Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
80s' STYLE
full

Image courtesy of @Balwerk

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's been a while but we're reheating another GTS LEC theme this time, previous LEC winner @Gingerale chose GTS LEC #16's theme for you. Let's recap what @D-Max had to say about this theme:

"80s' style. Design a car that takes its inspiration from 80s' liveries. But it's not that simple....

Keeping the liveries very much so 80s', I want cars to be from 2000 or newer. The big thing for me is limiting the crazy designs. 80s' cars had some very simplistic designs in terms of shapes yet still to this day are eye catching and mesmerizing. I don't want to see crazy curves or large scale images as that wasn't really a thing in the 80s'. I want to see the use of rectangles, squares and triangles. Strictly no replicas, though you can take inspiration and apply it. (if it is found to be too close to an original, you may be asked to edit your entry).

A quick note, bear in mind with 80s' car that title sponsors were very bold and in your face, so your livery should represent this."

CARS:
  • 2000 or newer
  • No VGTs

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs only

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Must use either classic or modern decals (not a mix)
  • Must use a basic number board that would've made sense in the 1980s'
  • Solid colours only (no metallic/chrom/fluo/matte)
  • No massive amount of complex shapes or curves

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • Track shots in motion only

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on March 7th, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

tertre-rouge-from-dunlop-corner_-jpeg.1230388

dunlop-chicane_-jpeg.1230389

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

All beautiful liveries, but I went with # 6,16 and 17. I think they nailed the 80s look the best.

Incredible effort all round on this one. Most entries are top notch with a few on the next level above! I struggled choosing only three, but I went for:

#7 - Instant retro throwback vibes with the colour combination and the livery works perfectly on the NSX. It's a bit on the modern side, but it still carries those 80s vibes perfectly.
#17 - As soon as I saw this one in the thread I knew this was my winner - and clearly it appears to be the people's choice to! An awesomely balanced livery that has all the right retro vibes but sits perfectly as a modern livery too.
#19 - A Viper that doesn't have longitudinal stripes, that actually looks amazing?! How can you NOT vote for that? Love the off-white base (very 80s) and the colour stripes across the bonnet, and the use of Polaroid as a sponsor was a clever choice!

Thanks to those who voted for mine! Living in the shadow of #17 was always going to be tough, so I'm glad I got any votes at all!

I went with 8, 10 and 19.
This was kinda hard theme (don't know why I picked it lol), so just went with my guts with cars that kinda looked like they came from the 80s.

Back