Poll: What should the next Season Event be like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elohim
  • 42 comments
  • 2,632 views

What do you want the next Seasonal Event to be like?

  • The same as Event 3 and 4; only car restrictions

    Votes: 31 25.2%
  • The same as Event 1 and 2; performance and car restrictions

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • The Event 5 should have power restrictions but no car restrictions! I should at least choose the car

    Votes: 33 26.8%
  • Let PD decide!

    Votes: 35 28.5%

  • Total voters
    123
Messages
69
Messages
elohim
I think the idea of having performance restrictions should be reinforced but we should be able to pick our own cars. Have the performance for the first event be low like 150 hp and ff and then in the final even have more in the range of 700 hp and fwd rwd. What do you guys want next Event around?
 
Why did you make three of the same threads?
 
Apparently because his other 2 threads didn't work.
 
Best triple thread ever.


OT seasonal event 1 and 2 were my favourites
 
I really enjoyed the GTR race on the first set of events and the Fiat 500 on the second pack.Everything about these were ok, they werent ridiculous like the Focus or RX-7 races, neither were they unrestricted, overall I enjoyed the first Seasonal Events more.
 
I think restrictions on but having the chioce of your own car would be better. To change things up too, instead of having 5 seperate events, have a championship event of some sort.

The bottom line is these seasonal event oppurtunities are endless, they could do things like have proper NASCAR events, or Rally events. I think they need some time to get through any teething propblems and find a balance before they use these to their full potential.
 
I think restrictions on but having the chioce of your own car would be better. To change things up too, instead of having 5 seperate events, have a championship event of some sort.

The bottom line is these seasonal event oppurtunities are endless, they could do things like have proper NASCAR events, or Rally events. I think they need some time to get through any teething propblems and find a balance before they use these to their full potential.

Or they can vastly improve the the normal races so seasonal events are more of a specialty thing instead of a necessity.
 
Or they can vastly improve the the normal races so seasonal events are more of a specialty thing instead of a necessity.

That's not going to be helpful to a lot of people who have already done all the events. I've done all the races, so just because they've changed restrictions etc wouldn't make me go back and race them again any faster than racing them for the sake of it. I'd rather have events which are constantly changing with different restrictions etc to keep me interested.

It's obvious A-Spec has it's flaws, but it seems to me their focusing more of their attention on the special events as they have constant control without having to keep making "patches".
 
That's not going to be helpful to a lot of people who have already done all the events. I've done all the races, so just because they've changed restrictions etc wouldn't make me go back and race them again any faster than racing them for the sake of it. I'd rather have events which are constantly changing with different restrictions etc to keep me interested.

It's obvious A-Spec has it's flaws, but it seems to me their focusing more of their attention on the special events as they have constant control without having to keep making "patches".

I meant adding more races/championships to the normal events, not just making the one's already present upgraded.
 
I disagree, I want fast money. Same as event 3 and 4 for me.
 
19.5m on main account, 15m on 2nd... Exp after level 30 - 32 are not great as well, we'll need years of those to get level 40.
Sooo... "The same as Event 1 and 2; performance and car restrictions"
 
Why did you make three of the same threads?
sorry about that I think it was firefox freezing up, probably by accident I tried to delete the other ones but didn't know how.
 
Has anyone realized that all the seasonal events we have received so far were part of the 1.05 update? They just update automatically when the appropriate time/date comes along. So in theory polling and hoping PD will listen us is a bit futile, imho.
 
Has anyone realized that all the seasonal events we have received so far were part of the 1.05 update? They just update automatically when the appropriate time/date comes along. So in theory polling and hoping PD will listen us is a bit futile, imho.

Well then when they give us another update like 1.06 then they could add what we suggest. No?
 
...how about they add seasonal RACES ON TRACKS/VARIATIONS NOT USED IN A-SPEC MODE...that would make more sense than using tracks weve already driven on many times before.
 
Power restrictions alone sound fun.. lets me get to pick and choose which car works best. :)
 
Power restrictions alone sound fun.. lets me get to pick and choose which car works best. :)

I agree I feel like it adds more strategy to the events, obviously not every car can win every event some may be to heavy or to wild to master the track. It adds some enjoyment too knowing that your own creation of your choice is what you will used to complete a race, it makes you feel more like a race car driver in my eyes. Also the races will me more fun because you'll get to drive your favorite cars instead of boring ones...
 
I choose power and car restrictions. Would I be able to take the cars I want, it would always be the same. But with car restrictions, I learn to drive some new cars.

But I want to see some more classic car events. I loved the Motorsport Oltimer Cup (so it´s called in german version). Damn nice to see so much historic race cars.
 
make the leading A.I car have the exact same spec car as the player has, upgrades tune and all.
 
Has anyone realized that all the seasonal events we have received so far were part of the 1.05 update? They just update automatically when the appropriate time/date comes along. So in theory polling and hoping PD will listen us is a bit futile, imho.

No, the 1.05 only put the seasonal events and online dealership button in the menu. The events ARE updated via internet. Why else would events 3 and 4 not have restrictions?
 
PD will decide and they choose option 1...

And I do hope they never think about letting us choose our car... with these seasonal events I have to drive some other cars!!!
 
None of the poll options, bring PP back and make them PP races.
 
Woah, this is very divided.

I say no tuning restrictions, just car restrictions.

My ideas for the new events (maybe off topic??? :confused: )

Race 1: Toyota Vitz '07 @ Tsukuba, 7 laps
Race 2: Mazda Atenza Sport @ Top gear Test Track, 7 laps
Race 3: Aston DB9 @ London, 7 laps
Race 4: Super GT300 race (ARTA Garaiya, Asparadrink RX-7 etc.) @ Fuji, 5 laps
Race 5: LMP/Group C (ie. Audi R10, Mazda 787B etc.) @ La Sarthe, 3 laps
 
I'm not saying that every race should include the car of your choice, but at least one of the events should.

And if you want them to pick the car because you want to drive something different you should expand your horizons. Thats one thing I always do in gran turismo games buy something you haven't really had an opinion about tune it the best you can and then drive it
 
I know TT's are not the focus of this thread but I would like to see the next lot of seasonal TT's to be with standard cars only or in the very least no suspension mods allowed.
 
Or maybe races of the same class, another FGT race?
I loved the high speed ring race, not a great track but bringing a stock ARTA NSX gave me loads of fun!
 
How about proper races and not just some stupid time trial with traffic on the road? That's essentially what these seasonal events are, but they give decent money and exp so I won't complain too much.
 
How about proper races and not just some stupid time trial with traffic on the road? That's essentially what these seasonal events are, but they give decent money and exp so I won't complain too much.

You mean you want the AI to be slow, like they usually are.
 
Back