Populuxe Cowboy's Copacetic Beach Shack and Photomode Outpost

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 96 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
So for my first FH3 photoset, I thought I'd start with all the barn find cars. At first I was just taking the same photos I've always been taking, then I decided to try some new ideas, especially long distance photography to really highlight the scenery. Let's see how it turned out, shall we? Edit: and since this is about the barn finds, I'll spoiler tag it for now.

Last edited:
Just collecting up a bunch of photos from around the forum.

For the 1972 Reliant Supervan III I went with the vintage filter, desaturating the photo to make it look like it was from the 1970s of a prospector in his Reliant working in the outback. For the Ford, I went with black and white to make it look like a contemporaneous photo of a new 1940 Ford in Australia.

1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe

Two Zagato-bodied cars, and a Warthog.
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato

1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST

I've decided to have some fun with American customs, but first, a 2014 Ford Ranger T6 Rally Raid truck under a waterfall.

1949 Mercury Coupe

1958 Plymouth Fury

Last night I decided to change my avatar in the game. None of them look like me, and if we're going to be forced to photograph the driver when shooting open-top cars, then I should at least have someone worth looking at driving my cars. In that vein, I am proud to announce the newest driver for Team Populuxe, recording star, singer, songwriter, musician, producer, actor and now championship winning race driver, Janelle Monáe.

Getting the S14 and the 100,000 skill chain wasn't hard at all, but acing three drift zones took me a couple hours.

I forgot to take a pic of it in the auction house, but I just won this Mini HE for the minimum 400k credits. So have a pic of it racing a train instead.

I always liked the original wheels on the 1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Rallye 1.6 HF so I took advantage of the wheel size glitch to make them 16 inches instead of the original 13 inches.

Some sand dune hopping in my 2015 Alumi Craft Class 10 race car.

I managed to get my Maloo stuck in the back of a lorry at the construction site. I was trying to jump it using the dirt pile in the background, but got my timing off. Hooray for the Y button!

1987 Ferrari F40 with a little help from my friends.

Last edited:
211 mph in my big red recliner.

29495627673_af84051b91_c.jpg

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Last edited:
I took my rally-prepped XR2 out to Ormiston Gorge for some photography.
I love that place. There are so many different different ways to show off your car out there. Also, there are dingoes.

1981 Ford Fiesta XR2

Last edited:
First off, the prize of the evening.

1994 Nissan Silvia K's (S14)

Next, I took advantage of the Forzathon sale.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

1992 Honda NSX-R (color courtesy of @Heldenzeit)

1998 Toyota Supra RZ

And then I caught this little bunny out in the desert.

2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R Horizon Edition (S15). It's the first time I've seen this car in the game. Anyone else come across it yet?

Last edited:
Today was Japanese Day at the Wayback Machine.

1973 Toyota Corolla SR5

1966 Nissan Silvia

1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432

1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R

1970 Datsun 510

Last edited:
1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export.
The flowers are inspired by Japanese artist Takashi Murakami who works in a style he calls "superflat."

Last edited:
Today was Ford vs. Holden Day.
1951 Holden 50-2106 FX Ute

1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III

1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350

1973 Ford XB Falcon GT

1974 Holden Sandman HQ panel van

1974 Holden Sandman HQ Ute

1977 Holden Torana A9X

1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV

2014 HSV GTS

2014 Chevy SS

2014 FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute

2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo

2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351

2015 Ford Falcon XR8

Last edited:
What a good and honest gallery this is. No crazy editing, just appreciation for cars, (digital) nature, and even art (Isetta set). While your gallery isn't the flashiest, or most advanced. I enjoy your approach, and often that's what means the most. 👍 This shot is a great display of what this game has to offer.

I agree with @Skython . Though, one thing you could do to improve your gallery is put your best image per post outside the spoiler tag to entice people to view the rest of your shots.

I love the Chrysler Valiant Charger E49. It's my favorite car in this game, just like the Lancia Fulvia was my favorite car in FH2. They were both cars that were long overdue in a top line racing game. So I had this idea to photograph the E49 in every beauty spot in the game. Between the main map and Blizzard Mountain, there are 18 beauty spots. The E49 comes in ten colors, so if I photograph each color twice, that's 20 photographs.

Wait, whut?

20 photographs. 18 beauty spots. My OCD can't handle that. Easy solution was to take a couple photographs in the Hot Wheels expansion which didn't come with any beauty spots. Existential crisis averted.

The first one is free. The rest you'll have to pay for by clicking on the spoiler button.

This is my new project: photograph every car in the game chronologically, from oldest to newest. That should keep me entertained for the next year while waiting for FH4. Let's start with 1932.

Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe

Last edited:

Chevrolet Corvette

Ferrari 500 Mondial

Maserati A6GCS/53 Pininfarina Berlinetta

Last edited:

Jaguar XK120 SE

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé

Last edited:

Hoonigan Chevrolet Bel Air

Porsche 550A Spyder

Last edited: