POLL: The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #06 (Stepping Up!) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 47 comments

Stepping Up!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoyed doing a breakdown of the last comp, and it seemed well received so I figured I’d make it a regular thing. Please understand that regardless of my feelings about a livery, that I honestly appreciate every single entry and the time and effort that everyone puts into it - and know that any criticism is given with the utmost respect to the creator. At the end of the day, we all have different tastes. I base my votes entirely on whether or not I’d want to put it on my car and race it. Just because a livery is simple doesn’t rule it out, nor does an incredibly complicated livery start at the top. Going to use a spoiler so it doesn’t take up so much room.

Cheers,
-ZiggedZag

On a side note, I'm extremely honored to have received so many votes this round. Thanks everybody!

#28 Lambo Clean livery, nice grey/white fade and color use. Only change I’d make is the mirrors in K2 matte. Bonus shots look good.
Thanks for the comments and tips.

I enjoyed doing a breakdown of the last comp, and it seemed well received so I figured I’d make it a regular thing. Please understand that regardless of my feelings about a livery, that I honestly appreciate every single entry and the time and effort that everyone puts into it - and know that any criticism is given with the utmost respect to the creator. At the end of the day, we all have different tastes. I base my votes entirely on whether or not I’d want to put it on my car and race it. Just because a livery is simple doesn’t rule it out, nor does an incredibly complicated livery start at the top. Going to use a spoiler so it doesn’t take up so much room.

Cheers,
-ZiggedZag

On a side note, I'm extremely honored to have received so many votes this round. Thanks everybody!

#1 86 Can’t tell if you are using Matte or Powder, but I’d recommend Semi Gloss. Anything more matte than that and it just makes them look flat and unalive – just my opinion. Your bonus shots look great.

#2 HF This is mine, so I’ll just say I’m happy with it.

#3 350Z Well executed livery, but the colors aren’t done any favors by this location. Just no pop. I also don’t understand vegemite’s appeal ;).

#4 911 Nicely done, clean and uncluttered, but I prefer my wheels in a shade of silver. 2nd bonus shot is sweet.

#5 AMG Had to look up the brand, but yeah, interesting livery for a bread company. If the wheels are gonna be black, then you need that touch of silver!

#6 911 Slot track trim is a nice touch. Just doesn’t stand out in this crowd. 2nd bonus shot is money.

#7 R32 Completely not my style, but done well enough. I love shots with hot brakes and backfire, but they typically don’t show the car off much.

#8 Supra Interesting use of chrome, but the matte (or powder?) kills it for me. Only 1 bonus shot… take advantage of your opportunities

#9 CTR I like the hex idea with emblems inside, but they get lost in the dark shades of the body. Extreme angles rarely lead to good pictures in my opinion, you don’t need to get everything into the shot.

#10 F430 Hot Holts! I really like this one, it pops. I’d like to see it done on a wide body with a wing set up like a GR4 car. If I had one complaint, it’s sitting too high – drop that ride height for pics.

#11 911 Excellent play with the gloss and semi gloss. I’d like to see a little more gloss though, and some silver on the wheels. Good bonus pics!

#12 Subaru Not much to work with considering the company’s very basic logo. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#13 CA Very well executed, but not my style at all. Mad props for all that goes into making those decals, it is simply beyond me. Bonus pics look great!

#14 Fit Some odd choices all the way around… a Fit (at least I knew what it was)? Signs Southwest? Only 1 bonus shot? The shot really conveys action though… which is hard to do with a Fit!

#15 Civic I’m really not one for the cartoon, heavy graphic look. I do like the detail through the rear wing (well executed) and the bonus shots are great!

#16 208 If I have to look up which car you used… see #14 above. Cool use of mask decals over a color shift chrome look. Would prefer to be able to see the livery in a bonus shot.

#17 Vette This one just missed getting my vote. Really tight, clean graphics. Black wheels, ugh. Bonus shots look great.

#18 911 Black White and Red, how can you go wrong. Nice livery other than the black wheels. Really pops in the bonus shots, a little flat in the required.

#19 RS If I have to look up which car you used… see #14 above. Nicely done livery though, the graphics tie in really well to the brand. Bonus shots aren’t really giving us much to see.

#20 Lambo This one falls a bit flat for me, I think it is the shade of white used, the grey wheels aren’t helping either. Interesting bonus pics, but they again are rather muted.

#21 RX8 For as busy as it is, I really like it. Great fade from blue to white, and the wheels work for me in this application. Why only 1 bonus shot, I’d like to see more of her!

#22 Taycan I’d probably like it more if I was familiar with the brand. Looking at their website I definitely see where you were going, and it looks good. 1st bonus shot is hot.

#23 AMG The bright colors really pop against that matte/powder, but I think I’d like to see it over a gloss. Nice wheel color accent, and the bonus shots look good.

#24 Integra Looks like it could be on the local track for sure! Not wild about the green wheels/roll cage, but the checker pattern in the blue is a nice touch.

#25 918 Nice sticker quality look. Just missed getting a vote from me. Only complaint would be the 2nd bonus shot – looks cool, but doesn’t show off the livery.

#26 205 Love the inspiration, love the idea, like the execution. Maybe it would play better vertically with ice all across the bottom and the light dark liquors coming together above it? Great 2nd bonus shot!

#27 GTR Something about this one, I really felt it deserved my vote! I love the asymmetry, love the colors, love the way the sponsors are done in the rear window, love the 2nd bonus shot.

#28 Lambo Clean livery, nice grey/white fade and color use. Only change I’d make is the mirrors in K2 matte. Bonus shots look good.

#29 Supra Got my vote, in fact this is my #1! I’m a sucker for white/red/black liveries, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Placement of the sponsor decals is perfect, red highlights really pop, love the wheels and all the little bits hiding in the minor tones. Bonus pics are some of the best in the group.

#30 WRX Got my vote my #2! Two door WRX’s are a favorite of mine. This black and white number looks great. Decal choice and placement is tops. I’d still prefer some silver in the wheel selection, but these work given the B&W nature of the design. Bonus shots are fire!

#31 Lambo If you just described it to me I probably wouldn’t care for it, but seeing it… it WORKS! Love the details in the windows. 2nd bonus pic is sweet.

#32 F8 Sticker quality look! The color graphics are hot, wish it had some mostly black with chrome highlight wheels. That helmet in the bonus shots - lol?

#33 AMG Hands down the one I’d most hate to have to replicate. The amount of detail and work that went into it is staggering! That said, it’s a little too busy for my tastes, and I’m just not wild about the AMG’s. 1st Class entry regardless.
Much appreciate the time taken to provide all that feedback. Thank you!!!

Have to say I'm quite gutted I only received one vote. I had thought this livery stood a chance of being well-received, and it was in the thread and the socials in game, but completely flopped in the poll for some reason. Ah well, maybe next time something will click!

Last edited:

Cheers,
-ZiggedZag

#1 86 Can’t tell if you are using Matte or Powder, but I’d recommend Semi Gloss. Anything more matte than that and it just makes them look flat and unalive – just my opinion. Your bonus shots look great.

#3 350Z Well executed livery, but the colors aren’t done any favors by this location. Just no pop. I also don’t understand vegemite’s appeal ;).

#4 911 Nicely done, clean and uncluttered, but I prefer my wheels in a shade of silver. 2nd bonus shot is sweet.

#5 AMG Had to look up the brand, but yeah, interesting livery for a bread company. If the wheels are gonna be black, then you need that touch of silver!

#6 911 Slot track trim is a nice touch. Just doesn’t stand out in this crowd. 2nd bonus shot is money.

#7 R32 Completely not my style, but done well enough. I love shots with hot brakes and backfire, but they typically don’t show the car off much.

#8 Supra Interesting use of chrome, but the matte (or powder?) kills it for me. Only 1 bonus shot… take advantage of your opportunities

#9 CTR I like the hex idea with emblems inside, but they get lost in the dark shades of the body. Extreme angles rarely lead to good pictures in my opinion, you don’t need to get everything into the shot.

#10 F430 Hot Holts! I really like this one, it pops. I’d like to see it done on a wide body with a wing set up like a GR4 car. If I had one complaint, it’s sitting too high – drop that ride height for pics.

#11 911 Excellent play with the gloss and semi gloss. I’d like to see a little more gloss though, and some silver on the wheels. Good bonus pics!

#12 Subaru Not much to work with considering the company’s very basic logo. No bonus pics? They really do matter when it comes to votes.

#13 CA Very well executed, but not my style at all. Mad props for all that goes into making those decals, it is simply beyond me. Bonus pics look great!

#14 Fit Some odd choices all the way around… a Fit (at least I knew what it was)? Signs Southwest? Only 1 bonus shot? The shot really conveys action though… which is hard to do with a Fit!

#15 Civic I’m really not one for the cartoon, heavy graphic look. I do like the detail through the rear wing (well executed) and the bonus shots are great!

#16 208 If I have to look up which car you used… see #14 above. Cool use of mask decals over a color shift chrome look. Would prefer to be able to see the livery in a bonus shot.

#17 Vette This one just missed getting my vote. Really tight, clean graphics. Black wheels, ugh. Bonus shots look great.

#18 911 Black White and Red, how can you go wrong. Nice livery other than the black wheels. Really pops in the bonus shots, a little flat in the required.

#19 RS If I have to look up which car you used… see #14 above. Nicely done livery though, the graphics tie in really well to the brand. Bonus shots aren’t really giving us much to see.

#20 Lambo This one falls a bit flat for me, I think it is the shade of white used, the grey wheels aren’t helping either. Interesting bonus pics, but they again are rather muted.

#21 RX8 For as busy as it is, I really like it. Great fade from blue to white, and the wheels work for me in this application. Why only 1 bonus shot, I’d like to see more of her!

#22 Taycan I’d probably like it more if I was familiar with the brand. Looking at their website I definitely see where you were going, and it looks good. 1st bonus shot is hot.

#23 AMG The bright colors really pop against that matte/powder, but I think I’d like to see it over a gloss. Nice wheel color accent, and the bonus shots look good.

#24 Integra Looks like it could be on the local track for sure! Not wild about the green wheels/roll cage, but the checker pattern in the blue is a nice touch.

#25 918 Nice sticker quality look. Just missed getting a vote from me. Only complaint would be the 2nd bonus shot – looks cool, but doesn’t show off the livery.

#26 205 Love the inspiration, love the idea, like the execution. Maybe it would play better vertically with ice all across the bottom and the light dark liquors coming together above it? Great 2nd bonus shot!

#27 GTR Something about this one, I really felt it deserved my vote! I love the asymmetry, love the colors, love the way the sponsors are done in the rear window, love the 2nd bonus shot.

#29 Supra Got my vote, in fact this is my #1! I’m a sucker for white/red/black liveries, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Placement of the sponsor decals is perfect, red highlights really pop, love the wheels and all the little bits hiding in the minor tones. Bonus pics are some of the best in the group.

#30 WRX Got my vote my #2! Two door WRX’s are a favorite of mine. This black and white number looks great. Decal choice and placement is tops. I’d still prefer some silver in the wheel selection, but these work given the B&W nature of the design. Bonus shots are fire!

#31 Lambo If you just described it to me I probably wouldn’t care for it, but seeing it… it WORKS! Love the details in the windows. 2nd bonus pic is sweet.

#32 F8 Sticker quality look! The color graphics are hot, wish it had some mostly black with chrome highlight wheels. That helmet in the bonus shots - lol?

#33 AMG Hands down the one I’d most hate to have to replicate. The amount of detail and work that went into it is staggering! That said, it’s a little too busy for my tastes, and I’m just not wild about the AMG’s. 1st Class entry regardless.
Thanks for the feedback @ziggedzag I really appreciate it as it will help me for future designs :cheers:
I faded the logos inside the hex design as I felt they detracted too much from the design without fading them. It was a bit of an experiment, but perhaps it didn’t quite hit the mark I had hoped for. I suppose that’s part of the fun of the LEC’s to try out ideas, sometimes they work out and other times they don’t!

Cheers,
-ZiggedZag

Thanks so much for the full feedback. Its great that everyone gets something personal at the end of this.

I too am also not a fan of the Anime/Japanese character style designs..... but I looked into the history of the brand and thought it was cool. Oh, and the colours, they just pop on the black and the mascots suit the shape of the Civic hatch nicely, so I made the call to change my original design to this one.

Wow, thanks a lot for your comments, much appreciated! 😍

I must admit I love black, red and white liveries too (I'm an OGC Nice fan, red & black are their colours, this might explain that :D ).

Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate the precise look you had on my livery. :)

Edit : I said it quickly on your GT page but I really love your livery too, it was also my number 1.

I wish I could have done it!

Last edited:

Cheers,
-ZiggedZag

Thanks for taking the time to do this.
I might try that horizontal version

Latest Posts

Back