Possibility of GT6 port to PS4 (Latest interview with Kaz)

United States
Michigan
OriginalCheezIt
In a news update posted today by Jordan
(Interview with Kazunori Yamauchi, https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/)

Jordan: Were you disappointed at all that you couldn’t launch GT6 on the PlayStation 4?

Kazunori: “We are eventually going to do that anyway, and we really don’t think it’s a hindrance or a bad thing to release on the PS3. We say that because the performance of consoles today are sort of reaching their saturation point, where we’re not jumping up in performance as much as we used to with each new generation.

“And, the data that we use today for the PS3 is the data that we will take directly into the PS4. We created GT6 with that assumption that things are going to be carried over into the future; we’re not in a rush.”

Edit: This thread is for discussing the possibility of GT6 being ported to PS4 only. The rest of Jordan's interview with Kaz is not to be discussed in this thread.

Here is the place to discuss the interview: GT6 News and Discussion.

Last edited:
Not confirmed until there's an announcement, Kaz has said many things in the past in this sort of context, so we can in no way count on it coming true.

Kaz confirms just how much time was wasted in Moon Buggy production for the game.

And how senna content on the Brazil box won't happen till..January, February, March, April, may, something like that...Whatever.

Not confirmed until there's an announcement, Kaz has said many things in the past in this sort of context, so we can in no way count on it coming true.

I suppose that is a less scandalous thread title. :lol:

I think he just meant that they going to launch a GT on PS4 at some point.

Question ( English) > translator San ( to japanese) > Kaz (japanese) > translator San ( to English) > answer.

Edit: treed

If that is the case, then that is a hell of an error by translator-san...

He makes a big deal out of wanting the environment to be completely realistic while racing. It's worrying that he thinks that the astronomy effects are a key factor in this realism. People are focused on the track and the surroundings at a ground level during a race - not the damn sky! Ridiculous.

He makes a big deal out of wanting the environment to be completely realistic while racing. It's worrying that he thinks that the astronomy effects are a key factor in this realism. People are focused on the track and the surroundings at a ground level during a race - not the damn sky! Ridiculous.

I agree, how much time was spent adding birds into the game, and con trails from planes? That time could've been spent improving other aspects of the game.

Kaz confirms just how much time was wasted in Moon Buggy production for the game.

And how senna content on the Brazil box won't happen till..January, February, March, April, may, something like that...Whatever.
I agree, how much time was spent adding birds into the game, and con trails from planes? That time could've been spent improving other aspects of the game.

This is gonna be a problem, isn't it?

This thread is for discussion on the probability of GT6 being ported to PS4 and Kaz's interview regarding that probability.

Not for bashing Moon Buggy, or astronomy effects, or birds, or contrails.

The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread is this way ⇨ https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

This is gonna be a problem, isn't it?

This thread is for discussion on the probability of GT6 being ported to PS4 and Kaz's interview regarding that probability.

Not for bashing Moon Buggy, or astronomy effects, or birds, or contrails.

The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread is this way ⇨ https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

Interesting...

You only quoted one question and answer from the interview on the home page. That does not mean that this thread cannot have discussion regarding other topics within that interview.

So if you don't mind, I won't be heading over to the whining and crying thread - my point is entirely valid. Focus on the basics first Kaz. ;)

Interesting...

You only quoted one question and answer from the interview on the home page. That does not mean that this thread cannot have discussion regarding other topics within that interview.

So if you don't mind, I won't be heading over to the whining and crying thread - my point is entirely valid. Focus on the basics first Kaz. ;)

I don't think you understand. This is not the response thread for that news post. This is the thread discussing the possibility of GT6 on PS4 only. I referenced that portion of the news post/interview because it provides some meaningful information based on said possibility. We are not discussing the rest of the interview in this thread.

If you would like to create a general comment thread for that post, be my guest.

Kaz needs to get his head out of the sky and get back to reality.
Wasting so much time and money on insignificant BS and ignoring all the problems with his games.

He talks about accurately recreating the stars and moon surface but can't even address small issues such as sound and flickering backgrounds and all the other problems that the people on this site have paid their hard earned money for have raised.
FFS give me a break!

Kaz needs to get his head out of the sky and get back to reality.
Wasting so much time and money on insignificant BS and ignoring all the problems with his games.

He talks about accurately recreating the stars and moon surface but can't even address small issues such as sound and flickering backgrounds and all the other problems that the people on this site have paid their hard earned money for have raised.
FFS give me a break!

This is not the thread for this.

I think Kaz is still referring to GT on the PS4 not GT6 on the PS4. I personally would be a bit shocked to see a PS4 version of GT6 but could happen I suppose, more likely that we will see GT7 on the PS4 in a reasonable period of time and no GT6 on the PS4.

tumblr_inline_mkuss0mApX1qz4rgp.gif

I doubt they spent a lot of time developing the birds and the trails. Anyway, this thread is for discussing GT6 to the PS4, right?

I don't think you understand. This is not the response thread for that news post. This is the thread discussing the possibility of GT6 on PS4 only. I referenced that portion of the news post/interview because it provides some meaningful information based on said possibility. We are not discussing the rest of the interview in this thread.

If you would like to create a general comment thread for that post, be my guest.

Can't see how you can be surprised by people responding with regard to other questions posed in that particular interview - referencing one portion of the interview isn't going to change that.

The rest of the interview is just as relevant for discussion in this thread as what you have referenced. Simply slapping a thread name on this and ONLY wanting to discuss that part of the interview could arguably just be put into the discussion/news thread. Why don't you take it there? :)

Can't see how you can be surprised by people responding with regard to other questions posed in that particular interview - referencing one portion of the interview isn't going to change that.

The rest of the interview is just as relevant for discussion in this thread as what you have referenced. Simply slapping a thread name on this and ONLY wanting to discuss that part of the interview could arguably just be put into the discussion/news thread. Why don't you take it there? :)

You know, ANYTHING GT6 related can be discussed in the GT6 News and Discussion thread (hence the name), but I believe that news of a possible PS4 port is enough to warrant a new thread. The rest of the interview is just as valid for discussion, just not here in this thread.

Now, if you would, give me a break from repeating myself and take your bashing/trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

I think we might get a gt2 to gt3 situation where they port the game to ps4 make it look better add some features than were impossible to do on the previous gen and maybe add some more cars and tracks and than call it Gran Turismo 7.

The moment i saw this i knew that someone would make a thread about it, GT7 was announced to come out in 2014 or 2015, how would that be possible if they were focused on a GT6 port?

Or....GT7 will be a GT6 port with all the DLC..?

The moment i saw this i knew that someone would make a thread about it, GT7 was announced to come out in 2014 or 2015, how would that be possible if they were focused on a GT6 port?

Or....GT7 will be a GT6 port with all the DLC..?

I genuinely hope not.

You know, ANYTHING GT6 related can be discussed in the GT6 News and Discussion thread (hence the name), but I believe that news of a possible PS4 port is enough to warrant a new thread. The rest of the interview is just as valid for discussion, just not here in this thread.

Now, if you would, give me a break from repeating myself and take your bashing/trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

Accused of bashing/trolling? Sigh...

Just offered my opinion in response to YOU putting the hammer down on people picking up on other aspects of the interview. No biggie.

Accused of bashing/trolling? Sigh...

That is called bashing. You have been found guilty of your accusation.

Just offered my opinion in response to YOU putting the hammer down on people picking up on other aspects of the interview.

I put the hammer down on other aspects of the interview because the rest of the interview is completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread. You have a right to your opinions just like everyone else here, but this thread is not for expressing your opinion on anything other than the possibility of a PS4 port of GT6.

You are more than welcome to bash that possibility into the dust in this thread. The rest of your bashing should go somewhere else. Like the Whining and Crying thread.

Good day to you.

Well, knowing how Kaz works, I think we can expect GT7 to happen early in 2015 (in the most optimistic case), but really nothing else on PS4 until then.

Back