Pop ups. Why tho?

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 42 comments
To be honest, it's not like it's a far-fetched acknowledgement. Coming from the PS3 titles, you wouldn't necessarily be in the wrong to think that with the things they're removing and toning down, things like this wouldn't really been an issue. However, it's still likely due to the fact that outright beauty is one of the forefronts of this game, so I wouldn't doubt it if it takes up a good chunk of the resources, again.

Is it a major issue? No, I don't really think so, to be honest. However, it's not to off-base to originally form that conclusion.

Acceptance of limitation and appreciation of progress... that's what 30 years of lusting after better graphics has taught me, but there's always someone that's going to try and take a dump in the punch. I feel sorry for modern gamers if they can't look at what they have and just think "**** me, that's pretty awesome".

Acceptance of limitation and appreciation of progress... that's what 30 years of lusting after better graphics has taught me, but there's always someone that's going to try and take a dump in the punch. I feel sorry for modern gamers if they can't look at what they have and just think "**** me, that's pretty awesome".
Very true, if you are unaware of the limitations in place than it's easy to make assumptions. That's the thing though, not everyone is in the known, and that's why I kind of mentioned that it's easily to try to connect the two for some, considering what has been toned down/removed since the last iteration, as well as the fact that it's on a more powerful console. However, like I mentioned, I still think it boils down the Kaz's insistence on graphical fidelity, like he has in the past. Either way, can't please everyone.

I'm pleased with what was produced, only thing they need to do is continue adding content, which they are doing.

I haven't really noticed tree popups but the one thing I have noticed popping up is the white van/ambulance(?) on the left of the Nordschliefe between Adenauer Forst and Metzgesfeld.

The draw distance for rearview mirrors/screens seems to have been massively reduced (in the last update or the one before) to the point that its now possible to have cars floating in mid air as the track disappears (for me this is most noticeable at Bathurst on the straight coming down from the mountain and after the banked hairpin at Lake Maggiore.

I don't ever race on Blue Moon but I too, as per a few replies ago, have noticed the static flags at Dragon Trail seaside. It is a bit weird how they've set the animation activation point so close. Its not so noticable when racing, but it jumps out at you during rolling starts.

Also, the LOD for cars seems to switch far too close although some cars are far more noticable than others. Like the rear "window" on the Gr.3 M6 switches been opaque and transparent!

I personally think GT Sport has the best graphics of any console driving game. Not that its flashy at all but its a real pleasing realistic looking game.

I feel that one must take into account that this console is 5yrs old and it has sub 2 teraflops and the gpu would have made a very very mediocre PC 5yrs ago too. What partly saves things is the GDDR5 memory but that too is shared.

I expect little bits of oddness like pop ups especially in non critical things like mirrors.

I'm a bit unimpressed with half steps like the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X... I feel that these will be thought of as curios come 2021/2 etc. when the true next gen arrives.

Looking in the rear view mirror while racing, it does look a little like Pole Position, but seriously, turning signals, Headlights, hand animations. The only thing I can only complain about is the chopped car count.

Absolutely. ‘Night Driver’ and ‘Indy 500’

I had Intellivision and it didn't look much better.

43584-pole-position-intellivision-screenshot-racing.gif

The draw distance had issues for sure. I run 1080p on my Pro in framerate mode and the draw distance is as good as it gets.

I can deal with tree pop ups. The game offers one of the best racing experiences despite that. When you are near the end of the long straight on the Norschleife and can see the headlights of the drivers way back who just came onto the straight...man that is absolutely amazing.

That would probably be me, way in the back! Haha :lol::lol:

I really need to post videos to proove this ****

At brands hatch for example, on the main strait, the buildings just pop up on the left side like a laola wave in a football stadium. It's really annoying and I'm not sure if HDR is the issue, or the game itself...
And I cant be the only one. Those pop ups werent as bad in older games. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to post videos to proove this ****

At brands hatch for example, on the main strait, the buildings just pop up on the left side like a laola wave in a football stadium. It's really annoying and I'm not sure if HDR is the issue, or the game itself...
And I cant be the only one. Those pop ups werent as bad in older games. :rolleyes:

I suspect you are the only one

CJ

I think the problem on Turn 1 at Brands Hatch is that your attention is normally to the right as this is the most critical corner in the track so few people will be looking for pop in on the left when its about to go WW3 on the right.

I dont discount your observations at all, its just 99% of us are preoccupied with other pressing matters.

Latest Posts

Back