Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
TOURING CAR REVIVAL
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Touring Cars. For many the pinnacle of racing and even today still always a safe bet for great action on and off the track. For this month's competition you're asked to revive your favourite touring car livery on a Gr.4 car, be it DTM, BTCC, JGTC, V8 Supercars, WTCC, or anything else. Let's hear what GTS' final LEC winner @Racerx_34 has to say about it:

"Most of us have grown up on Motor Sport. I grew up on loud 90's racing. My theme is to recreate those bright/bold schemes of the 90's/00's Touring Car era. The inspiration can come from Touring Car or DTM designs, but they must be on a TC or Gr4 car. This is not the round for Gr3 cars. Number plates can be exact replicas or Sport Mode plates. Design can be an exact replica or a modern interpretation"

CARS:
  • Gr.4 Cars
  • Honda Civic TC and Eunos Roadster TC
  • Subaru WRX STI TT

LIVERIES:
  • Replica or modernisation of a touring car livery

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • Racetrack or pit area photos
  • Not mandatory, but ideally a photo alongside the original livery

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on August 8th, 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - PS4 Base
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS4 Base
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 -
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS4 Base
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS5 Framerate

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS5 Raytracing
Entry did not meet...
...image posting rules.

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - PS4 Slim
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29 - PS5 Ractracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #30 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #31 - Playstation
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #32 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #33 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #34 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #35 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #36 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #37 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Voted for 7, 9 and 34. Fantastic work.
What I also noticed is some pics being very bright.. Did we have rules for that as well?
How you could get down to just 3….. I’m completely stumped. Sooo many great entries.

Imagine a race with all of these liveries applied. Wow.

The instructions said that the ev could be set from 0 to 1.0 from memory.

I know I went with 0.8

An amazing round of entries! Slightly regretting my choice to go off on a tangent and submit a grunged modernised replica, but we'll see how it fares!

I decided to go for #24, #35 and #36. I love the way #24 captures the retro madness of the BTCC when they were trying hard to stand out, even when their cars weren't competitive! #35 is an ideal modernisation of a true classic livery, and adding the modern variant of the product is a clever way to invigorate the brand's advertising - Tic Tac should be in touch shortly! #36 is just such a bold statement - those colours and the intense colour break work so well on that body shape - nicely done!

How you could get down to just 3….. I’m completely stumped. Sooo many great entries.

Imagine a race with all of these liveries applied. Wow.

The instructions said that the ev could be set from 0 to 1.0 from memory.

I know I went with 0.8
o hes talking about that the red gt86 has a filter on the car only OR it has fluorescent color but I thing I see the windows are brighter aswell so.
I told the guy but he just laughed when I asked I thought filitering or editing wasnt allowed

All the M4s are so good.💪 And #23 Jagermeister design is so cool 💯

Last edited by a moderator:
#2, #17 & #29 for me.

Very hard choice once again but I found these ones eye-catching and perfectly executed so I decided to stop thinking and go this way.

Congrats everyone and thanks to @Raphaele and @Racerx_34, being chosen by the one who set the theme means a lot to me!
20, 23 & 34 were also very close to getting my vote.

It could very well have been an all BMW podium but I decided to only have one BMW selected,
which made things quite difficult.

The detail on 34 was exquisite, and I suppose the only reason it's not on the podium for me
is that I had two BMW entries with E30s in the bonus pics that I would lock in.

The B&H entry with its Jordan-esque vibe and added E30 was on it on my first view.
I really liked the updated BMW's so yours had that and the E30.
I had said to myself that if there were BMWs with the E30 in the bonus pic I'd vote for them
so only voting for one BMW unfortunately killed that off but it was exactly what I was looking for.

The yellow and blue Lamborghini with the wrap over colour changer was almost like it was made for me.

The Volvo 155 was such a great surprise. I love both the original 850 livery and the Alfa 155.
That it worked so well was an added bonus. Probably my favourite entry.

@Nuschel01 asked if I'd give an opinion on the entries.
A small paragraph. But with 37 entries I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest.
I'd hate for someone to feel I was overly critical or missed theirs.
I'm delighted this did so well. Thank you to everyone who gave their time and effort to enter this LEC.
It looks amazing seeing all those colourful entries.

Last edited:
I'd hate for someone to feel I was overly critical or missed theirs.

james may table flip GIF

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Nah, just joking...
I knew I was going to be missing the traditional version of my livery when I chose to do it. It would have been a question of drawing an entire second set of decals to fit the E30 and even then the E30 Original BMW Parts liveries were a bit different. I'd have need the old E24 6 series in the game to do it properly.

james may table flip GIF

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Nah, just joking...
I knew I was going to be missing the traditional version of my livery when I chose to do it. It would have been a question of drawing an entire second set of decals to fit the E30 and even then the E30 Original BMW Parts liveries were a bit different. I'd have need the old E24 6 series in the game to do it properly.
Jokes on me, you’re winning by a mile. Deservedly. I wonder how many people voted all BMW podiums because it would easily done with the quality

Last edited:
I went for 2, 4, 14.
#2 - Feels at home on that car.
#4 - Because Raybrig on an NSX goes as well as butter on bread.
#14 - Because I'm pretty sure I had a toy car with that livery on, Calibra touring car? Which is also a great car in its own right not to mention the 'sleek' look of the Calibra back in the day, rocking on public roads with 200hp turbo engines and 4wd! So more of a nostalgia vote but it certainly sparked some memories!

20, 23 & 34 were also very close to getting my vote.
I had said to myself that if there were BMWs with the E30 in the bonus pic I'd vote for them
so only voting for one BMW unfortunately killed that off but it was exactly what I was looking for.
Ah man, and I was going to go the original as part of the bonus pics too.... doh!

This is overall a fantastic collection of liveries. For me, I chose #2, #8, #36. #2 imo is just a very clean and aesthetically appealing design that looks especially great on that R32. #36 is another clean design and I particularly like the rain detail on the livery. And while #8 genuinely looks great on the SLS, this is my shameless nostalgia pick lol. #34 is an honorable mention.

Less than 24 hours to go folks, get your votes in now or change them out in case you're not happy with the current podium :lol:

:gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back