Poll. What do you watch?

• Thread starter Dmac72
  • 31 comments

When watching motorsports, what is your preferred series? Choose up to 3.

• Total voters
I can watch pretty much any kind of motorsport but F1 and Indycar are the two big ones for me. I also voted Sports Cars because I really like those, even though I'm not very familiar with Blancpain series, Weathertech series, etc.

The rest have their moments, but I don't go out of my way to watch them.

I've only watched two F1 races in their entirety... last years Monaco and China and even they I got the FHD rips without the ads and with the French and Chinese original production.

The local version is full of ads and aids.

I'll be honest, I don't watch anything based on the class of car, so I picked other. I usually only watch races where I'm familiar with the track. It's far more interesting to watch a race when you are aware of the limits of the racing line and how the drivers are racing against it.

Touring, Sports and Endurance. Nothing against NASCAR or Rally, just don't have time time or suitable coverage.

edit: For the purposes of the thread, GT player since the original. Played GT before I was interested in motorsport.

Last edited:
Well given that the aim of the poll was to see what motorsports players of GT sport watch, I guess having it moved out of the GT sport forum is going to pretty much throw the results in an irrelevant direction........:banghead:

NASCAR: active follower and regular race-watcher since broadcasting in Germany started back in 2012.

F1: since I was a little boy. Been watching it my whole life basically.

Sports car racing: not that much on TV, but I enjoy attending the races at the tracks.

I've watched many forms of Motorsport over the years but all I watch now is:

Rally, MotoGP, WSBK & BSB, V8 Supercars.

Because their all ace :)

I watch pretty much whatever's on, but given that my three favourite series at the moment appear to be a rally series, a bike series and a touring car series...those.

Formula 1, Indycar and Endurance are the ones I chose, but I also occasionally watch Nascar when they are at road courses. YouTube TV makes it easy to watch F1 and Indycar, and IMSA is awesome and uploads full races to YouTube so I can watch them there. I love Rally as well, but I haven't found a way to be able to follow/watch it in America.

I have been a fan of F1 for many years, follow rallying less than I used to but my absolute won’t miss race each year is the 25 hours of Spa in the Fun Cup series. A ridiculous number of VW Beetles with mainly amateur and semi-pro drivers.

1. NTT IndyCar Series.
  2. FIA World RallyCross Championship. FIA Americas RallyCross Championship.
  3. FIM MotoGP World Championship. FIM Superbike World Championship. AMA/FIM MotoAmerica Superbike Championship.
  4. FIA World Endurance Championship. IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
  5. Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

F1: been watching my whole life. Might not have watched if it hadn’t been such a huge part of my childhood.

Indycar: started watching when I heard Rossi won the 500 and fell in love with the series. Started watching full time around Watkins Glen 2017

NASCAR: started following it during the Chase last year. Definitely not what I’m used to, but the totally different format was a little refreshing for sure

F1: mostly as I almost grew up watching it when Michael Schumacher was dominating, but now not so much.

Indycar: Watched intermittently in the mid-00's but grew more into it when Dario Franchitti was winning. Have also been to the Toronto race live four times and hopefully wanting to fly out to experience the Indy 500 in a couple of years. Been more into watching Indy than F1 nowadays too.

Touring cars: BTCC in particular since I first watched the 2001 race at Knockhill live. Currently sits alongside Indy as my favorite racing series right now.

For all the Indy Car fans here I think you guys are really missing something if you've never had the chance to see Indy Car racing when it was USAC sanctioned. Tony George made a farce out of Indy Car during the IRL and USAC battles but he owned The Brickyard and you cant race Indy Cars without Indy , it really makes it tough for me to watch remembering how great it used to be.

The thread title and poll title is contradictory. I only watch F1 because that's the one I've been following since childhood and easiest to access, but I would love to also have the same coverage for rally, touring and sportscar. Endurance is just too long and time consuming to watch in its entirety. Indycar & NASCAR, I respect the series but I just cannot bring myself to watch a whole race (except with Alonso in it maybe).

I’ve been watching Le Mans since around the time Audi introduced their R18 (so 2010/2011?) and quickly expanded to more endurance races as GT Academy took off and I had drivers to follow. I still haven’t yet followed a full WEC season, but I most definitely will when the Hypercar regulations come into play. I started getting into IMSA but I’m not super familiar with the cars or drivers so it’s been difficult to keep my attention despite the fairly good racing it’s provided.

I got into F1 at the start of the 2018 season after having a very positive experience at a mclaren dealer in California, and I’ve watched every race since and have been following most developments, though still coming to grips with all the complicated rules and procedures. It’s been a little rough with Mercedes dominance and a split between the top and midfield, but I haven’t been able to stop watching.

Le Mans/WEC and F1 are definitely by far my favorites, plus the Nürburgring 24H as an individual race. I also usually try to catch any race that has GT Academy graduates or other people connected to the GT franchise (like Kaz or Igor).

If and this is a big if I should watch motorsports it is F1 and Rally (WRC). Problem is that is are no life broadcast where I live. There used to be but not anymore.

Mainly touring cars, some sports cars. An odd endurance here or there that doesn't include LMP1. (new regs might change that) Haven't watched a NASCAR or F1 race in years. One word describes them for me: boring.

Primarily NASCAR and any form of short track oval racing, but I watch most F1 races, and watch BTCC, WTCR, and SuperGT when they’re available to watch online. I really enjoy all three of those. And I try to watch whatever Rallycross that I can, I followed Global Rallycross before it went bust.

I watch the Indy 500, and the Daytona and Le Mans 24hs every year but I can’t get into Indycar normally and I’m really not a fan of multiclass racing (SuperGT is the exception). I like all the cars on track to be racing directly against each other.

Only go to oval racing live, would never go to any event where you can’t see the entire track.

Primarily NASCAR and any form of short track oval racing, but I watch most F1 races, and watch BTCC, WTCR, and SuperGT when they’re available to watch online. I really enjoy all three of those. And I try to watch whatever Rallycross that I can, I followed Global Rallycross before it went bust.

I watch the Indy 500, and the Daytona and Le Mans 24hs every year but I can’t get into Indycar normally and I’m really not a fan of multiclass racing (SuperGT is the exception). I like all the cars on track to be racing directly against each other.

Only go to oval racing live, would never go to any event where you can’t see the entire track.

First time I went to a race where you couldnt see the whole track was Indy Cars at Road America, a customer took me to see the cars he would be competing with, there were support races too. We were watching the P1 of of the Indy Cars (it was still CART) at the time. We were a couple hundred feet before the first LH turn, I think its T4 and a guy is standing next to me with a RADAR gun. First 2 laps were at moderate pace, I didnt know this, 3rd time by the car is 204 MPH at like 300 FT from the turn, I thought we were fixin to see the biggest wreck ever cause his throttle stuck or something, the dude throws out the hooks and bangs it down like 5 gears and turns left with a little wheel spin on exit, no problem. Did I mention that you are only about 30 feet from the racing line at that point? Holy cow piles, that seared an image in my mind to this day!! Dont discount racing just because you cant see the whole track. Had a blast last year too at the historic races, a guy with an older Bennetton and Jordan F1 cars (mid 90's stuff) talked and showed me their toys for about an hour and a half.

The VLN and N24 is about all I bother with these days. Apart from Le Mans that is but I've not been happy with that race for the last couple of years.

Used to Watch Touring cars and Indy alot up untill the last few years but now it's just exclusively F1.

That might Change in the future but I'm not as emotionally connected to alot of race series as I once was, not really sure why that is.

Oh and I was really Getting Into Super GT Last year but they killed the English coverage and now I can't be bothered, eh.

Back