Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

The theme this fortnight: Le Mans Team Work. If you could make your own team, or an existing one, what would it look like? Let's find out. Image and liveries by @Cytoria. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Team racing. Project CARS had a lot of good variety in terms of team liveries available to choose from. A nice feature more games should implement. In GT Sport however, you can create a set of team liveries yourself, and this is the task you will perform in this fortnight's theme: Le Mans Team Work. Let's hear what @Cytoria has to say:

With the 2018 edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans just around the corner, it's time to do a tribute to this event.

Gr.1 cars are not very popular, and since the LEC is about pushing ourselves, I've decided that they will be the cars of the week. Not all Gr.1, though, only the ones which actually race in the Sarthe.

In addition to that, you'll have to create a team of two cars (or three if you are inspired) with the "same" livery but with distinctive elements. Changing the side mirrors colours and the numbers will not be enough. It is more in the spirit of the two choices of colours for the GT1/GT2 racing modifications or special models, and also like the Black/Red/Yellow Audi R8 '01.

My demo cars push the distinction a little bit further, so you can clearly understand what I mean.

CARS: "Real" Gr.1 cars

Audi R18 '11
Audi R18 '16
Porsche 919 '16
Peugeot 908 '10
Nissan GT-R LM '15
Toyota TS030 '12
Toyota TS050 '16
LIVERIES: Colour variations of the same livery
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, GIFs, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ
360° GIF: Optional
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  1. The liveries must use the in-game mandatory number plate (red). For Gr.1 cars, this is not a real problem, so it will make all entries "Sport mode friendly".
  2. The liveries can be inspired by real ones or fantasy.
  3. The two main pics will follow the rules of the previous weeks. Idealy you'll have both cars on each pic so two will be enough (It will help for the poll). One bonus pic must be taken on one of Le Mans scapes.
  4. The distinction between the liveries must be clear enough to be seen without further explanation. You can still describe your idea in your presentation text.
Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, or view the full 360° GIF before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
  • You have three votes. Use them wisely!

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #4

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #5

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

75yzE3w.png

vKFsfMf.png

n6FUkHD.png

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

28240850828_143dc401d5_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

4-jpg.736695

3-jpg.736694

2-jpg.736693

1-jpg.736692

20180516200954a-jpg.736697

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

kGnQIo92WCTIaI48-BzbVeL5s-Z5y62HMJTrY0413ub_S5jM8gRoP_fbBDjpYywkHYzEl4VNlWn3fgXYZ8GhKaIXxgOw-r_AmmYIM7KG2z4nuz2MGXdBWiOaCXAhsojJ7odOjiQO5_QkZzFm4NTGlbENCy4bvydh3H6m-sMG48WXcx-s3KeIuSR9MPL2-UE8F8stZMxLQ12AM_MrasAEbkpsk_DpKYt89wxNpPaGW-J7S5NCM_xSgaca56Iaumzjslqu1t3Eyo-eqIEQvBpQMB1pNBliZZZqUVMgAYV_vLlHFO7dnjmdln37iOHe6mr7-BCEY0DyCoNtAoAeDGq9IdjNN7JStM2zK2ntkdrctzQkItKVCI28FrSCBxdMfa-Nf3Fa-9oJe5zSfhQYgmtiwRAadeN0GJBxpyWG2AefUoj3Vtn7TDCoRRPgusOeUtH4KntKEXFX1qTzyLCvmYOVJ9Kva-ba54o017yhKeA3t15vM-RbqgvnfnQY9hlh4-AtSxrblzzbhtAr2lriHlluQZaryTRjIVD-2CFg3LDw1tiw_ykR40Vop-w093ebFs1ckKou7VFLiqLiMfZnlKoMj0sC6G1VUQgxUhY-O4R6GN2Q2lOUZ5-aP1wbaLmpoEZYWoPM9pBhJ0SHUzZ6i2nbN3AOAHaa-hMn=w640-h938-no

6G4A9c_HgNWDHu80Ln3sDS-bSXiMm-3DTcpbPl7PLGjuO1o43LSrtelly4VQctn3j4rrYstXbsAQdo4q3UmJzvRP6-ao0oO2dHQfyeRsaQUn199zC2Ql2033rcaTNvRFUZpClLAxJ_syiFDHg2bjwEseUFL5plbenEP6nxxCrsD7MFRP72QfOLW7cJaBAwA6wnHc6O5FTPsK_iiD2QG4CQrne0_RHXk8QzBmJqRDWfhLGXST7CFuWJIbKgfZCjtZT1KNSv8_fFRIbER4EzWak7nhNgdAqoP4NRfqbxoHJuf-_B64gDx6MD4J8eHuLLmsoXJHjp0rcj09B7NhxpLFrvZ-plc5H6_E0K1yQUGxcbehW2Cw72TikHkzbTKKvKsOsyCPfrs3VSSwj27FrrXIqs4pO6Oy_xEBmMIiMVGbKDz14y5fwyuBX4SGxEiU22a0aztCOY00aBVb30OR49pjPrfC8BBAMzwt0EYQN2VcdPxdl2woEUIPtGMnSlK8pwjMAt73lCwmkwCzoJKZuMvGuDYvBapJVrP8RaNlverYgtyULirajVgchShGtBrtgC-D-Zq1hSuBHAgX2PI55hvd4eYu5d-CXhF5_LGgTas3Id9alUH423yBGHHjV0p9V0B8X5eoAP9g88-zeGTJDOQ9YVpmi9m7TtCx=w640-h938-no

wxK2uaCRtW7wThBoNyJo32RwDXq5OYgbDA5QgfEPGrs9jIcUXiWlo_Sjjmb4iaIqBeObEaMwIqjF39__RQ3XcTfRl3W7Tg-OcN2NyRE1k_LufoRIB93HQ2Xd6b6bpGANBnqqwFfDHDjYPiWbnGrWHQ8Bzqlycq6EntheMZ0e7HuFWhZIFpahTyt-WthoEWxdOgjG5qiG40txwpjbj434YU2hwLFj3l9et4bZV9bM4izHaWNKqfnxgNR8INHS2E3SvlKFIRdswzx8uOl8vKV6GVQObI0DA75X4H98kaJaDclRfNiEqOfS8Yw06S1md2EBXJ5pMyLNkQVugsTcVMZukRhWGte8qB6JLSiV3tC1njFGY9GIuaSuipo8Bzb7MHNWqRW55y-V2WzxE79Aw2qwTkkzyY4Y5sWJRY354Jy5x7r6IHAiyFLlGbf4o2WpMxHUaRp9txEonvWvNw8_0kQ6-SDPOAU3gEJ3qRxdIWo1oXT4LRqT8Y7hsc5sIlQ507aBiudM_O307txL3j5dzKd52UGlR2zCpAeWvtGwJGBtLH8cUqf5B12PJDJulgmKZgMYj8UhZvs23j6qC0XrNxrOkhirVZQ0lT3ZsrvuBTravKjAlupawo6Mi7dEQMgcd_psm8-NGIrZi0ePIFiKCBdzgPHqePCJ61_Y=w640-h938-no

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

bwt-3-jpg.737788

bwt-4-jpg.737789

bwt-1-jpg.737786

bwt-2-jpg.737787

bwt-6-jpg.737879

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

Deadline

May 27, 2018 (midnight, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for you entries. I did not expect so many contributors with my Gr.1 theme, and I'm very pleased that most of you have taken time to this LEC. It is a hard poll again, but thankfully we can now select three entries, which is a bit more fair !

Yeah @Nuschel01 really helped making the layout look organized and nice, now no-one can complain they vote for the wrong entry :lol: And it will be interesting indeed now that we can pick three to vote for. Maybe a closer race than ever before? ;)

I feel like my entry is out of place but was the best I could do. I don't do liveries for LMPs because they're so awkward to work with. A lot of awesome ones here and I'm having trouble choosing!

WOW! Just wow guys, amazing work out there, hard to chose, have two of you picked up but the last vote will be a hard hard one uff ^^

I must apologise that I didnt get my entry up, but thought about changin the design I made in the beginning, but had no time lately to get something together and no time either to put the entry i had already done together to enter this round :(

Well done everyone, my hat's off in front of your skills

I have to admit I had a hard time picking three favourites, but that is usual in the LEC as I never know who to vote for :lol: first pick was straight forward, as I fell in love with the Rebellion TS030 the second I saw it, but the remaining two...

It was really tough but eventually I made it. Good luck to everyone!

And this time I'm sure I'll break the streak of getting one vote at least, the level is way too high :bowdown:

It's ok, I saw the note that we were allowed up to three choices just as I clicked Vote.

If I'm honest (and at the risk of getting DQ'd) I don't think a 3 vote system will work as intended.

Currently the system is equivalent to awarding gold medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in a race, at the end when they tally up the medals everyone looks like a winner. It's also saying that all three entries you vote for are as good as each other.

Imagine a scenario with three entries (#1, #2 & #3) and three voters (A, B & C).

A thinks #1 is the best, #2 is second and #3 third.
B also thinks #1 is best, but that #3 is second and #2 third.
C likes #3 best, #1 second and #2 third.

Under the current system all three get 3 votes and it's a three-way tie, despite #1 being the most popular and #2 being the least. Sure it gives #2 some recognition, but it also makes a mockery of #1 being a better entry.

Instead I'd propose a points based system where the main poll allows 1 vote and each voter is allowed to nominate a 2nd and 3rd place in a post. At the end of the poll each vote is awarded 3 points. Then each 2nd and 3rd nomination is awarded 2 and 1 points respectively.

Using the above scenario the results would be:

#1 (3pts)+(3pts)+(2pts) = 8pts
#2 (2pts)+(1pt)+(1pt) = 4pts
#3 (1pt)+(2pts)+(3pts)= 6pts

I know it's more work for the poll host, but with some simple spreadsheet-ing it should be too hard to keep track.

Instead I'd propose a points based system where the main poll allows 1 vote and each voter is allowed to nominate a 2nd and 3rd place in a post
I doubt that'd work since most people don't even read the rules of how to enter (correctly) :lol: Also it's a lot more work, prone for errors and it's kinda hard to keep track of it as a regular user. With the regular poll you instantly see who has the most votes whereas with the post-based poll you'd have to do the maffs by yourself all the time

Currently the system is equivalent to awarding gold medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in a race, at the end when they tally up the medals everyone looks like a winner. It's also saying that all three entries you vote for are as good as each other.

I can see the logic, but with many people voting a clear winner is easily voted though, where as the less clear choices are more well recognised. It merely raises the competition between the mid-field, as it where.

@BLiTZ you're not at risk of getting DQ'd for voicing your opinion, don't worry about that.

I totally see your point. What you suggest is harder to enforce and like @Nuschel01 says almost noone bothers to read the rules in these competitions, every round we see someone struggling to get their entries right. So having a more complex poll would confuse everyone, since they won't bother to get into it.

I think instead we'll go back to how it was and how it's easiest; one vote each.
I do like the idea you're proposing but I think it takes more time than it's worth. :)

@syntex123 said it was a test. If the results are not satisfying, we can go the one-vote poll route again.

@BLiTZ I agree with your stats but it will be very difficult to collect all the info. And we already struggled to chose one winner in previous polls, we’ll struggle even more choosing first AND second AND third !
And finally, if you see one clear winning entry for you, just add one vote. This way, the outsiders won’t be helped and you can still promote the « good » one only.

So many brilliant entries – so hard to pick!
But finally my three points from Germany go to Canada, Hong Kong and finally – the Netherlands!

All voted, not as tough as I thought actually, good to see my entry is currently in 2nd place :cheers:

Might not last though :nervous:

I'm surprised #17 isn't doing better. That livery(s) is badass, and I see some tricky techniques used.

Not to take away from the others, there are a lot of nice ones, I just really like the colors on 17. #1 in my book.

MMX
I'm surprised #17 isn't doing better. That livery(s) is badass, and I see some tricky techniques used.

Not to take away from the others, there are a lot of nice ones, I just really like the colors on 17. #1 in my book.

Agreed. #17 got one of my votes 👍

Same for me, #17 was my second pick. Really love the striking colors on it, they blend together really nice :)

Thank you guys, maybe I should remove the decals and enter the "art car" competition...:cheers:

I missed out on the 3 votes thing... But I would've used them had I noticed! We should try it next time too. Not kill it on the first try. It feels alot more rewarding this way.

BTW I agree about #17, pretty wild. Would've been in my top three. #7 would've been my other choice too. Love those colors and lines. But that Looney Tunes livery just jives with me! :D

About the 3 votes - let's say we keep one vote if there is less than 10 entries(or 15, as it seems this comp being really popular ^^).

Am not worried about ending up with stale mate as there are always more guys to vote than entries. And it always is rewarding if guys who do not expect to win get at least the one vote. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back