• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

POLL : REMINDER ON THE THEME

This week, you'll have to forgot the "Duplicate on reverse" function. Last winner @Noisy set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

I want to challenge our designers and take them out of their comfort zone.

Design a livery that is asymmetrical, that is different in design on one side compared to the other.

The design should be noticeably different on the drivers' and passengers' side of the car with a transition on the top of the car. Asymmetric designs are quite uncommon in racing and it would be great to see what people can come up with. Good luck!

CARS : No restrictions.
LIVERIES : Original creations only.
USER MADE DECALS : No restrictions.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS : No restrictions.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Livery must be noticeably different in design on drivers and passenger side of the car.
- No simple colour swaps between sides (so no red text on white background in one side and white text on red background on the other).
- No split designs i.e. 1999 BAR F1 influenced designs.
- Sponsor logos and number plates can be symmetric.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on December 18, 2018 (23:35, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a full week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

Poll Option #08
TFW609h.jpg

qARYovg.jpg

qC8dMJQ.jpg

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15
View media item 45981View media item 45980 _________________________________________

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Last edited:
Nice job as usual guys, too bad I really couldn't get anything out of my mind for this contest, as the theme was interesting. So, the votes:

- #26 Black Falcon AMG. Had there been a single vote competition, this would've had my vote without hesitation. Literally fell in love with it since the first moment, I don't remember if it was shared, but if not...pleeeeease? I have a double AMG Gr.3 that really wants it :P

- #2 Motul Lexus. Again, one that caught my eye since the first moments, and no matter how good the competition was, stayed in my sights for the whole time. Really liking it, nice job!

- #16 Shell Delta. Different from the rest, and Sunday Cup-themed, perfect combo. This one really had me mostly because of the difference from the usual pure racing liveries, and eventually decided to go for it.

As usual the level was very high, congratulations to everyone and good luck! :cheers:

- #26 Black Falcon AMG.I don't remember if it was shared, but if not...pleeeeease? I have a double AMG Gr.3 that really wants it :P

Thanks a lot ! It is shared here : Livery Link

Creating the poll helped me to clear my mind and I know who will get my votes but there's a lot to say about the other entries too. Will write it tomorrow with rested head ;)

Nice job as usual guys, too bad I really couldn't get anything out of my mind for this contest, as the theme was interesting. So, the votes:
- #2 Motul Lexus. Again, one that caught my eye since the first moments, and no matter how good the competition was, stayed in my sights for the whole time. Really liking it, nice job!

to be honest I pretty much disappointed for my work, I felt I can do better but I only done thing like that especially on shape. The more I seeing the more rough I can get see :drool:

Thanks for vote anyway

There is no real order in my 3 votes, I just went the chronological way.

My first vote is for @PrinsvOranje (#10). Very nice and colourful livery, and a nice showcase for the theme with very different but related sides.
My second vote goes to @Raphaele (#16) and his Shell Delta HF, the proof that a great idea outrights the complexity. It looks simple yet it is very clever.
My last vote is for @Higny (#24). The decals on it, the overall idea, the lines which spread for one side to the other, this really looks good.

Honorable mentions :

First of all, welcome for our three new contenders with their first but already great entries. @NBDESIGNZ (#6) made a colourful and detailed livery, @BKGlover (#7) had the guts to showcase a great design without any sponsors, and I wish that @Snaeper (#8) have stick to his first and bolder proposition. I hope you all will all come back for the next rounds !
@machine1121 (#11), @MatskiMonk (#21) and @MMX (#25) (that’s a lot of M…) all made very clean liveries with a nice use of simple lines.
Congrats to @McDotter (#14) and @JKcreativeworks (#17) for the work on their decals. I’ve found that painting the P1 GTR especially is not very easy, so hats off for that.
And finally @baldgye (#23), with a base idea which was awesome, but I eventually didn’t vote for it as, when looked from the sides as it will be seen on the track, the car is not so asymmetrical.

(Seeing all people I quoted above, I will end up having honorable mentions for everyone… which would be deserved as the level is getting higher and higher !)

Last edited:
I did think about going back to Yellow, with the touch ups I did to the overall scheme. But I felt that the odds were against me regardless.

Thanks for the mention.

1) #26 @Cytoria Black Falcon AMG, It’s just a stunning looking car whit a nice shading and a color change. Just curious how you made it with the decals post-its. Nice tough

2) #17 @JKcreativeworks like what you did with the P1 it gave me inspiration to create similar transparent decals which I would like to use on cars in the near future. The lines are really need and tidy with a lot of small details.

3) #24 @Higny just an awesome livery with the comic theme, maybe a theme which we should do soon because this gives me a lot of inspiration. Curious where I could get this livery

Honorable mentions
#20 @ZappaD nice how you integrated the color change without making it to in your face.
#23 @baldgye, what a beautiful livery really nice how you integrated the world on top of the car. I found this car difficult to add so cudo’s for that.

Last edited:
I went with 4, 11 and 26.

I liked the idea of both 23 and 24, but I prefered the execution of those I voted for.

21 looks like a half arsed effort from somebody who just wanted to use some decals they made last year but hadn't used yet.

You’re tough with the poor guy. To me it more looks like a nice come back of a man whose favourite car is finally allowed in the rules. ;)
I agree with @Cytoria that you're being a bit too harsh on the guy...he's also won some LECs, he's got talent! ;)

This isn’t me being bitter for getting no votes (my livery was super rushed), but given the rules I’m super disappointed in the general lack of creativity.
There was a lot of scope for something different almost akin to the art-car competition or the Sunday Cup competition... just watched the ePrix and the BMW Formula E car is a good example of how good a livery thay would fit these rules can look.

No aimed at anyone, just some thoughts

This isn’t me being bitter for getting no votes (my livery was super rushed), but given the rules I’m super disappointed in the general lack of creativity.
There was a lot of scope for something different almost akin to the art-car competition or the Sunday Cup competition...

Funnily enough one of the reasons I wanted to vote for your car is because I love the idea of map themed art cars. It's a shame it was rushed.

My first entry was just going to be a simple art car that I've had on the go for ages, but to be honest, I didn't feel it was in the spirit of the theme and wouldn't have had finished in time.

Given the rules I’m super disappointed in the general lack of creativity.
Asymmetrical designs can lead to more fun creations, I agree. But I also think that Noisy’s quite restrictive rules and his absence during this competition have restrained people of going too crazy or spend too much time on a livery that would be invalid.

Working on LEC 20, but this came back to mind,
@BKGlover (#7) had the guts to showcase a great design without any sponsors,
That's got me to the point I have to ask this. Is there some stigma with sponsorless liveries? I'm not asking to get anything, I'm gobsmacked that so many people liked it at all, but curiosity has gripped my mind and I'd like to know.

That's got me to the point I have to ask this. Is there some stigma with sponsorless liveries? I'm not asking to get anything, I'm gobsmacked that so many people liked it at all, but curiosity has gripped my mind and I'd like to know.
LEC 20 has actually had me thinking about this as well.

The idea of the sponsor on a livery has become so ingrained with racing cars that a car like the Mustang GR.3 looks naked to me without number plates and sponsors. Not since the mid '60's have racing cars simply worn the colors that the teams wanted to paint them with, although the national color schemes dictated things before the age of the sponsor somewhat.

I had the idea of doing a period-correct Jaguar E-Type for LEC 20, but looking up historical pictures of racing E-types shows that they wore few, if any, sponsors. By the late '60's, however, it looks like sponsorship became much more of a driving force, and even those cars that still bore the vestiges of early '60's livery style at least had minor sponsor logos adorning the sides of the car.

Modern racing cars are all about being moving billboards though, and the challenge (to me) is to cover the car in sponsors without making it look like it's covered in sponsors.

Would be nice to see a sponsorless challenge. A proper livery without the sponsors would be interesting

Back