Positive Hacking/Modding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LtLeadFarmer
  • 3 comments
  • 680 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
286
Messages
LtLeadFarmer
Just wondering what the communities thoughts are on "positive" hacking. Why I call it that is because this is reasonable, realistic mods. Such as giving a car that can only have 300hp stock, 700hp like a real life modification. Or a GTR with 1500hp like an AMS Alpha 12. So basically nothing obscene. Another example would be FRS or GT86 with 500-600hp. All reasonable and you ASK THE LOBBY HOST before using them. Thoughts?



EDIT I AM MOVING THIS THREAD TO ANOTHER LOCATION< COMMENT THERE IF POSSIBLE PLEASE
 
Who defines 'reason'? Without accurate mods and horsepower than can translate into real life replica situations, like an LS1 into an E46 ///M3, and governing those cars online, there's no reason to allow hybrid cars into a competitive lobby.
There will be nothing fair about how the hacked cars are set up to compete. It's fun as heck to drive a close-to-real life replica, but that's the extent of it.

This and this thread should pretty much cover any opinion based on your question.
 
So what are your thoughts upon making them for personal joy, and friend races?
 
I was in an on-line lobby saturday, and I experienced first hand the un-competative nature of Hacked Cars.
I was in a Veyron (natch) and had no clue about what would unfold, to this day I`m not sure.
So I leave the start line in first place, I see two cars on the map behind me, then I see this cloud of tire dust and pavement marks go by. Before I reached the first timing mark, this was SSRX, I was 12 seconds behind them, then 28, 45, 1min 10sec. I finally lost the race at least 1min 30sec behind first, that`s because the race timer stopped and I think the guys were crashing along the way.
I tried to record the replay, but got kicked before it saved.
I still don`t know what happened, and my Bugatti is still in shock...:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back