Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan

Time to get patriotic. Livery by fibroman77 and image by @MatskiMonk - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
What is the greatest thing about your country? Put it on the car. Let's see how many countries we can get represented! @MatskiMonk has set the theme National Pride. Let's hear what he has to say:

National pride... Design a livery that represents a nation! Firstly, this doesn't have to be your nationality... You can choose any, and it doesn't have to match the car either.

The design can be based around national colours, the flag of the country, maybe a national team, or even iconic military/airforce designs! Primary sponsors should be strongly linked to the country at hand, i.e. as a Brit, I might have British Airways as sponsor... a Russian livery might have Stolichnaya Vodka as a sponsor!

No direct replicas are allowed, but if there's strong influences of existing liveries, that'll be fine.

All cars are welcome.

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Original, no direct replicas although if a livery is influenced by something that already exists, it should be okay.
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Only as required by the rules
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As per the theme.
[/center]

Poll Option #1

View media item 44061
View media item 44062
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #2

20181005122101-jpg.770828

20181005122052-jpg.770829

20180929205256-jpg.769936
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #3

full

full

full

full
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #4

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #5

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #6

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #7

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #8

8574863592628716564_0-jpg.769999
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #9

e1-jpg.771142

e2-jpg.771143

20181002000331-jpg.770052
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #10

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #11

View media item 44157
View media item 44158
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #12

8430739614903337492_0-jpg.770173

8440309758205919764_0-jpg.770174

4621326618204340744_0-jpg.770172
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #13

full
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #14

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #15

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #16

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #17

20181004085048-jpg.770608

20181004085059-jpg.770609

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #18

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #19

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #20

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #21

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #22

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #23

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #24

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #25

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #26

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #27

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #28

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #29

2-jpg.771980

3-jpg.771981

1-jpg.771979
xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #30

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #31

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #32

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #33

xQzGp4p.gif

Poll Option #34

xQzGp4p.gif

You people like to make it hard for me to vote every time xD so many good works, and great to see various different countries represented. So here are my three votes:

#5: the Dutch lion is awesome, though it reminds me a bit too much of Max Verstappen :P

#16: this livery impressed me since the very first time I saw it. As an added bonus, the extra shot had me thinking it was a replica livery, and that the bonus shot was from the real thing. Such a great work;

#32: simply a great work. I like how Germany is represented by it, and I like the livery overall as is, it's definitely something I'd like to see racing during a GT event.

Good luck to everybody! :cheers:

Good work everyone, and thanks to everyone who entered for supporting the theme. 👍

Haven't decided which way my votes will be going yet.

For me it will be #5, #23 and #28.

@JKcreativeworks 911 is another piece of art, the lion is great and the overall design is well balanced.

@machine1121 Corvette is a very good livery too. The main shots don’t do justice for it but the bonus shot shows how nice it is.

And finally @Strax Fiat 500. What can I say ? It is so italian, I really like the split design, and the text which comes with it was a nice reading too :)

Corvette is a very good livery too. The main shots don’t do justice for it but the bonus shot shows how nice it is

Thanks for the vote. This was my first livery editor competition. I wasn't really happy how the photos turned out at White Sands, but I couldn't find the right Shiretoko scene. I've managed to find it now, and I'm much happier with my entry photos for the 1980s livery editor competition.

I voted for the #1, #5, and #27, but there were many other great liveries.

Hi folks, I am Fibroman77, so chuffed my work was used for the competition banner, please check out my galleries, and follow me for daily updates. I also own a Smartwatch Face design company called Smart Faces, i have a lot of unique Smartfaces liveried cars in my galleries which are available for download many featuring replica art of smart watch faces i have designed. Smartfaces is on G+, Facebook , Twitter, Pluspora, and of course GTSport, all my smartwatch designs can be downloaded via Google Play

Hi folks, I am Fibroman77, so chuffed my work was used for the competition banner,

Welcome to GTP. Glad you're okay with me using the livery! I had to do the banner in a bit of a rush so I just went into the discover section and picked one from there rather than creating one myself.

5, 8 and 30. Why 8 has so few votes is beyond me, its the best original livery i've seen yet.
It is indeed an amazing livery, but I can't understand at all which nation it is representing, which is the theme of this competition.

Welcome to GTP. Glad you're okay with me using the livery! I had to do the banner in a bit of a rush so I just went into the discover section and picked one from there rather than creating one myself.

Hi, Thankyou for choosing my design, I knew it had been used because i was checking google strings for a mate so i typed in my username to google and saw it then, so i only joined GTP yesterday, so was a bit gutted i missed the competition deadline but well chuffed my design was picked up, made me feel really good and i am looking forward to entering the next competition with some of my work.

More than a few really good Liveries that I feel were let down by the fact that they don't really fit the theme of the competition in my opinion.

At the same time, there were a lot of really good, thematic liveries that make me sad I only had three votes to give.

Congrats @JKcreativeworks !

On a different note, only 2 DQ's this round for image size and settings.

There was still a few hour’s worth of work to collate and format the entries due to the various ways people upload and format their posts. This is something I feel needs addressing going forwards and if I can figure a better way of doing things then I'll post my thoughts in the suggestions thread.

One thing that I might suggest is keeping the backstories and explanations in a separate post as having to go through each entry and delete all the random blurb is time consuming. I'm just as guilty of posting an essay with my entry and now feel sorry for the poll maker at the time!

There was still a few hour’s worth of work to collate and format the entries due to the various ways people upload and format their posts. This is something I feel needs addressing going forwards and if I can figure a better way of doing things then I'll post my thoughts in the suggestions thread.

One thing that I might suggest is keeping the backstories and explanations in a separate post as having to go through each entry and delete all the random blurb is time consuming. I'm just as guilty of posting an essay with my entry and now feel sorry for the poll maker at the time!

#imnewhere, can you give me some pointers please hoe to upload a competition picture entry from my gtplanet media libraries please as no one can see the pics but i can ?

#imnewhere, can you give me some pointers please hoe to upload a competition picture entry from my gtplanet media libraries please as no one can see the pics but i can ?
I'll be honest I haven't used that feature myself. I normally use either Flickr or Imgur to host the images and used their code to link.

Both sites offer the option to link a smaller thumbnail that links to the original 4k images.

I'm sure other members may be able to help with the media gallery option (if the images aren't showing it sounds more like a permissions issue than anything else).

That could be easily done in a not-so-elegant way: a double post. One for eventual explainations/backstory/whatever and the red final entry right after it. What do you think? Could it work?

That could be easily done in a not-so-elegant way: a double post. One for eventual explainations/backstory/whatever and the red final entry right after it. What do you think? Could it work?
It could, though it goes against the Forum's rules so might need Mod's approval.

It could, though it goes against the Forum's rules so might need Mod's approval.
Where are we going to find of them? Oh...

While a backstory or whatever is nice, and I've made a few of them with my entries, you could also argue that it's not needed at all as we don't (or shouldn't) mark the story.

Back