Positive things about GT5.

• Thread starter Leonidae
  • 85 comments
Any news is good news for me.

The fact that the game will have around 1000 plus cars (I'm sure there will be one or two extra cars thrown in) exceeds my expectations. To be honest I had my doubts since playing GT5:P, as the level of detail was insane but it looks like Kaz has done it again.

As far as damage is concerned I care more about actual parts of the car (IE: steering, suspension, brakes etc) taking damage when crashed rather than cosmetic damage.
even if the cosmetic damage is only for the Nascar, Rally & Race Cars I don't mind. At the end of the day the aim of racing is to achieve 1st, 2nd or 3rd place without completely trashing your car. Accidents DO happen but when your racing to win, driving clean and fast is your best chance. That means no bumper cars! 👎

60 tracks or 20?
Seeing as there were 51 tracks in GT4 (at least according to the back of the box) I think that 60 seems more plausible. Heck there might even be more than that. In any case, I know that the tracks from GT4 were more than enough.

Overall I'm pleased with the amount of things that have been added since GT4, namely:

-Ferrari
-Lamborghini
-Bugatti
-Cockpit view
-1000 cars
-Nascar & WRC license
-Point to point rallying
-18 cars at once
-Damage

There are a lot of other things that have yet to be announced and I have a feeling that Kazunori is saving some of the best stuff for last (last being the Tokyo Games Show next month 👍)

from the video you have posted, at 1.08, i can see the driver moving his legs on the pedals.. cool!
There is also visible paint scarring in a few scenes. This game is going to be simply amazing...

In addition to having these kinds of views on Gran Turismo 5, another positive thing I think people need to have is to have more hope than expectations. Yeah, we've waited a long while. But for some people, taking so long to make a game means that it has to really show that progress. And if a game is taking too long with very little progress, then most fans will be hateful. I'm understanding of GT5 taking so long just trying to get everything right or as close to right as possible. So that's why I am not as hateful as when so much time passes and people think GT5 is just moping along at a mediocre pace.

Again, Gran Turismo 5 will NOT be the next Duke Nukem Forever. Some just have no patience.

I just can't wait to get into one of the LMP1 cars, just imagine the view from inside this thing for instance !!!!

I only had about 40 cars in GT4, but having the cockpit view is encouraging me to attain more in GT5P, in GT4 you could have been driving anything if you were using the bumper cam, now you "actually" see a difference apart from performance by driving a different car in cockpit view, awesome, can't wait !

I just noticed someone say 20 tracks? where the hell did that number come from? GT5P has 6 already !!!

IMG0001.JPG

Last edited:

My friend, you have not lived on the virtual edge until you have driven that car(or any of the Group C cars) around the ring with no Aids and the power all the way up. What a rush.

My friend, you have not lived on the virtual edge until you have driven that car(or any of the Group C cars) around the ring with no Aids and the power all the way up. What a rush.

Where do you think I got the picture from? :)

Hahahaha, I meant in GT4, guys. Thats why I quoted the post with the picture. If I had any sort of inside scoop on GT5(which is pratically impossible for me to do:indiff:), I would tell you, assuming I don't get killed before I turned on the laptop.

1. 1,000 cars
2. 1,000 cock-pit views (still unclear)
3. Lamborghini and Bugatti inferred to appear.
4. Online voice chat/private races.
5. Online championships.

I'm 100% satisfied if the 2nd point is true, all cars have cockpit views, I demand no more, if not surely i'm gonna be a bit disappointed.

dont know if anyone picked up on this but, i realised the headlights on the scooby are switched on and look very realistic, even the reflection on the headlight lens is accurate...

image_gran_turismo_5-11403-1865_0001.jpg

definitley a positive for me, highlights the high depth of detail, can't wait to see HID headlights at night time, will look amazing if this is anything to go by

Agreed, PD's anal attention to detail for headlights makes them look damn near real (headlights that is).

Unfortunately, IMO, the detail breaks down too quickly and the reas of the car just doesn't look right.

Honestly, I think those rims look so PS2/Xbox 1...

the headlights are honestly like nothing i've seen before, you can even see the rays of light emitting from the bulb onto the plastic cover, what a sight!

They're in motion with the speedy overlay (so the wheels spinning don't conflict with TV refresh rate), slow down or stop and they look fine.

Looking at the tires on the Impreza in the GC demo, I'm hoping that when buying different tires for cars, they'll now show up on the wheels. This will make me very very happy :)

wow, love the pedal movements

Agreed, PD's anal attention to detail for headlights makes them look damn near real (headlights that is).

Unfortunately, IMO, the detail breaks down too quickly and the reas of the car just doesn't look right.

agree 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot what is was like to actually buy tires, lol. I cant wait to NOT run R3's because I dont have enough money... now thats realistic- not having enough money!

I know! The good old days of "GT mode" are SOO far in the past that I forget just how much we're missing in Prologue.

not to mention oil changes, buying rims etc.. oh well, soon we shall see what GT5 will bring to the table.

^Things will probably make a come back. Now with damage in the equation, I can see GT Auto having a repair shop in it as well. GT Auto: Your one stop shop for all your vehicular needs!!

indeed.. and if they're going to be somewhat realistic with the damage, I certainly want the repair shop to be just as expensive as the real one. That should at least hinder the punters a bit,, the thought of using the expensive CF-coated racecar as wrecking ball, knowing that most of the possibly won money will go to the repairs. And even better would be, if the chassis would accumulate the damage until it would be so badly worn out that it couldn't be salvaged anymore.

-weather
-tracks
-1000 cars
-night racing
-different racing categories ( rally, nascar, etc)
-highly detailed graphics
-good career mode ( car wash, oil change, licenses)

plenty more to come once it's out in november or so

....when they say "oil change", for the more extreme cars/high powered/track cars, they should require you to do ENGINE (and other parts I guess) REBUILDS, which is obviously more costly than a little oil change....and makes more sense.

I wish that damage could be done to engines, so lets say if you're a player who uses manual shift and you regularly hit rpm limiter, this would obviously in-turn abuse your motor and it's components........I'd much rather this sort of realistic damage instead of chassis or external damage!

Back