Positive Vibes

• Thread starter MightyL
  • 126 comments
I'm talking about Lamborghinis, they drift every corner and spin out easily no matter what tires I use. I really doubt a Lamborghini handles that bad in real life.
Actually Lamborghinis have been quite well known for attempted murder everytime somebody pushes them hard in turns until recently.

If you're using a DS3 they can be quite a handfull but on a wheel using a little throttle while braking and turning goes a LONG way to stabilze and tame almost any MR in the game. From what I understand this is the same IRL so I also don't believe it's the game. Analyze your lines and just for grins put on CS and ABS 0 then drive around the ring until you can do it without spinning out. It'll teach you alot about slip angles and weight transfer and that will translate into ANY other car you drive.

Just my $0.02 👍

Back on topic, I still love GT6 but this historically self proclaimed "GT Fanboy" is finally bored and upset from lack of communication. Looking everyday in hopes of some new information even as simple as "hey look we changed the background color in the pre-race screen" has gotten really, really old. Any scrap of info from PD would make me really happy again.

We wouldn't need to keep going round in circles if you'd stop posting your negativity in a thread called positive vibes.
The OP opened the door with his original post. Instead of just being positive about the game, he phrased it in such a way as to invite discussion about all the negativity in the game. A better worded OP would have yielded a different result.

We wouldn't need to keep going round in circles if you'd stop posting your negativity in a thread called positive vibes.

Geez, all I did was disagree with one point in the OP's post and explained why, and I'm being accussed of spreading negativity. I think you might want to remove that "negativity" bit and replace it with "differing opinion", because that's all I did. Please show me in this thread where I'm telling the OP they're wrong for trying to enjoy GT6. (Disclaimer: I enjoy GT6 too!) There's your negativity if you want it.

This is an internet forum, and discussion would go nowhere if everyone thought the same. Instead, we would all just be repeating ourselves. It doesn't matter what the thread is called or what it's about. If someone posts something that contradicts what you think, you're allowed to post why you disagree, as long as you don't attack the person. I think you're living in a fantasy if you expect people here to praise GT and nothing else.

Anyway, I'm already repeating myself, which is a good sign that this doesn't need to continue. Reply to this if you want. I'm not going to even read it.

Guys,

let me be one of the ones trying to inject some positivity into the GT6 experience.

I don't get it really. What is all the negativity about? Yes there are things that definitely could go better in the development and communication of the latest GT installment but look at what we get! and for what price! first of all:

to me GT6 is a totally different experience than GT5. How they changed the physics makes me enjoy driving with every single car so much more. The response, the feel of the weight n suspension, the limits of grip,... only for this change to me, buying the new game is worth it. Isn't that what the game is all about since the very beginning? the difference in experience between all those amazing vehicles and how we can have a great time by trying to unleash and at the same time control those beasts?

let's talk about the gaming experience. Yes, the career mode is a quick fix. the AI is nothing. the challenge is none. true. so what? who cares? my son is 8, he seems to like it... and for me, there is online. I ve joined this truly amazing GT6 community with guys that are into the same clean and ultra real driving experience and we are driving/competing together for hours and hours, which makes me want to improve my performance so i go try beat my ghost in arcade mode. There are so many GT clubs out by now. Just find your fit and enjoy!

Oh the online experience isn't smooth? people can't join or get kicked? we've just run a 6 weeks championship. people from the UK, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, all together. Yes we had some issues (which are often related to the setting of the home router) but still we were able to run the race every week. We even did some races with US guys in the same room. Yes it happens that it s difficult but instead of focusing on that, we focus on what is there. So many great races. And we ask PD kindly to keep working on it, keep searching for solutions to make it all better. And I'm sure they are working their asses off to do so.

look what they did guys: look at every single track in the game. how they got the atmosphere right. look at mount panorama. brands hatch. almost all of the most exciting circuits all over the planet are here together.

what is the problem with car duplicates in the game? whatever, does that matter? if you don't want to use them, just don't buy them. I like to experience or try to experience the difference between a '89 or '91 mx-5. I like to experience the evolution a brand makes when adding another update to a certain car. To me it adds depth.

I've played GT6 for about 200 hours by now. At €75 that's one hell of a cheap hobby. Imagine you going to 100 movies of 2hrs length, that would cost me like €700. every update they made till now has been for free! and more is coming.
What are people complaining about we only had 1 VGT? lucky us! that means we'll possibly have a lot more. the slowness adds to the durability and excitement. not the immediate consumption of the excitement and then getting bored but the long term excitement of looking forward to maybe be able to drive a creation a complete team of the best people on the globe have been working of for weeks! Are you guys aware of what they are actually doing? For each brand, there is a whole team of top engineers and designers working their soul out their body to come up with a truly unique concept, ready for the future and we can experience that! this is body and soul united and I love it.

I don't get the negativity. really. I'm enjoying this game to the max and I'm eagerly looking forward to more enhancements they make to the game.

Go ahead PD, don't give up at delivering even more stunning updates and products! we appreciate what you are doing.
"There are things that definitely could go better", "career mode is a quick fix", "AI is nothing", "challenge is none", "my son is 8, he seems to like it", "yes we had some issues", "it happens that is difficult", "we ask PD [..] to make it all better", "we only had 1 VGT [..] slowness".

But who cares and I don't get the negativity of others.

What a positive post indeed! Good vibes!

GT6 is crap but I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geiko. There, positivity.

And your point is?

That he's happy.

As a general point to everyone, if people just had respect for others' differing opinions and showed it in their posts most flare ups would not happen. Of course that sometimes requires extra effort to be pleasant when writing and also how we interpret other people's posts.

There, the world is at one.

And something that I also love of this game is the photo travel and race photo mode, you can spend hours just taking photos, you must dump a lot of photos that do not pass your quality check, but then realize that the cars and game itself is next-gen ready...

City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

Goodwood Hillclimb_2.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_2.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1 (2).jpg

Actually Lamborghinis have been quite well known for attempted murder everytime somebody pushes them hard in turns until recently.

If you're using a DS3 they can be quite a handfull but on a wheel using a little throttle while braking and turning goes a LONG way to stabilze and tame almost any MR in the game. From what I understand this is the same IRL so I also don't believe it's the game. Analyze your lines and just for grins put on CS and ABS 0 then drive around the ring until you can do it without spinning out. It'll teach you alot about slip angles and weight transfer and that will translate into ANY other car you drive.

Just my $0.02 👍

Back on topic, I still love GT6 but this historically self proclaimed "GT Fanboy" is finally bored and upset from lack of communication. Looking everyday in hopes of some new information even as simple as "hey look we changed the background color in the pre-race screen" has gotten really, really old. Any scrap of info from PD would make me really happy again.
yeah last time I checked Lambos were nutter cars and Ferraris were for the scientists.

TWO LFAs and you dare question their unquestionable magnificence? Especially when in presence of the original and irreplacable Toyota 2000GT?

Clearly you are a non-believer and therefore not worth my time.
No, I thought you were trying to point out a problem or negative point.

Misunderstanding of your post, that's all.

The "not worth my time" comment really wasn't needed. :irked:

"There are things that definitely could go better", "career mode is a quick fix", "AI is nothing", "challenge is none", "my son is 8, he seems to like it", "yes we had some issues", "it happens that is difficult", "we ask PD [..] to make it all better", "we only had 1 VGT [..] slowness".

But who cares and I don't get the negativity of others.

What a positive post indeed!

I think he gets the negativity of others. Maybe he thinks there's too much of it is all. 80% of GT6 is perfectly fine. Complaining so much about the other 20% seems like a bit too much to many. Sure a lot of the complaints are reasonable but there are just so many people with nothing but bad things to say. It's not constructive and the level of self entitlement with the "I want my update now" posts is just too much.

And some can say the optimists are deluding themselves but personally I think they see the bad things in GT6 and just work around them, patiently waiting for the updates that will eventually come.

I like this thread. This is a nice thread.

*walks off whistling Beach Boys song*

And something that I also love of this game is the photo travel and race photo mode, you can spend hours just taking photos, you must dump a lot of photos that do not pass your quality check, but then realize that the cars and game itself is next-gen ready...

View attachment 123904

View attachment 123905

View attachment 123901

View attachment 123902

View attachment 123903
I motion to follow THIS guy's lead & completely ignore negative posts in this thread :lol: 👍 As I've said, let's not feed & marvel over those who can't enjoy the game....This is OUR thread, let's keep it that way.

I think he gets the negativity of others. Maybe he thinks there's too much of it is all. 80% of GT6 is perfectly fine. Complaining so much about the other 20% seems like a bit too much to many. Sure a lot of the complaints are reasonable but there are just so many people with nothing but bad things to say. It's not constructive and the level of self entitlement with the "I want my update now" posts is just too much.

And some can say the optimists are deluding themselves but personally I think they see the bad things in GT6 and just work around them, patiently waiting for the updates that will eventually come.

I like this thread. This is a nice thread.

*walks off whistling Beach Boys song*
I can deal with the logical "negative" posts, but its the moronic posts. These random posts with no purpose or addition to the OP. (If anyone doubts it I'd be glad to point out a few just on the first page of the GT6 main forum). Then its like a new thread everyday on the same beef?

I think the saying goes a few bad apples spoil the bunch applies to the "negative" posts. It just amazes me that people want to spend the time and effort continuosly to beat a dead issue (or repeated issue for that matter.)

Edit-
Just read the above post, my bad!

I think he gets the negativity of others.
English is not my first language, but when the OP writes "I don't get the negativity. really.," I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you say it means.
It isn't a positive post at all. It's a "who cares about what others think, everybody should be like me" post. 62 people agreeing on "who cares" doesn't make it a positive thread.

English is not my first language, but when the OP writes "I don't get the negativity. really.," I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you say it means.
It isn't a positive post at all. It's a "who cares about what others think, everybody should be like me" post. 62 people agreeing on "who cares" doesn't make it a positive thread.
My interpretation of "I don't get the negativity" would be that by get he means feel that way. I don't think he doesn't care what others think. To the contrary I think he cared so much he wanted to sway you or have you see things his way.

By "you" I mean the reader.

But the debate has now monstered (is that a word?) from PD issues to who is complaining about who isnt complaining and vice versa. And now that has turned into either you are on one side or another. So now every (not every but the conflicting) thread has these "feelings" attatched to it and it goes into who knows more, my idea is better than yours, and I can crack a smarter comment than you. Hell, I've done it myself! I think all parties can agree that it gets tiresome sorting ("positive" and "negative") through these types of disagreements within certain threads...

My interpretation of "I don't get the negativity" would be that by get he means feel that way. I don't think he doesn't care what others think. To the contrary I think he cared so much he wanted to sway you or have you see things his way.

By "you" I mean the reader.

My take on it is that he simply wanted to create a place where people who enjoy the game can hang out, while expressing that he doesn't understand why there's so much hatred for GT6 around here. Neither do I, TBH.

I think all parties can agree that it gets tiresome sorting through these types of disagreements within certain threads...
Wasn't it the purpose of the OP to start yet another thread on it? And many people liked it. Seems they're not so tired of these threads after all. I find the being tired argument is just a lame comeback on an opposite opinion that can't be proven false otherwise.

Ok. In essence you are doing the exact thing you're saying is lame.

I was trying to give a neutral opinion about it but I'll stick to contributing to threads...

And yes. It is tiresome sorting through all the BS, in fact the exact thing we are doing now!!

I wont de-rail any further, once again, my bad.

What if PD are deliberately holding out on content to incite people to buy a PS4 /conspiracy Keanu

I love taking pictures too, but... Didn't they also gave us, at least at some points, a worse photomode/travel? Less locations, boring locations, actual pictures and the photo frame not being the same... Esp. photo travel is a prima example of how PD removes GOOD things from their games for reasons only god can understand.

Are you saying you ran an entire championship and not a single person encountered a race breaking pits bug (no options / limited options ) even once? Sorry I don't believe that for one second.
all you have to do is let off the gas entering the pits. works every time, trust me. I have ran into that problem too many times, and this method seems to fix it. I see where you're coming from, and i've been there and done that.

Back