Possibility of GT6 port to PS4 (Latest interview with Kaz)

Kaz confirms just how much time was wasted in Moon Buggy production for the game.

And how senna content on the Brazil box won't happen till..January, February, March, April, may, something like that...Whatever.

They're going to tie it in with the 20th anniversary of his death, which will be good timing with any other events that might occur around that time, which is May 1st.

They're going to tie it in with the 20th anniversary of his death, which will be good timing with any other events that might occur around that time, which is May 1st.

I think your a little over board about talking his death.

The last 5 words of Kaz's statement, "we're not in a rush" I predict GT7 four years after the PS4 launch, Just like GT5. :) I'm not counting Prologue.

OK...

Let's not celebrate the life of the man 20 years later...

Is that how it is?

According to your post you'd be celebrating the arrivals of the Senna feature (twenty years after his death, according to you), judging by what you quoted.

Whatever. Miscommunication perhaps :indiff:.

Ediy: Offtopic.

Kaz said he would release a new game (GT7)in one to two years most likely it will be two maybe in December '15. The senna update will be dlc in May as suggested by him plus dlc every month till then

I hope they don't just try and up the resolution and detail of every existing feature to maximise the processing power and call it a day. I think it looks good as it is - for the next one on stronger hardware, keep the car details the same, the track details the same, and make it run SMOOTHLY.

That should leave enough processing power to add the things that are most important but still missing - Rubber build up, wet/dry lines, better sounds (both engine and ambient, for example the built up rubber from the dirty part of the track being pelted on the underside of the car). THAT'S realism. Not super ultra high resolution.

Sooo, transferring GT6 PS3 data to GT(6?) PS4 will be a win for us all. Current non-fully renedered cars will have full interiors other than remodeled versions. Because, if Kaz keeps saying everything is easier to transfer, I dont see PD making previous standard cars fully rendered for PS4. IF thats PD's plan.

I'd like to see actual movement in the sky like clouds, for example. I like to be able to see dark clouds moving when it's about to rain. If we already have 24 hour time and weather shift, it makes sense to actually be able to see that things in sky aren't stationary.

We should be able to see movement of sun in relation to earth rotation (in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere) because it affects how shadows sit on track like the Nordschleife.

Hopefully by the PS4 GT they decide to come out with an advanced players version...these license test (one more time) and low level races are :banghead:

My DLC purchases depend on future info on the matter. I'm thinking that if GT6 is released on the PS4 then it will in late 2014, including all DLC.

Kaz said PD is not in a rush. If they're not in a rush to render everything into next-gen graphics then it'll take them a few years at least. I'm pretty sure the PS4 GT game will be titled GT7 and not GT6.

For sure Kaz is talking about the next GT title on PS4, not a port. If they're seriously thinking about putting energy towards a port, then PD needs to collectively be put in the madhouse.

Simon will never understand, your argument is invalid, try again.

Good one. Although if you actually think that them spending time "adding birds into the game, and con trails from planes" hindered any of the development time to improve other aspects of the game then you're kidding yourself.

Good one. Although if you actually think that them spending time "adding birds into the game, and con trails from planes" hindered any of the development time to improve other aspects of the game then you're kidding yourself.

PD moves at a snails pace. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them more time to things like that, than the aspects of the cars, like sound..

first gt7 prologue guys!!! XD

However, I am loving GT6 and may be one of the greatest looking games on ps3 so far.
New physics are great and driving cars is a blast compared to GT5.
The only problems remain connected to the ps3 limitations: framerate issues, tearing are there. Also things like headlights on only for the players car are actually a hint that they are working on a graphic engine to be ported to the next generation. The quality of premium cars is also very high and confirmes this. GT7 on ps4 will be just awesome.
The only excuse that polyphony does not have for gt6 is sound!

The also continue to improve premium models which were already in gt5.
I own a citroen C4, the interiors were already good in gt5 but they improved so much in gt6! Also, the particular steering wheel of the C4 (Only its outer part moves, the center of the wheel is fixed) is now correct! In gt5 it was not! The attention to details in this game is incredible

Last edited:
Kaz said he'll just be using the data from GT6 in creating the next PS4 title. He doesn't mean a port of GT6 itself, that would just be stupid at this point.

The only excuse that polyphony does not have for gt6 is sound!

According to what's on the sounds thread, the reason why sounds are awful is precisely because of the PS3 limitations, using shorter sample lengths (crucial). The expectations for a GT on the PS4 are the every single car sounds completely different, miles better, night and day.

On that point for the sounds to be fixed it requires a PS4 release and all the sound samples to be redone. That takes time so it'd be weird to just port GT6.

The same happens with all other aspects that could be and should be improved with more power: yes the potential is there, but the improvement is not automatic. Physics, AI, lightning, shadows, etc.

Gt6 was planned for ps4 is all i read. more like Battlefield4. Works on ps3 but will be great on ps4.
And i see no reason they cant fix a ps4 version next year. If Fifa14, Battlefield and other games can be done so can GT6.

Kaz does not waste time on unescessary things!
Personally I look forwards to the PS4's GPU grunt being taken up buy simulated pollinating insects swarming over the cherry blossom trees...... Or Whatever They WILL be thinking OF.

It will take them less than a year to port gt6 to ps4 I think... If they want to add many features and boost the graphics way further than a "1080p/60fps GT6" then maybe we will wait more...

Back