Porsche, RUF and GT5 - trying to figure out the legal situation

Do you really think you can change something with this thread, except to inform? It's an honorable move, yes indeed, but those big bosses who decide will never read this thread at about some private users. That's how Internet works.
Sure, PD knows that Porsche would have been a nice add on, but I really think that Kaz himself is not as keen on having Porsches in his game then let's say his own new real life car.

For example, when he bought a Ford GT, suddenly, this car became the new spearhead of GT4, later on, he bought a specific Mercedes... a digital version is now on every box art. Let's hope he will buy a Porsche soon, no joke!
And also, the reason why there are so many Skylines ingame, also no joke, he told this in the Apex book for GT3, his father owned a Skyline and he loved this car as a child. Later on he owned a GTR Skyline.

By the way, there is a rumor that PD once were trying to use licenced Porsche products in their games. Porsche was told and since then they boycott PD.
This is similar to what happened with the Lambo license. PD used the Nomad Diablo in the JP version of GT3, without Lambo license and this led to the cirmumstance that GT3 and GT4 were not allowed to have any Lambos in the EU at all. At that time, another company was also holding their license which was also a reason why the Nomad had to be removed from the EU version of GT3 and 4. They just didn't asked anybody.

Kazunori Yamauchi actually owns a Porsche. A 911 GT3. Here's the interview he did for Top Gear where he gave them the list of cars he own (Ford GT, a Porsche 911 GT3, a Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, and a Honda S2000 racing car and a Nissan R35 GTR): http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/kazunori-yamauchi-interview-gran-turismo-5?imageNo=1

frozzie
So why is it that T10 can have licence and not PD? Is it something to do with that PD are Japanese?

More like the fact the EA models are better than the T10 ones, why would EA 'sublet' the rights to Porsche knowing that the PD models would be far superior to what they could offer?

BTW, Ferrari is way more anal about their brand than Porsche is.

I wonder how much the Ferrari branded toliet seat manufacturers at the local flea market pay them in licence fees? :D

BTW, Ferrari is way more anal about their brand than Porsche is.

I wonder how much the Ferrari branded toliet seat manufacturers at the local flea market pay them in licence fees? :D

Probably nothing since it's most likely not an official product. I was at Ferrari's museum in Maranelo and they had almost everything Ferrari branded for sale. Cuff-links to ties, paper to pencils, they even had their own 'brand' of coffee and wine. but toilet seats they did not! lol

Probably nothing since it's most likely not an official product. I was at Ferrari's museum in Maranelo and they had almost everything Ferrari branded for sale. Cuff-links to ties, paper to pencils, they even had their own 'brand' of coffee and wine. but toilet seats they did not! lol

Haha, I guess they don't want anyone to crap in/on their products. :P

I think Porsches would be a good addition to the series, but I'm not too bothered about them not being included. Goodness knows why PD didn't expand on their RUF license though :confused:

I like JDM cars, so I can survive with the GT5 car list :)

Back