Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
THE LEFT IS NOT THE RIGHT
full

Image courtesy of @Cytoria

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Forget about that "Dupicate to other side" feature of the livery editor! Last winner @ziggedzag chose this theme which was originally proposed by @Noisy for GTS LEC #19. Let's recap what Noisy said about this theme:

"I want to challenge our designers and take them out of their comfort zone.

Design a livery that is asymmetrical, that is different in design on one side compared to the other.

The design should be noticeably different on the drivers' and passengers' side of the car with a transition on the top of the car. Asymmetric designs are quite uncommon in racing and it would be great to see what people can come up with. Good luck!"

CARS:
  • Any

LIVERIES:
  • Original or replica desgins

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Livery must be noticeably different in design on drivers and passenger side of the car.
  • No simple colour swaps between sides (so no red text on white background in one side and white text on red background on the other).
  • No split designs i.e. 1999 BAR F1 influenced designs.
  • Sponsor logos and number plates can be symmetric.

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on November 21st, 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS4 Pro
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

#5, #19 and #22 got my votes.

5... well, I'm a sucker for an Artistic livery on a BMW and this livery is one of my favourites.
19, I just like the colour, it's very expressive, some different facets of 'nature' going on.
22, good late entry! Interesting original idea well executed, and used the fact it was asymetrical quite well.

Mention for #10, the Dulux M6, again, really simple strong colours and respect to the Renault 5, that must have taken a long time!

Strong group of entries in this round made it difficult for me to narrow down to just three entries. I could have easily given seven or eight votes if they were there to give, but in the end I chose the three I thought had the most originality, the most creative use of asymmetry, and had the most thought out designs.

I finally settled on #7, #17, and #22.

#7 - Love the balance on this, using big and bold colours and the classic combination of Red Bull and Jagermeister. Really well executed design I could easily see being featured on a show car sponsored by Red Bull and Jagermeister.

#17 - Again, a really well-balanced design that's simple but very effective at showing off the colour scheme. That aerial shot in the bonus images shows off the design to good effect. And again, I could easily see this on a race track (if EDF Energy ever decided to put their greed-earned profits into a race car programme!).

#22 - Absolutely love the ideas and execution of this one. Playful and fun, full of original(ish) designs. My pick of the bunch and an awesome last-minute addition!

The three M6's and the BMW VGT almost got my vote, and that AMG GT! This was a seriously difficult group of entries to choose between. Congrats all round to everyone and thanks for the votes on mine - always appreciated!

the classic combination of Red Bull and Jagermeister

Yeah boi!

Absolute banger of a night started off with several Corona (with Lime)'s and a couple of pints of Fosters in your local Marston's budget-gastro pub before heading to Spoonies to smash the Jagerbombs, then the budget TescoJagerbombs, then just the Jager... whilst get chatted up by some bird trying to convince you people can't tell the difference between her and her daughter, and falling down the staircase from the bogs, staggering to the club to decide that you don't want to pay £20 to get in when the doorman wasn't going to let you anyway, limping to the kebab shop with a twisted ankle to order a Chilli Sauce pita with a bit of shredded salty leather in it, and then having to squeaky-bum walk all the way home because the Kebab went through you faster than a shot from a gun, then laying on your kitchen floor having heart-palpitations because Jagerbombs are worse than cocaine, as your crotch gets increasing wet and warm.

The classic Jagerbomb experience.

'Tis a good livery though 👍

#5, #19 and #22 got my votes.

5... well, I'm a sucker for an Artistic livery on a BMW and this livery is one of my favourites.
19, I just like the colour, it's very expressive, some different facets of 'nature' going on.
22, good late entry! Interesting original idea well executed, and used the fact it was asymetrical quite well.

Mention for #10, the Dulux M6, again, really simple strong colours and respect to the Renault 5, that must have taken a long time!
Thanks for the mention

Its an all BMW podium for me.

Option 5 is great - fantastic homage to the art cars brilliantly executed.

Option 10 - both sides vastly different but easily recognisable as Dulux could definitely see this out on track.

Option 12 - wouldn't know where to begin creating something like this, looks retro and modern at the same time beautifully created and I reckon in with a great chance of winning

Yeah boi!

Absolute banger of a night started off with several Corona (with Lime)'s and a couple of pints of Fosters in your local Marston's budget-gastro pub before heading to Spoonies to smash the Jagerbombs, then the budget TescoJagerbombs, then just the Jager... whilst get chatted up by some bird trying to convince you people can't tell the difference between her and her daughter, and falling down the staircase from the bogs, staggering to the club to decide that you don't want to pay £20 to get in when the doorman wasn't going to let you anyway, limping to the kebab shop with a twisted ankle to order a Chilli Sauce pita with a bit of shredded salty leather in it, and then having to squeaky-bum walk all the way home because the Kebab went through you faster than a shot from a gun, then laying on your kitchen floor having heart-palpitations because Jagerbombs are worse than cocaine, as your crotch gets increasing wet and warm.

The classic Jagerbomb experience.

'Tis a good livery though 👍
I feel like we should have a night on the lash. 👌👌

Its an all BMW podium for me.

Option 5 is great - fantastic homage to the art cars brilliantly executed.

Option 10 - both sides vastly different but easily recognisable as Dulux could definitely see this out on track.

Option 12 - wouldn't know where to begin creating something like this, looks retro and modern at the same time beautifully created and I reckon in with a great chance of winning
Thank you

I nuked it. Frankly I wasn't a fan when I put it up in the first place and looking at it again a few days ago it just looked awful so it's gone now.
I thought it was actually quite cool!

Okay, so... @Drex124 has withdrawn his entry via ninja deletion. Does that mean we have four votes which need to be re-cast? I've not encountered this before... Calling @Nuschel01 to the information desk!

Panic Masks GIF by South Park

I thought it was actually quite cool!

Okay, so... @Drex124 has withdrawn his entry via ninja deletion. Does that mean we have four votes which need to be re-cast? I've not encountered this before... Calling @Nuschel01 to the information desk!

Panic Masks GIF by South Park
Everyone who's voted for the F40 should just vote for something else, votes can be freely changed :D

Excellent work all around here in this competition poll. RESPECT to every single entrant!
Since we’ve got three votes only, here’s where mine have gone:

#12 - 1980 BMW M1 ProCar “Carte de France” recreation by @MatskiMonk. He’s the uncrowned King when it comes to BMW Art Cars. Great work transposing the map of France from one car shape to another to make it fit perfectly.
One tiny thing only: I don’t like the use of colour for the oceans. For me it’s just a little too much of purple.

#02 - 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL by @ziggedzag. Very convincing and reduced design with strict black and white lines matching the shape of the car and the era as well. Also to mention the carefully chosen sponsor decals and the hand-made style lettering. I just cannot decide which of the car’s sides I like best.

#07 - “Jagerbomb” VW GTI VGT by svenhjs666. Eye-catching design with smart choice of sponsoring combo. I also love the bonus shots which are sort of pieces of art.

One tiny thing only: I don’t like the use of colour for the oceans. For me it’s just a little too much of purple.
This wouldn't surprise me :D My colour vision is pretty appalling! I rely heavily on the colour picker when working on liveries, and if the image I sampled is off, so will the colour be!

#02 - 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL by @ziggedzag. Very convincing and reduced design with strict black and white lines matching the shape of the car and the era as well. Also to mention the carefully chosen sponsor decals and the hand-made style lettering. I just cannot decide which of the car’s sides I like best.
Would it surprise you to learn that the stripes are actually blue and white? I went with a very dark blue. You can really only see it in the brightest highlights, otherwise it looks black. Thanks for the vote, I really like how this one turned out as well!

Seems i've got a good taste.
voted for the podium as it stands now.

No need to explain,very well done.

Very outstanding colorscheme.

True art,just wow.

#1,#2 & #21 just fell of but were very close.

Thanks for the votes and the nice comments @Raphaele , @Slender_Man , @ZombieLiquid , @MidnightRun85 , @Racerx_34 , @tomoca_1 & @JarredJackson

My apologies before missing out the voting for the previous LEC.
Simply thaugt there was more time and when i came back the voting was closed.
Sorry about that guys.

Last edited:
Very high standard for this round, well done all. I tend not to comment in the poll thread, it feels a bit like a slight to pick out particular entries and not mention others, but who has time to do a full review (respect to @ziggedzag 🫡 :). And who the hell am I to critique? But I can see from the last poll that some people enjoy these comments, and this time I had a particularly difficult choice between 2 entries, so I thought I'd give it a go.

There were 2 outstanding replicas for me in this round, 5 and 12. I hope I can appreciate design skills when I see them, but for me a challenging replica gets the blood pumping, because there is no hiding place; you HAVE to deal with difficulties of the livery editor, you have to find a way. And you need the artistic ability to create the decals in the first place, because a challenging replica cannot be done any other way. When you create an original livery, you have the choice to find a different way where the details are difficult (e.g. transitions between areas, use of space). Bravo 5 and 12, my top 2

I assume that 19 is an original design, because I couldn't find it, but it is so well done and redolent of the brand that I was convinced for a long time that I just needed to look harder. Replica or not, it looks fantastic, very 'designer' in its deliberateness and scale, very modern with a sense of the fun and playfulness of the brand (the shriek on the hood, lol :))

But after much vacillation I ended up voting for 22. I love the playfulness and character. If I was being hyper-critical I'd say that the stroke of the cloud trail looks a bit 'decalish' on the right rear quarter, a little out of scale, but in other areas there are obvious technical abilities on show, with the transparencies and gradients. In some ways this is a more 'human' design compared to the professionalism of 19, but I love 'human' liveries, where you can imagine a spray artist at work (rather than a decal placer, if you see what I mean)

I'll quickly mention a few others who haven't had a comment yet, 1 and 21 are very right, nail the brands, as do 13 and 17 which also hit the restrained, elegant look of something like last years Toyota hybrid livery, I'm a big fan of 4 for the colours and translation of the brand, and lastly 18 I think the details get a bit lost in the default scape (2nd bonus is great), but I love the concept, and if I'm not mistaken is that a gradiated border/shadow effect around the fold shapes? If so, love to know how!

Bit TLDR this so I'll stop after repeating that every entry was impressive this round, well done.

Seems i've got a good taste.
voted for the podium as it stands now.

No need to explain,very well done.

Very outstanding colorscheme.

True art,just wow.

#1,#2 & #21 just fell of but were very close.

Thanks for the votes and the nice comments @Raphaele , @Slender_Man , @ZombieLiquid , @MidnightRun85 , @Racerx_34 , @tomoca_1 & @JarredJackson

My apologies before missing out the voting for the previous LEC.
Simply thaugt there was more time and when i came back the voting was closed.
Sorry about that guys.
Thank you

Back