Portable Sim-Racing Setup (GT DD Pro + NLR WS 2.0)

• Thread starter qudek
  • 3 comments
Croatia
Norway
Hi all, brand new here. :)
I need some of you who have sim-racing equipment to help me out a bit.

The setup I'm thinking about is the GT DD Pro bundle (GT Wheel + CSL pedals + load cell upgrade + boost kit) with the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0.

1) First of all, does anyone have such a setup, I would love if someone can send the dimensions when folded, because that's my main concern. I live with my girlfriend and she is not really happy about the wheel stuff, it would be great if I can fold it and tuck it away somewhere.

2) Second thing, do I need a shifter, also take into account the mounting arm and the size change because of it.

3) Is there a better wheel stand, more portable or more foldable?

Thanks for the info. 🏎️

The load cell requires a lot of force so you'd need to wedge the wheel stand against something or find a way to hold it in place. It'll just slide away from you every time you push the brake otherwise.
I've got my DD Pro & L/C set up on a Playseat Challenge (I can fold it up and put in the corner) but I've had to add bracing to that to stop flex even with the standard power supply and added a new pedal deck to cope with the load cell.
I don't have a shifter as I can't see the point personally.

Last edited:
So from what I understand, there are not many options out there that are compact/foldable that support DD wheels? I've read from many that you can loose a lot of feedback from the wheel due to rig flexing, is that something I need to pay attention to?

The CSL DD is heavy and the way I had to mount it on the Playseat meant there was quite a bit of flex, partly from the design of the seat but also the force feedback. It would have been worse if I had the boost kit. I got some 3d printed braces and it's much better so definitely something to bear in mind. You can see what I've done to brace mine from the pic.

V0iRv2F.jpg

Back