Porsche's Contract With EA

How much would you pay for GT7 To Get Sub-License for PDI to add Porsche's To Gran Turismo 7?

• I'm PORSCHE CRAZY! I would Pay $89.00 For GT7 to Get Sub-License From EA to add Porsche to the game!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Time out. Wasn't there a Porsche 917 in a GT Sport trailer?

...Where? You mean, from that Copperbox reveal trailer? I thought that was one of those generic images depicting the glory of the yesteryears.

...Where? You mean, from that Copperbox reveal trailer? I thought that was one of those generic images depicting the glory of the yesteryears.

That's all it was, yes.

There have also been Porsche ads in previous GT games (IIRC, at La Sarthe for one), so I'm really not sure why anybody thinks a glimpse of a Porsche racing team in the background of a single shot is any more confirmation of the marque's inclusion than any of the previous "hints".

That's all it was, yes.

There have also been Porsche ads in previous GT games (IIRC, at La Sarthe for one), so I'm really not sure why anybody thinks a glimpse of a Porsche racing team in the background of a single shot is any more confirmation of the marque's inclusion than any of the previous "hints".

...One word: Hope.

Or should that be hype instead? Huh. Whatever the case may be, it just goes to show how many of us want Porsches in our favorite games.

I was gonna say desperation, though Hope is also in itself desperate enough considering how many times people clinged on the smallest nonsensical thing as "a Sign".

There was also in that video, multi class cars racing together. I think tat has changed too. Why?

There was also in that video, multi class cars racing together. I think tat has changed too. Why?

...The best excuse I can think of, is this: what we saw in Copperbox trailer was actually cobbled together with what PDI had at that moment, which was bare-bones, to say the least. So, in order to make a compelling trailer, they threw in almost everything they had, one of them being the multi-class racing bit.

Dunno whether that aspect would survive till the final product or not, though. If we can't see it anymore in the recent trailers, then well, it might the case of a resounding no, it hasn't. But hell, who knows what's cooking inside PDI's collective brains? I sure don't.

...The best excuse I can think of, is this: what we saw in Copperbox trailer was actually cobbled together with what PDI had at that moment, which was bare-bones, to say the least. So, in order to make a compelling trailer, they threw in almost everything they had, one of them being the multi-class racing bit.

Dunno whether that aspect would survive till the final product or not, though. If we can't see it anymore in the recent trailers, then well, it might the case of a resounding no, it hasn't. But hell, who knows what's cooking inside PDI's collective brains? I sure don't.
Same about the Porsche clips. Yes?

Senna content may just be some photos attached to historical Motorsport facts. Could be, Senna is referenced in helping develop the NSX and that is recorded in info about the '17 NSX. Senna owned a Porsche as well. :sly:

Any way, we're still waiting for any info if there are any talks with Porsche.

Since I joined GTPlanet in 2003, one thing people complained about was how the series lacked a manufacturer like Porsche. I joined here in the development of Gran Turismo 4. So imagine the ones who decided to support Forza Motorsport 1 instead of GT4 because of the lack of companies like Porsche. With this news of Porsche potentially being in more games, this does open up some new opportunities for Porsche to finally debut in the series. I even though about this topic when I recently blogged about Porsche being in other games.

Don't get me wrong- I love Porsche. Actually, as much as I love Ferrari, I admit I am loving and appreciating Porsche more than I ever have. The success of a Gran Turismo game is not predicated on whatever car companies are in the game. Gran Turismo doesn't need Porsche. However, its inclusion would vastly help. I am not going to ever buy a GT game just to race certain cars of a certain company. It won't be much different with GT7 or any other future/developing GT title to see Porsche. If I know Polyphony Digital the way I think I know them, they will not have a tough time trying to include as many Porsche models as possible. At least the popular and iconic Porsche models should be can't miss. At least one 911, at least one 962C, the 917, the 924, the 928, the 959 (road-going and Dakar Rally versions), and perhaps even models like the Cayman and Boxster would suffice. They could even add the 918 Spyder and the 919 Hybrid. Maybe PD thinks oddball and decides to include the Panamera and the Cayenne (and maybe the new Macan as well).

Plenty of room for speculation. Wow... that was some old school JohnBM01 here- speculating on GT with an interesting topic! :)

"Wolfgang Porsche, chairman of Porsche SE, center, looks on as Martin Winterkorn, chief executive officer of Volkswagen AG, left, shanks hands with Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital, during the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show in Frankfurt, Germany, on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2015"

I hope they made a deal:bowdown:

I hope so too. May have been in the works. Wonder if they were able to start modelling.

I hope so too. May have been in the works. Wonder if they were able to start modelling.

Given that this was taken just a month before the GT SPORT reveal, and also the trailer began showcasing a Porsche. PD could be teasing Porsche but are just saving it till the end.

Given that this was taken just a month before the GT SPORT reveal, and also the trailer began showcasing a Porsche. PD could be teasing Porsche but are just saving it till the end.
I haven't seen anything other than the "Porsche Manthey-Racing" vehicle trailer , in the photo posted some pages up.

As much as I've posted about speculating Porsche, I'll find out if it's to be or not to be, like everyone else.

Guess who's coming to another non-EA title?

The surprise shouldn't be that it's coming to a non-EA title, cause EA and Porsche aren't exclusive. The worry was (and I too was curious myself) that Kunos would be potentially the newest exclusive. Thought with what Porsche said about the previous deal and their intent, it's not surprising to see others. I expected iRacing and perhaps PCars to get these before we ever heard news of it coming to GT. It's a great day for people who play IRacing that's for sure.

Even if GT added Porsche, Kaz would say they had 15 Porsches in the game but, the car list would probably look something like this.
1955 Porsche 356
1975 Porsche 914
1986 Porsche 928 S
1987 Porsche 928 S4
1988 Porsche 944
1988 Porsche 944 turbo
1988 Porsche 944 turbo w/ CD player
2005 Porsche 911
2005 Porsche 911 Carrera
2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S
2005 Porsche 911 turbo
2005 Porsche 911 turbo w/ wing
2005 Porsche 911 turbo right hand drive
2005 Porsche 911 turbo wood grain shift knob edition
2005 Porsche 911 turbo w/ ass massager

2005 Porsche 911 turbo w/ ass massager

...Really now? Man, that's one tired joke. Can we move on, now?

5328b26c2808fd0a23692998ee6b882139113431fab0ee1c710c486a1f167f5f.gif

IF Porsche were to appear in GTS, based on the current car list and scope, I think the most realistic expectation would be:

2016 919 Hybrid LMP
2016 911 GT3 R
Whichever road car Porsche want to include that can also be a Gr.4. Probably the 718 Cayman, since there is a real GT4 one.

I wouldn't expect anything else. Maybe a road 911.

I'm just glad the ***** at EA finally let Porsche go so other people could enjoy them without having to either buy a boring Ghost-developed NFS game or pay for DLC a la Forza 6.

IF Porsche were to appear in GTS, based on the current car list and scope, I think the most realistic expectation would be:

2016 919 Hybrid LMP
2016 911 GT3 R
Whichever road car Porsche want to include that can also be a Gr.4. Probably the 718 Cayman, since there is a real GT4 one.

I wouldn't expect anything else. Maybe a road 911.

I'd add the 918 too; looking at the current car list, the LaFerrari really doesn't have any competition.

I have an issue with the 919 being added; the fact that the rest of the LMP types are so "old", the 919 would either be above and beyond, one of the best LMP's in the whole game, or it'd be BOP'd to the levels of the R18/TS030/908, which Porsche probably wouldn't be happy about.

I'd add the 918 too; looking at the current car list, the LaFerrari really doesn't have any competition.

I have an issue with the 919 being added; the fact that the rest of the LMP types are so "old", the 919 would either be above and beyond, one of the best LMP's in the whole game, or it'd be BOP'd to the levels of the R18/TS030/908, which Porsche probably wouldn't be happy about.

918 is feasible, sure. I agree with the 919 as well, I mentioned that somewhere else this was being talked about. It would have to be balanced and as you say Porsche, or rather VAG as a whole, aren't going to want it seem like their 2016 Porsche is a similar performance to the 2011 Audi. The solution would be to remove the Audi, or rather replace it with the latest R18, but they would have no control over the Pug or Toyota. Would PD remove them because VAG asked them to? Probably not.

Then again look how Porsche were used in NFS, they may not care. I think they need the Porsche LMP though, Gr.1 is pretty thin as it is.

The 919 gets balanced with the non-hybrid LMP's in Forza so I doubt they have a problem with it (yes, I know Forza doesn't have any of the hybrids done accurately).

It isn't like they haven't been messing with LMP and LMP-esque cars since GT3 to try and fake balance them anyway. The main hope we can have is that they do it in a somewhat realistic way instead of just the simple power multiplier they've used since GT4.

I'd think they'd put a 718 & 911 with the 919. We've had the Ruf 3800 & RGT. PD would dupe them anyway: 911 Gr.N/Gr.3/Gr.B, 718 Gr.N/Gr.4/Gr.B

The 919 gets balanced with the non-hybrid LMP's in Forza so I doubt they have a problem with it (yes, I know Forza doesn't have any of the hybrids done accurately).
The Nissan GT500 is in the same league than GT3-GTE cars... a game design choice.

Back