Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
24h du Mans
full

Image courtesy of TQBS24

THIS MONTH'S THEME

The infamous French race around the clock is this LEC's theme. Previous winner @SouperK chose this proposal made by @Adam Barber for you guys to get your enduro cars ready:

"With endurance racing especially prototypes entering a new era with lots of manufacturer interest and GT3 cars coming to WEC to replace GTE it feels like the perfect time for a Le Mans theme with cars from its past, present or even future."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • LMP
  • Gr.C
  • GT1
  • GT3
  • Vintage racing cars
  • Road cars with racing mods
  • TL;DR: Anything that ever started at a Le Mans 24h
  • EDIT: VGTs

LIVERIES:
  • Original or replica desgins

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Realistic liveries that you'd see at the 24 Hours of Le Mans

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • At least one photo from Le Mans

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on January 21st, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
52564611599_10e0efcb92_z.jpg

52563872627_828f59d18c_z.jpg

52564333501_fe4f2a2472_z.jpg

52114485547_29beb645ac_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29
full

full

full
]

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Wow, this one was difficult to decide on! There was one clear winner for me (who just so happens to be leading in this early stage...). For the other two votes, there were seven entrants I could have easily voted for! In the end, I went for:

4. I'm a sucker for the RX-VISION and the Renown livery from the 787B. This is a great mash-up, modernizing the old livery well and matching it to the newer body shape.

9. Taking the opposite approach, applying a modern livery to a classic race car works so well in this case. The colour scheme is perfectly suited to the body shape and it all just looks so right!

22. For me, this is perfection. A highly detailed replica of a highly detailed livery with Le Mans Easter eggs all over it! Much respect, sir!

I would have also voted for 5, 11, 15, 17, 25, and 27 if I could have!!

Amazing work by everyone. Huge standard of entries in this round! I don't stand a chance!

Last edited:
It was tough narrowing it down to three votes this time, but ultimately the #22 Ferrari fell through due to its wheels.
#1 is clearly my personal winner :D

I think this is the hardest vote ive ever had to deliberate on, truly awesome work but my votes went to 9, 14 and 22.

9 just fits that classic race car so well, 100% could have taken part in a le mans in the past.

14 - I brought up Pescarolo in the polyphony digital comp (mainly because I couldn't remember the teams name) as it gave me serious gt3 nostalgia then up pops this beautiful reworking of those classic colours - still think GT9 in 2030 is being optimistic but that's a different discussion lol

22 - amazing attention to detail im so jealous of people who have the tools and the talent to draw decals externally not failing to add its a beautifully livery with nods to Le Mans throughout 👍

Last edited:
I voted for #2, #13 and #17.

2:
Its hard to do a classic design on a modern ride, but this works great. Lines are really clean and flow with the bodywork.

13:
Nice replica, those cars are a bitch to do because of the canvas which isn't flat. Nice work

17:
My favorite. This is really an amazing upgrade of the current Grasser car, and the red details are amazing. Props

I could have swapped #1 and #25 in btw, those are really nice as well and will definitely download them.

Last edited:
17:
My favorite. This is really an amazing upgrade of the current Grasser car, and the red details are amazing. Props
Thanks! tried to update the car to this year's spec but just ran out of time on making a livery that I was very happy with

Congrats to the podium, my fave was the runaway winner, other votes were because I find it hard to resist an art car (especially the lichtenstein), and #1 is very cool and the aerial view wowed me. I was very tempted to swap my vote for the winner to the Grasser Lambo just to get it on the podium as a tactical vote, but I've never changed my vote in previous LECs, and it takes a while for me to change my habits (admittedly I did used to 'tactically' vote when the voting was visible from the off, which is why I'd often vote late :embarrassed: My first rule was don't take away a vote which would change the order, so it was usually 'no need to vote for that one then')

Occasionally I used to vote for liveries without votes because it's s little bit heartbreaking to see, it's natural to assume it's because people looked and weren't impressed, when usually people look and think 'that's really good' but then with the vagaries of taste find 3 they prefer. The entrants of all the voteless liveries in this round should be proud of their work I hope.

And thank you very much to those who popped a vote on mine :)

Last edited:
I've only poked my head into LEC's once in a blue moon, so thank you to all who voted for my Viper, I really put maximum effort into that one. But there's no denying that @Gingerale went above and beyond with his effort to make that livery.

Honorable mention to @Drex124 for just missing out on the podium, I know how much work you put into that replica.

I've only poked my head into LEC's once in a blue moon, so thank you to all who voted for my Viper, I really put maximum effort into that one. But there's no denying that @Gingerale went above and beyond with his effort to make that livery.

Honorable mention to @Drex124 for just missing out on the podium, I know how much work you put into that replica.
Can you share your livery? I really like it

Back