POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 55 (Icons Revisited) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 56 comments

Icons [Revisited]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final results after the point corrections:

Entry #12 (@daan) wins this round with 14 points. Congratulations!

Second place on the podium is shared by entries #28 (@tankuroded) and #35 (@ultimate7) with 12 points.

Third step with 11 points : #03 (@Slender_Man), #06 (@Panoz), and #17 (@syntex123).

I’ll add the full list tomorrow, and also a review of my votes and thoughts about the entries (not all will be covered, obviously!)

Wooh, someone actually liked my Bimmer enough to grant me a shared spot on the podium. Thanks for everyone who voted, and congratulations to @daan with the victory! The livery looked so natural on the Honda, it almost looked real!

You made the Ford livery look like it was made for the NSX. Congrats
I think the NSX did that! Nothing looks like the GT, but the way the NSX does the radiator intake and C pillar is about as similar as you can get but I really liked the way the blue line looked like it was continuous from the door, under the C pillar and onto the back.

upload_2020-6-5_9-32-28.png

Winners’ post is updated!

Fun facts:

- Outside of the 2020 GTPlanet special event (with a lot more coverage), this is the most popular LEC ever with 46 entries.
- The number of voters is also high with 66 voters, something we didn't see since the LEC #14 (where we had a front page article announcing the poll)

- This is the second victory for @daan (and his second place on the Hall of Fame too: @daan is first or nothing!)
- Three of the podium places are held by newcomers to the Hall of Fame (@tankuroded , @ultimate7 and @Panoz ). @Panoz at his tenth attempt on a LEC, @tankuroded at his second and @ultimate7 at his first.
- After a long hiatus, @syntex123 comes back and scores his second podium.
- @Slender_Man scores his eight podium
- For just one vote, @wowbaggerBR could have made a third third place in a row (and a third with a 911RSR)

- Honda scores its fourth victory (and tenth podium)
- Porsche continues to dominate the Hall of Fame (23 entries, the second are BWM and Nissan with 12 entries)

- Due to the very close battle for the points, this is not a very rewarding LEC. The winner gets "only" 212 points, while @daan 's 6th place in the previous round gave him 225 points. Note that this score would have been the same with 3 votes instead of 5, the extra number of votes only allows for more points to distribute, not less.

My own feedback:

It was nice to see iconic liveries back and remixed this way. Some were almost perfect replicas, while others were more free interpretations.

I voted for @daan "Ford" NSX because while it was not the most complicated livery, it was very clean and one of the most clever, using the particular shape of the NSX to mimic the even more particular C-pillar of the GT.

I also went for @Nuschel01 250GT. Despite being horrific for a Ferrari lawyer, I thought it was a nice mix of classic elements and modern touches.

My third choice was for @tankuroded Supra. Like he said himself, it was very meta to have Kazunori's own car recreated for the newest partner manufacturer.

Fourth vote was for @GTRacer22 Wynns Corvette. It works very well and it could have been used in Le Mans last year instead of the GT!

Finally my last vote went to @Sian Peugeot RCZ BTCC, because it was one of my ideas this theme and one of my favourite Renault liveries

Honourable mentions for @GTAndy36 , @autonomous , @Higny , @VulcanSpirit , @YukinoSuzuka , @hairless_ape , @Baliwa , @silverman_GT and @TheFlash05 for creating great designs I've unfortunately had to put away.

And a special note for @Panoz : this one was probably one of the top 3 best looking liveries of this contest, but I didn't vote for it because it was too modernized given the icon you were referring to.

Thanks again for your participation!

Note: if someone wants feedback about a specific entry, I’ll happily give it, here or in MP.

Last edited:
Winners’ post is updated!
- For just one vote, @wowbaggerBR could have made a third third place in a row (and a third with a 911RSR).

I'd be amazed if I did three podiums in a row, specially on such a high profile competiton. I mean, we had some really astonishing designs this time around and I feel a great number of them - even some less voted ones - could have easily won, provided the field was a bit thinner. That just underscores the "go hard go home" @daan triumph: he had it tough on this one, as indeed all the guys on podium.

Having 10 votes on this round feels as good as a podium. Thanks to everyone who liked my entry!

Back