• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you’ll have to imagine the future of the ultimate motorsports class. Last winner @RealJaySee set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

It's 2025 and new rules have been implemented in Formula1. All teams will drive a spec chassis, designed by Red Bull.

Make a livery for one of the Red Bull cars, based on an existing racing team. Don't copy an existing livery, just make a realistic design for a specific team in 2025. The team you base your livery on doesn't have to be a F1 team. It could be based on any team in motorsport. We're six years from now, so maybe Toyota Gazoo Racing decides to enter F1 ? Racing teams from the past are welcome too, imagine how cool a Jordan would look in 2025...

Sponsors will change as well, so you are free to take any sponsors you like but please keep it realistic. Don't make a Ferrari with Petronas decals or a Mercedes with "Mission Winnow" decals. Since Pirelli's contract with F1 expires in 2023, you are free to take any tire manufacturer.

Don't go too crazy with color changes, a Ferrari will always be red, a Mercedes will always be silver, although I'd believe it if you made a black Mercedes...

CARS :
- Red Bull X2014 Standard
- Red Bull X2019 Competition

LIVERIES
:
- Originals designs based on existing teams, no replica's.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS
:
- Realistic design and sponsors.
- Cars must have at least one decal from the tire, engine and fuel manufacturer.
- Racing number on the nose and on the side of the car.
- No tobacco sponsors.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- One pic of the car in action.
- One pic from the 2025 team presentation event.

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on September 13, 2019 (00:00, CEST/GMT+2)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a small week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01
ARTA Honda F1 Team

View media item 53190View media item 53191 _____________________________________

Poll Option #02
Italya/Gozzy Porsche 2025

sle372.jpg

sle371.jpg

Poll Option #03
ROKIT WILLIAMS-HONDA RACING

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

adam3.jpg

adam4.jpg

Poll Option #04
Hyundai N F1 Team

Poll Option #05
Haas Chevrolet F1 Team

Poll Option #06
NISMO 2025

View media item 53271View media item 53272 _____________________________________

Poll Option #07
Jordan Mercedes-Benz

Poll Option #08
Lotus-Renault "Exode" F1

Poll Option #09
Lynk&Co Cyan Racing Team

Poll Option #10
Martini Porsche F1 Racing

Poll Option #11
Audi R8X e-tron

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14
RacingTeamNederland Lotus

Poll Option #15
Brabham-Alfa Romeo

Poll Option #16
Sauber-Alfa Romeo

fullgrid.png

All the links are now added (with the type X2014 or X2019 displayed so you can check if you have the car or no).

Versions with a dark background instead of white are also available on my dedicated flickr album.

#01 ARTA Honda F1 Team

Driver : @Noisy
Red Bull X2019 Competition livery

#02 Italya/Gozzy Porsche 2025

Driver : @Slender_Man
Red Bull X2014 Standard livery

#03 ROKIT WILLIAMS-HONDA RACING

Driver : @Adam Barber

#04 Hyundai N F1 Team

Driver : @MMX

#05 Haas Chevrolet F1 Team

Driver : @ro_har_

#06 NISMO 2025

Driver : @teensonacid

#07 Jordan Mercedes-Benz

Driver : @D-Max

#08 Lotus-Renault "Exode" F1

Driver : @Cytoria

#09 Lynk&Co Cyan Racing Team

Driver : @Lost Sheltie

#10 Martini Porsche F1 Racing

Driver : @KK78

#11 Audi R8X e-tron

Driver : @baldgye

#12 Tyrell-Renault

Driver : @CorvairGuy69

#13 Zora Corvette Racing

Driver : @twiget56

#14 RacingTeamNederland Lotus

Driver : @YukinoSuzuka

#15 Brabham-Alfa Romeo

Driver : @Raphaele

#16 Sauber-Alfa Romeo

Driver : @Higny

Last edited:
I voted 3, 8 and 16.

3 might not be te most spectacular livery, but it looks extremely clean and very realistic. I would love to see that happen irl. I think it's a little bit underrated because it has no spectacular or complicated design.

Don't think I got to explain why I voted for 8... :lol:

And 16 is just a beautiful Alfa Romeo livery. Very clean an realistic as well, love the red/white/black color combo.

Great job to everyone else, just like other contests, I wished we could vote for more than 3 liveries. Didn't ask for it, but I loved to read all the little background stories .

Also thanks to @Cytoria to add the official F1 logo's and the full grid etc. :cheers:

6, 8 and 11 for me, 6 is clean, striking and balanced, 8 because it is both complex, realistic and cohesive and 11 because I like it's technical use of shapes and colour and it dares to mix up old and new Audi Sport themes.

Notable mentions to 15 and 16 which certainly caught the eye too!

Great effort by everyone :cheers:

Thanks everyone for your votes. I knew the car was nice, but with the others entries I didn’t expect a win, let alone with this score! The Lotus got the exact same points as RealJaySee’s BMW from the last round.

Congratulations to the podium makers @baldgye and @Higny ! And thanks @RealJaySee for the great theme.

Also, this was a full filled week with back-to-back wins in both the Photomode Competition and this one!

I’ve edited the winners post and also added all the links in the « Full Grid » message.

My personal thoughts

As I’ve downloaded and shot all the entries, I can say that the level was very high. I’m also very surprised that only a few liveries were based on current F1 teams.

I will go through the whole list and here are my highlights for each one.

#01 / @Noisy : Although not based on the same year, an ARTA livery was one of my first ideas, so I really liked this version. The flashy orange-red was spot on.

#02 / @Slender_Man : The original livery and colours are not well known, but this works well with the body of the X2014. And those who have crafted a car for this theme know how hard the « simple » black line on the edge of the body must have been.

#03 / @Adam Barber : Very sleek livery on the deep blue colour, although the original pictures in White Sands 09 don’t do it justice.

#04 / @MMX : Smooth adaptation of the Hyundai N colours, very modern.

#05 & #06 / @ro_har_ & @teensonacid : I group them because both used a smart bi-colour livery. Very clean, and especially the minimalistic approach of the Nismo.

#07 / @D-Max : Just like the two above, this is another proof that complexity is not necessary to a great design. And you can identify it as a Jordan at first sight.

#09 / @Lost Sheltie : My first vote, and to me, the most underrated car of the round. The pictures shows a simple blue car, but with appropriate settings it shines differently with the contrast of metallic and matte blues...

Original post :
Upgraded settings :

#10 / @KK78 : This might appears classic, but the use of the stripes on this car must have been a pain, and the silver base is maintained, which adds to the difficulty.

#11 / @baldgye : My second vote. A nice mix of Audi designs and colours, credible enough of the 2025 era. Once again, the lines and the use of silver as a base are complicated by the akwarkd body of the X2019. And I really like the yellow DHL parts, they add some « pop » touches on the livery.

#12 / @CorvairGuy69 : Like #03, a very sleek and elegant livery.

#13 / @twiget56 : I know you can’t vote for everyone, but I’m disappointed to see this getting not votes. The top view really show the design clue of the livery with the Corvette « skull » creating the spilt livery.

#14 / @YukinoSuzuka : My third vote. The contrast between the gold base and the matte black is well made, and the triangle transparent shapes add texture to the livery.

#15 / @Raphaele : I could say the same as #10, but I’ll add that this used probably the best bonus shot of the round.

#16 / @Higny : The third place of the poll doesn’t lie. This was a very well executed livery with thin details on the lines. I’m also a big fan of the contrasted wheels.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your votes. I knew the car was nice, but with the others entries I didn’t expect a win, let alone with this score! The Lotus got the exact same points as RealJaySee’s BMW from the last round.

Congratulations to the podium makers @baldgye and @Higny ! And thanks @RealJaySee for the great theme.

Also, this was a full filled week with back-to-back wins in both the Photomode Competition and this one!

I’ve edited the winners post and also added all the links in the « Full Grid » message.

My personal thoughts

As I’ve downloaded and shot all the entries, I can say that the level was very high. I’m also very surprised that only a few liveries were based on current F1 teams.

I will go through the whole list and here are my highlights for each one.

#01 / @Noisy : Although not based on the same year, an ARTA livery was one of my first ideas, so I really liked this version. The flashy orange-red was spot on.

#02 / @Slender_Man : The original livery and colours are not well known, but this works well with the body of the X2014. And those who have crafted a car for this theme know how hard the « simple » black line on the edge of the body must have been.

#03 / @Adam Barber : Very sleek livery on the deep blue colour, although the original pictures in White Sands 09 don’t do it justice.

#04 / @MMX : Smooth adaptation of the Hyundai N colours, very modern.

#05 & #06 / @ro_har_ & @teensonacid : I group them because both used a smart bi-colour livery. Very clean, and especially the minimalistic approach of the Nismo.

#07 / @D-Max : Just like the two above, this is another proof that complexity is not necessary to a great design. And you can identify it as a Jordan at first sight.

#09 / @Lost Sheltie : My first vote, and to me, the most underrated car of the round. The pictures shows a simple blue car, but with appropriate settings it shines differently with the contrast of metallic and matte blues...

Original post :
Upgraded settings :

#10 / @KK78 : This might appears classic, but the use of the stripes on this car must have been a pain, and the silver base is maintained, which adds to the difficulty.

#11 / @baldgye : My second vote. A nice mix of Audi designs and colours, credible enough of the 2025 era. Once again, the lines and the use of silver as a base are complicated by the akwarkd body of the X2019. And I really like the yellow DHL parts, they add some « pop » touches on the livery.

#12 / @CorvairGuy69 : Like #03, a very sleek and elegant livery.

#13 / @twiget56 : I know you can’t vote for everyone, but I’m disappointed to see this getting not votes. The top view really show the design clue of the livery with the Corvette « skull » creating the spilt livery.

#14 / @YukinoSuzuka : My third vote. The contrast between the gold base and the matte black is well made, and the triangle transparent shapes add texture to the livery.

#15 / @Raphaele : I could say the same as #10, but I’ll add that this used probably the best bonus shot of the round.

#16 / @Higny : The third place of the poll doesn’t lie. This was a very well executed livery with thin details on the lines. I’m also a big fan of the contrasted wheels.

Thanks for reading!

@Cytoria
Thanks for hosting this thread all the time perfectly and especially for your fine and detailed review!
My bonus shot isn't a result by default. I started in 2011 entering the GT5 photomode competitions with really miserable results. Eight years later I agree with famous professional photographer Helmut Newton: »The first 10.000 shots were my worst.« So I must admit that GT Photomode made me a photographer. When taking photographs in real life I benefit from the basics I learned in virtual photomode of PS3/PS4/GT5/GT6/GTS. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who voted for my entry! I really didn't think I stood much of a chance as there where so many really great liveries!

Really happy to have made second place against this level of competition and second to @Cytoria is basically a win for me, thanks again those that voted and to @RealJaySee for the great idea for this round!

:gtpflag:
You're welcome I guess :sly: . It was a stunning design well worthy of a place on that step of the podium. Although in the interest of full disclosure it was my 3rd choice :embarrassed:.

Admittedly, I have a slight Honda bias and when @Noisy posted that ARTA livery it set a pretty high benchmark. I think still it's up there. Also @Higny's Alfa got a vote from me and takes a nicely won podium place 👍. I know how much of a pain those cars are to get the fine lines where you want, you did and made a believable elegant livery. Always a win in my book, but there can only be one I suppose :rolleyes: :lol:.

@Cytoria, congratulations for your win(s) :cheers:. That was a stunning design 👍.
I have to say that and @D-Max's Jordan both made my think long and hard about my votes and both look as if they truly belong, and deserve to be seen on the race track.

One other thing, If the 2025 grid looks this good, I'll be very surprised. Awesome work everyone :bowdown::gtpflag:.

Back