Positive Camber Angle

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 8 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Mr.Yamauchi why we can to adjust negative camber angle,but we are not able to adjust positive camber angle?
This is the most effective way if you want to reduce the rear end grip.

M-Camber-1.jpg

why not just use excessive -ve camber,

as the suspension compresses you'll get even more -ve camber and even less grip

why not just use excessive -ve camber,

as the suspension compresses you'll get even more -ve camber and even less grip
It's not the same.
I can not achieve a lift off oversteer in mid corner with negative camber angle even at 10.0,with positive camber angle this will be possible.

Car? tyres? race style?
Why do you want mid-corner lift-off OS? by then you're touching the apex and should be on the power..

Car? tyres? race style?
Why do you want mid-corner lift-off OS? by then you're touching the apex and should be on the power..
Here's the car and tires.
Now I have to put tires with less traction in the back if I want to reduce the rear and grip and change the car balance.

If you use +ve camber when the car is stationary,
as the suspension compresses under load, it will zero out the camber anyway.

Surely stiffer rear springs, LSD settings, ballast weight and roll-bar adjustments will loosen the rear end

the question is why do you want to remove so much grip on a race-car..?

Surely stiffer rear springs, LSD settings, ballast weight and roll-bar adjustments will loosen the rear end

Stiffer rear springs,LSD settings and roll-bar will not remove understeer on the limit in mid corner.
The only thing that will remove understeer on the limit in mid corner is ballast,but with Nissan Calsonic GT-R I will have to put 150kg to get the same effect as one degree less grip tires in the back.

the question is why do you want to remove so much grip on a race-car..?

It is not olny that car,there are many cars that have to much understeer in mid corner,and with suspension,LSD settings
I can not remove it,this is why I need positive camber angle to be adjustable.

Back