Porsche 991.2 GT3 Revealed

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 71 comments
I'd like to also drive my GT3 to and from the track, so a full on race car wouldn't cut it. I would also argue that the GT 911s were never meant to be discrete and 911s built to race don't need to look subtle but that doesn't mean I don't understand why some might want their GT3 to look like a normal 911. I definitely respect your opinion, I'm just on the other end of the spectrum, is all. :cheers:

Maybe it's my inner child but I've always fancied cars that look like they belong on a race track which you can also drive on the road. As silly as that may be to others looking like a total jack*** on the road.

👍

I'd have a Cayenne Turbo S (or V8 S diesel) to tow my GT3 Cup to track days.

That's why i've always preferred the GT3 over the GT3 RS. If you're going to spend all that time at the track with it, just get an ex-cup car and get the full-fat experience. I doubt any GT3 RS owner has no other 'daily' and the regular GT3 will make a more usable road car.

I think this might be just a bit too subtle. Keeping the duck-tail element of the wing/engine cover (like the all black GT3 RS above) would be ideal. I'd take mine as a targa too.

My BIL has a 991 GT3. It's actually pretty drivable as a daily - it rides very decently, and is reasonably quiet with the exhaust flap closed. But it's a clubsport, so all the space in the rear is wasted.

I'm sure Sharkwerks will have a ducktail for the .2 GT3 soon... they look awesome IMO.

Porsche only make the Targa in 4WD form now (along with the cab)... you can have one in base, S or GTS trim, but only with all wheels driven... one of my wife's dream cars.

Porsche only make the Targa in 4WD form now (along with the cab)... you can have one in base, S or GTS trim, but only with all wheels driven... one of my wife's dream cars.

I didn't realistically think they'd do it in Targa form. I've never lusted over targas or cabs before, but the 991 in targa form is very desirable. Must be getting old.

I didn't realistically think they'd do it in Targa form. I've never lusted over targas or cabs before, but the 991 in targa form is very desirable. Must be getting old.

The new targa is a thing of beauty.

A guy on PH just picked up his PTS Oak Green GTS Targa last weekend... stunning looking thing.

5OXk3RSX.jpg

2UAh3j8q.jpg

ps; I'd like a GT3T in Oak Green.

The new targa is a thing of beauty.

A guy on PH just picked up his PTS Oak Green GTS Targa last weekend... stunning looking thing.

5OXk3RSX.jpg

2UAh3j8q.jpg

ps; I'd like a GT3T in Oak Green.
That's a gorgeous colour, though I've never really liked the 991 Targa. I feel like the rear end treatment makes the car look much larger (and, in fairness, the 991 is not a small car) and less elegant than the coupe or the cabrio. It's a shame, since I do like the idea of a targa, and I really liked the 997 variant.

Just noticed on the Porsche website that you can't have the Touring package and the racing bucket seats in North America, it's one or the other and you're stuck with the "basic" sports seats if you opt for the T... Which makes sense because it's supposed to be a softer, more usable GT3, but still, I'd rather have the carbon buckets, especially since it's an available option in Europe.

Must be nice to be able to buy whatever car you want. :D
Not life changing but nice.

Back