POLL: The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #05 (Touring Car Revival) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 53 comments

Touring Car Revival

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just feel a little bad for 19, 27 and 30 as they all would've deserved votes as well, so whoever entered them, don't let it get to you too much. :scared: :cheers:

I'd love to see more people give feedback on why they voted for entry x or didn't vote for entry y. Criticism can be harsh but it should always have the aim of improving things and help people at making better liveries :)

I just feel a little bad for 19, 27 and 30 as they all would've deserved votes as well, so whoever entered them, don't let it get to you too much. :scared: :cheers:

I'd love to see more people give feedback on why they voted for entry x or didn't vote for entry y. Criticism can be harsh but it should always have the aim of improving things and help people at making better liveries :)
It was almost impossible to pick the votes this time, all of those are liveries I would bring to a race with joy.

Congrats to the podium winners, this was an awesome collection!

Thought I'd give a run down of all the entries. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have a comment about yours (don't want to clog up the thread with replies).

#1 TT Livery was done well, I’m just not a big fan of the Red Bull look. A little bit of black level adjustment would greatly help the first bonus pic.

#2 S15 I like this one a lot. Nice and clean, the decals over the chrome paint really plays well with the black and red. Great bonus pics as well!

#3 Megane Not a huge fan of matte. Like the side mirrors. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#4 NSX This is a solid livery. Lots of cool little things hidden that could have popped a bit more. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#5 155 Sticker quality look! I really like this one, but the Alfa’s had a lot of competition this round. Really like the first Bonus pic.

#6 BMW Just doesn’t do it for me. Met the challenge and was well executed, I’m simply not a fan of the original.

#7 BMW Really nice, almost made my top 3. Perfect colors, everything clicks. Too many BMW’s.

#8 AMG Appreciate the time that went into this one! But like #6, I just don’t care of the original subject matter. Great pics!

#9 Subaru Was mine, so I’ll just say… I’m happy with it.

#10 TT Rendered well enough, but doesn’t stand out in the field. Bonus pics are well done!

#11 AMG I usually can’t get passed color matched wheels. Something about them… not for me. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#12 Civic Nicely executed. It has a relatively simple look to it, though I’m sure it took some time. Leaving opportunities on the floor by not using both bonus pics.

#13 Toyota Like the color palette – except for the color matched wheels. Don’t understand backwards text, I know it was on the original but that would have ruled it out for me. Good bonus pics.

#14 Lexus Another sticker quality livery. Really clean, colors pop hard! Would like to have seen a different view of car in the bonus pics

#15 tsk tsk, take advantage of the excellent tutorials provided.

#16 Toyota Nice design work, pictures ruined it for me. Need to drop the exposure down, just too washed out to show off the livery. Only 1 bonus pic?

#17 155 Yep, this is cool (got my #1 vote). I love the 155, and I love the 850’s. Great idea mating the livery to the car. BONUS PICS… please, I really wanted to see more of it!

#18 Civic Bit on the simple side, but done well. Great pics, especially the bonus shots!

#19 Mustang Cool retro look. Colors are good, but the wheels are a bit distracting (problem when you can’t edit out the glare) – maybe a little more matte silver?

#20 BMW Cool livery, even if smoking isn’t ;). Clean and tight, sticker quality. Bonus pics are some of the best in the poll.

#21 Mustang Nice transition for the color change. If you’ve read the above then you’ll know I don’t like color matched wheels. 2nd Bonus pic is solid, but I’d like to see it zoomed into the car a bit more.

#22 Mazda Another one I voted for. This is a really sharp livery, everything perfectly placed. Leaving opportunities on the floor by not using both bonus pics.

#23 BMW I’m a Jager purist, what can I say. A little too matte for me as well, but really well done and I’m surprised it didn’t get more votes. Great bonus shots!

#24 Mazda Well executed, but not a fan of the original. Not sure what exactly it is, but I just can’t get past the colors. At least you used both bonus pics – thought the second is a pretty washed out.

#25 155 Another classic livery, but in this field of Alfa’s it didn’t stand out for me. Bonus pics make me glad I’m not driving behind you ;).

#26 155 Sticker quality look, but the matte black wheels are a pass in my book. 1st bonus pic is quite lovely.

#27 Mazda A little too simple for my tastes, though the drips are really well done on the roof. Nice bonus pics as well.

#28 Megane Clean design, but the Megane is hard make decals look right due to the cut outs and wide angular fenders. Nice pics, they show off the car well!

#29 155 Another of my votes, this is a great design. Fits the 155 so well, and looks completely factory. Bonus pics look incredible, one of the best in the poll.

#30 GTR I know lots of people love the anime and cartoon graphics on their cars, but hard pass for me. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#31 AMG Cool idea, but falls a little flat (black wheels not helping). No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#32 S15 Makes me think of laundry detergent. Pastels and race cars… nah – plus hard to make them look good with the no filter limitations.

#33 Vette This is a nice looking livery, I’d run it proudly on my Vette. Just missed my top 3. 1st bonus pic is sweet.

#34 BMW Really, really nice. By the time I voted it seemed pretty clear that this was going to win so I decided to skip it to show the others some love (glad I didn’t cost you the win – 2nd place caught up). Fantastic execution, I know a lot of work went into it. Love the 2nd bonus pic!

#35 BMW Fellow Tic Tac entry, this is a solid entry as well. The highlights in the tic tacs edges you out over mine – though I believe I stayed a little truer to the original.

#36 Lambo Love me some RainX, not so much on their color choices. A very well done livery though. The water droplets are awesome!

#37 BMW This one pops! Love the details in the stripes. Overall a clean, tight design. Bonus pics are great too!

Last edited:
I see now, that i only added 1 bonus pic, i dunno why, because i took two.
I think i followed the instructions on what settings to use.

Congratulations to @MatskiMonk, @JarredJackson, @krisduv and @996rick :cheers:

Thanks for participating, everyone! The leaderboard will be updated soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to submit theme ideas for the next competition starting next week:
The new theme will be drawn at a later point this week, so don't dawdle :D

p78
Curious to see what rabbit will be pulled out of the hat this time :lol:.
I'm going to spam the suggestions form with 50 Art Car themes before the draw...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Great job everyone! and thank you for the votes, it was a fun poll.
(although I don't think I should be on the podium, there's one mysterious change of vote that happened in the last minute...)

Well done to the podium-placing entrants! Some epic work all round (not just on the podium either!!) and awesome to see such a huge range of styles and cars entered into this one.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

EDIT: Threw in a few theme suggestions. None of them involve BMW art cars, sorry @MatskiMonk !

Last edited:
although I don't think I should be on the podium, there's one mysterious change of vote that happened in the last minute...
No idea what you're talking about here :scared: In the last 10 minutes of the poll no votes changed :lol: ;)

Threw in a few theme suggestions.
Added to the randomizer already :D

Thanks for your suggestions too, @Hayden. Funnily the "Something's Wrong" theme is almost exactly the same as the first ever suggestion made by @MidnightRun85, so I've just thrown them together :D

No idea what you're talking about here :scared: In the last 10 minutes of the poll no votes changed :lol: ;)

Thanks for your suggestions too, @Hayden. Funnily the "Something's Wrong" theme is almost exactly the same as the first ever suggestion made by @MidnightRun85, so I've just thrown them together :D
Out of interest, how many suggestions are currently in the randomizer??

I put in another for good measure and I might add more yet. I never managed to win a GTS comp so there’s a few ideas I’ve had for a while 😂

56 themes currently. 22 of them are suggestions, 25 are from GTS LECs and the rest are mine :lol:
When 3 themes are presented to the previous winner to make their selection, are the two non-selected themes dropped back into the selection pool or discarded into the lost-and-found bin?

I put in another for good measure and I might add more yet. I never managed to win a GTS comp so there’s a few ideas I’ve had for a while 😂
Spam the form as much as you want :lol: The more themes the better.

When 3 themes are presented to the previous winner to make their selection, are the two non-selected themes dropped back into the selection pool or discarded into the lost-and-found bin?
Only selected themes are out. They stay in the randomizer for GT8 tho, but won't show up in the draw again until they're marked as "not-yet-done" again :lol:

P3! Thanks for the votes everyone :) – glad to share it with Nuschel01 & krisduv too, seems right based on how the voting went.

full

#36 Lambo Love me some RainX, not so much on their color choices. A very well done livery though. The water droplets are awesome!
I'm with ya actually :) — i was torn between something more modern/clean vs staying more realistic and inline with current packaging. Their current packaging is typical retail 'meh' so figured that'd be a fun challenge: https://www.rainx.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/subCat-2in1.png

#21 Mustang Nice transition for the color change. If you’ve read the above then you’ll know I don’t like color matched wheels. 2nd Bonus pic is solid, but I’d like to see it zoomed into the car a bit more.
Thanks for the feedback. I am also not a fan of colour matched wheels, but the original livery had red wheels, so I went with it.
This was my first livery submitted for judging so I am very happy to receive the votes I got. Very new to taking phots too..... I think I should have had a tighter shot on the stripes to show the breaks and fades that were used as they arent visible at all in any of the supplied pics.
Plenty to think about for future entries. Thanks.

Back