Possible Answer to the Question of "Why Tablets Only?"

• Thread starter iName
  • 10 comments
United States
Southfield, Detroit
BroncoFLHX
This is a theory (if you'd call it that) for why the course maker is only on a tablets. Not backed up by any facts, just logic and reasoning. If you came here expecting confirmed information, sorry. Also, if something like this has already been posted, lock this thread.

The course maker had a massive delay, and this was just for one game. Imagine trying to put the course maker in the next GT, and the next after that having the same difficulties.

What would be a better solution? A separate program or platform (in this case, platform). With that, all PD has to do is use the same system GT6 uses to pick up transferred tracks, and put that into the next GT. Boom! Course Maker is in the new GT. With this in mind, putting the course maker on tablets makes perfect sense in every way.

This could've been worded better, but I'm sure you're able to understand what I mean by this.

Thoughts?

This is a theory (if you'd call it that) for why the course maker is only on a tablets. Not backed up by any facts, just logic and reasoning. If you came here expecting confirmed information, sorry. Also, if something like this has already been posted, lock this thread.

The course maker had a massive delay, and this was just for one game. Imagine trying to put the course maker in the next GT, and the next after that having the same difficulties.

What would be a better solution? A separate program or platform (in this case, platform). With that, all PD has to do is use the same system GT6 uses to pick up transferred tracks, and put that into the next GT. Boom! Course Maker is in the new GT. With this in mind, putting the course maker on tablets makes perfect sense in every way.

This could've been worded better, but I'm sure you're able to understand what I mean by this.

Thoughts?

Probably right, companion apps is pretty much the norm now.

It still won't be in GT7 for at least a year due to some bug/compatability issue........:grumpy:

Sorry, I've no right making sarcastic remarks, I can't do what PD and a lot of you guys can do, my PC 'knowledge' is nothing more than 15yrs of using software - should of been learning to create it. I'm now finding coding/scripting a little intimidating, I wish I'd listened to my mate all those years ago when we had our ZX Spectrums......:banghead:

They probably knew of the work-around that we are all using by now. I can create a track on my Samsung Smart Phone as well as my PC. It was disappointing at first not having it added directly into the game, but the work around gets the job done.

I would have liked it as a separate digital only app for the PS3. I think that would have worked better than trying to work it into GT6. Since you can hook a mouse to the PS3 it would have made drawing the tracks out real easy too. Being on a tablet though allows it to work for GT Sport and then GT7 if it turns out to be a separate game which I think it will be.

They probably knew of the work-around that we are all using by now. I can create a track on my Samsung Smart Phone as well as my PC. It was disappointing at first not having it added directly into the game, but the work around gets the job done.

There's always the possibility that's another reason why it's not in-game - saved themselves some work and allowed us 'an opportunity'.....

Worried that the new update just killed the jump tracks. I have not downloaded it yet to see if others report any problems.

Worried that the new update just killed the jump tracks. I have not downloaded it yet to see if others report any problems.

@iName, you make a good case for externalizing the function of track design to a device which is not in its twilight years (yes, I'm referring to the PS3). That investment would have a short life.

And as @P_eMmO_72 pointed out, companion apps are all the rage. My favorite example is the Pip-Boy app which links to Fallout 4 (on all FO4 platforms).

Some in our community would prefer to do the design on a PC. I'm not one of them. I love the freedom of the tablet to do the design "on the go". I've done designs in medical waiting rooms, coffee shops, and even when parked waiting to pick someone up. It's just so convenient!

There's plenty of ridiculous jump tracks, and they're better than GT5's from what I've seen.

I view the current Track Path Editor as sort of a beta test of whatever they're going to put in Sport and/or GT7. Ideally, I'd like to see companion apps for both PC and tablets, hopefully with many more features than we have now. I really don't want to go back to making tracks with a game controller at this point.

@iName PD's easy solution to minimize whining of "too tiny to edit properly" when using phone, now phone users are just happy at they can override "tablets only" and run it on their small screens with zoom maxed whole time.. :)

Back