls to get six final contenders. But I couldn’t end with a « fair » cut (1-20/21-40, even/odd) and I didn’t want a reason for people to complain, as (I know I repeat myself a lot) I want this to be a tribute and not a competition.

It will be very hard to pick only three (or 5, or 10). Good luck for everyone !

This voting thing is getting pretty hard. I used to be able to pick a couple of favourites relatively easily but now the level is so high that there are 6 or 7 great liveries and it is a nightmare to pick 3. Congratulations on every one who entered :)

Tough choices I gotta admit but I managed to choose the three liveries that I'll be voting on this one and those are:

No. 6 - I love the color and design combo that I'm seeing on the R8. It's what I want for one of my Audi R8 LMSes.
No. 7 - It reminds me of Masato Kawabata's D1GP GR Supra and I like it.
No. 28 - Touche on the almost invisible flags shown on the rear bumper of the M4 Safety Car.

Gotta give props to no.22 and no.28 though. If I had more votes, would've given to those two.

Great entries overall. :)

Tough choices I gotta admit but I managed to choose the three liveries that I'll be voting on this one and those are:

No. 6 - I love the color and design combo that I'm seeing on the R8. It's what I want for one of my Audi R8 LMSes.
No. 7 - It reminds me of Masato Kawabata's D1GP GR Supra and I like it.
No. 28 - Touche on the almost invisible flags shown on the rear bumper of the M4 Safety Car.

Gotta give props to no.22 and no.28 though. If I had more votes, would've given to those two.

Great entries overall. :)

Thanks for the props ;)

#24 - I really liked this design. Not over wrought, very similar in concept to my own (only GTPlanet stickers appearing) and good use of the red and blue lines. Adult me would've done without the flames but little kid me is super stoked to see flames on the side of a car.

#27 - @Baliwa has a running record of being my 4th vote so it was a huge relief for him to make it so easy for me to give him a vote this time. Truly deserved it, although I wish I had waited a bit to submit my entry as it being right next to yours makes mine pale in comparison.

#34 - I knew this was going to do well and there was a part of me that wanted to "vote strategically" but then I'd just be lying to myself and to @Cytoria . I can't help but feel a lot of design connection to the Peugeot VGT from the first time around and I still can't decide if that's a good or bad thing but it's an excellent car.

Big thanks to the guys who have voted for my entry so far, I appreciate it!

What an incredibly difficult poll to vote on and massive props to all who entered. A great looking field of cars for this competition and a testament to the talent of the LEC community.

Some of my favourites-
#1- Interesting colour choice, which with the gradient work really pops. A futuristic livery that matches the car very well. I imagine it would look fantastic under lights at Le Mans
#9- Gorgeous work on the McLaren. A truly exceptional livery with shape and line work that stands out even in a field like this. Pulling it off on a chrome base is a testament to your skill. Excellent job!
#18- I don’t normally love the Anime type liveries, but the colours and shapes just work on that Supra. You’ve got a good eye!
#21- One of my favourite liveries I’ve seen period. The design you’ve come up with is 100% on trend with modern Le Mans cars and a brilliant representation of the GTP colour scheme. Everything is exactly how it should be.
#22- This livery has a real texture to it which creates a lot of visual interest. The entrant names is a great inclusion for a celebration Comp like this and the livery somehow feels very clean and simple, without sacrificing detail. Nice work!
#24- This livery feels so smooth and subtle that I really had to stop and have a proper look at it. In a world where bright colours attract attention, it takes a brave person to play in the shadows. Your livery somehow stands out while feeling classy, restrained and mature. Excellent work.
#27- This one honestly floored me. The contrast, decal placement and colours carry a weight of professionalism not often seen on high teir real race cars. Great visibility for sponsors and a very edgy, modern feel. This looks like it’s a chance of becoming the winner, and I think it deserves it.
#31- This is a livery whose bonus pictures really elevate it. Detailed, moody and very well restrained. It feels like a GTPlanet inspired GT5 stealth car and the use of dots, as a nod to the logo, creates a great brand identity.
#34- A very clear and solid celebration of the site and the game that birthed it. A very worth shot at the title by a very talented artist!
#36- A livery that is very well tailored to the car that it’s on. It’s hard to do white right, but you’ve got it spot on. Very balanced and sharp. Great design!

To all other entrants, fantastic job! There was so much I enjoyed about so many of these liveries but id be here all day if I talked about them all. You guys are all improving week on week and it’s fantastic to see this competition continually elevate as time goes by.

Cheers! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
#11 - Whilst not an instantly recognizable GTP livery (not enough black) it's a nice tasteful design with a clean almost 'fresh' feeling.

#12 - The design is relatively simple but I like the colour changing aspect which would work nicely for a one-make series supported by GTP.

#27 - I'm not normally a fan of single-seaters, but its a nice livery and suits the brief well. Extra kudos for the speed at which the livery was made whilst still maintaining a high quality.

Amazing liveries guys!
I have to say, #27, #19 and #26 are my personal favourites.

(I actually have a gtplanet livery, but it seems I am too late for the contest, but oh well)
By the way, good luck, guys! :D

#5, 9, 10. At time of my vote, #9 was third. They were ALL amazing though.

This should've been on the front page earlier instead of nearing the end of the poll - if it was I apologize as I don't come here daily (and rarely go past the front page) but hadn't seen it before today

#27, it uses the right colours, the GT Planet logo is clear and the right size and it's a high quality livery too. All of them very good entries but that one beat #3 and #36 for me.

The poll is now close, and we have our final trio!

Congratulations to @Baliwa , @Azabear6 and @Cytoria . It's now up to @Jordan to decide!

Baliwa

@Baliwa is known here for his quickness in the LEC. Despite being (almost) always in the first to post his entry, his quality is still very high and he is consistently in the top 5 of the LEC rankings.

Get the livery here (SF19 with Honda chassis).

Cytoria

@Cytoria is the co-runner of the LEC with @syntex123 . At the opposite of Baliwa, he is often the latest to post his entry.

Get the livery here (Ford GT LM Spec II).

Azabear

@Azabear6 is one of the most productive livery creator, but that doesn't impact the quality of his realisations and the glorious pictures to showcase them. With more than 5100 followers in the game, he is also one of the most popular around here.

Get the livery here (McLaren F1 GTR).

Despite not being in the final trio, I want to add a special mention to the 4th : @McDotter may not reach the podium this time, but we all have to thank him and @Maninashed for the work they put in the SVG request thread, where they use their time and skills to help numerous people.

Get the livery here (AMG VGT Racing Series).​

Thanks everyone for the entries !

@Baliwa just stands out so well. I was waiting on the sf19 to come out to do a livery on it and when I checked the thread and saw this, I just said out loud ‘nope’ and just reverted to the corvette which I’m very comfortable with.

The livery is just outstanding. Not to take anything away from anyone else but as mentioned, it was the quickness and just all out quality of it that just deflated me but made me love it instantly!

Congrats to everyone who entered, there was so much quality and attention to detail that trying to pick 3 did my head in. All the best guys and thank you all for the inspiration.

I've been avoiding the competition threads so I wouldn't bias myself to any designs before the judging officially begins, and now that I've had a look at the finalists... wow!

giphy.gif

I have been staring at the images for the last 20 minutes or so, and I've already changed my mind three times! I am going to have to step away and give this more thought before coming to a final decision. I will try to not leave you guys hanging too long... but this is hard!

Back