Porsche the big colaboration with PD... what's next??

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 294 comments
RUI
I'm sure we'll get older Porsches down the line... They're the ones I prefer too.
But people have to realize that Porsche won't have much interest in that; they'll want to see their new stuff! (And PD has to deal with it with diplomacy...)
This seems to be PD's great opportunity to have many Porsche in the game as possible, since the previous titles didn't highlight the brand at all, just RUF filling the spot with older models instead.

I think this is also one of the main reasons why many players here like GT Sport, because of Porsche's presence in the game.

I thought that PD, Kaz anticipated the EA Porsche license to expire, and they were already working on modelling Porsches years ago...

since Porsche is one of desirable brands, one would think PD has a few cars and modeled ready for release, more than what they are currently offering....

Throwing shades at Kaz...

I stand corrected...
The fact that Kaz and Porsche management are standing side by side is a clear evidence that the two companies are actively collaborating, Porsche giving preferred treatment to GT over all and any other game/sim developers....

Even when EA had exclusive license with Porsche, there was no such thing that I know of...

👍👍👍:cheers:

Definitely good for PD, GT and all of us here !! :gtpflag:

A well timed reminder that there were other "Porsches" in Gran Turismo games of the past...

I hope Kaz sees this and remembers too :drool:. Would love to see the return of the "Group C Turbo Ruf in GT Sport" to drive in parade with the 80s 911.

Plus it's an enjoyable watch. Mr Ruf appears to be so modest and genuine. How does a man like that make such a beast :bowdown:

I'm actually wanted that beast from Project Cars with GT planet livery.

project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-9.jpg

While it is another passing month without any of the missing iconic series race cars arriving, I am looking forward to trying the Jaguar VGT and RUF CTR3. They should be terrific additions. It is nice to see RUF return to GT.

As far as I know the only "missing" generations of 911 now are the original one, the 964 and the current-gen 992.

For the classic 911 I have a feeling they'll either add the road-going 911 Carrera RS or the racing version, the 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 (some might recognize this car as the car that was ungodly OP for three straight Need for Speed games).

Yes F40 + 959 + Yellowbird= best of the late 80s.

Oh yes, that would be something! I'd like to see some of the front engine models as well. They don't get much love in games. Last Porshe I ever wanna see in a game is that new 992 giant toad, or Panamera Coupe as it more rightfully should be called. They've totally lost all sense of proportion with the 911 series. It is supposed to be a sports car and not GT car.

Looking forward to see what comes next. 928? 944? 968? The game is coming alive with the recent additions
4765376859857747988_0.jpg
I love the fact that all these cars handle, sound and feel different - despite the fact they're all rear engined and rear wheel drive. But they all offer an involved and fun driving experience that no other brand can provide. PD have done all of these cars justice.

i think we need a 964 twin turbo 3.6 will smiff edition. And a Cayman GT4 say N400.

I do also think that we should have some of that classic era 911 GT1 and the CLK GTR mark webber edition.

I would add that all these porsches you like, they do well to add these cars and then add events for them... eg. 911 GT1 vs CLK GTR leagues.

And the appropriate F40 vs 959 thing... maybe whatever the Carrera GT should be going up against.

Its not much use to add the 911 GT1 to Gr.1 and leave it at that as it just becomes a backmarker in the Gr1 races.

i think we need a 964 twin turbo 3.6 will smiff edition.
From Bad Boys? Was a 993?

They should do a 928, seems a suitable leftfield choice for PD. And then people can play Chase HQ like they seem to in any case but with the right car this time

Back