Possible Damage & Weather preview @ E3 for GT5P

• Thread starter Oner
  • 248 comments
United States
FREEDOM loving Florida! ~ Ex NY'er (Bronx)
Oner
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/07/11/tsas-e3-predictions/

50 - 75% Chance

* Twisted Metal PS3 will be revealed, playable
* Final Fantasy XIII will be shown in video form
* Video teasers for Uncharted 2 and new Ratchet and Clank
* Lengthy reveal for God of War III
* Some form of ‘kart‘ game, Crash, LittleBigPlanet perhaps?
* Lots of new PSN titles
* News on the new video service, limited to the States
* Gran Turismo 5 shown on video, Prologue to get damage and weather

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/11/playstation-lifestyle-e3-predictions/

* EatSleepPlay will unveil Twisted Metal PS3. - Very Likely
* Sony will be showing off new JRPGs - Very Likely
* Sony/Square will show a teaser trailer for FFVII - Unlikely
* Sony will announce a release date for the PSN Video Store - Likely
* PSP-3000 SKU announced - Likely
* 2.50 features will be announced. In game video chat, and PSN video store featured - Likely
* GT5: Prologue vehicle damage update demonstrated - Likely
* Home Expanded Beta information - Likely
* New groundbreaking Home features. More developer involvement - Very Likely
* Naughty Dog will show an Uncharted 2 teaser - Likely
* Heavenly Sword sequel, being developed by a new studio - Highly Unlikely
* Capcom debuts new IP - VERY LIKELY
* Konami announces Castlevania for PS3/360 - Highly Unlikely
* Little Big Planet PSP integration - Very Likely
* PSP GPS release date announced - Unlikely
* Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty demoed/dated - Very Likely
* PS3 Youtube integration - Very Likely
* New PSN community features - Very Likely
* PSN Music Store announced - Likely
* PSN indie developer initiative - Very Likely

So one has weather & a GT5 preview additionally while one does not. Though from following Sev's previous predictions (FW 2.40, InGame XMB & others) that have come TRUE I have to give this some credibility. I'm hoping at least we get private hosting/servers with damage modeling as a bonus (oh and one more thing I forgot...Nurburgring! crosses fingers)

Sounds like good news, then, even if not fully confirmed.

"Gran Turismo 5 shown on video".
Interesting (imo) they would say this as I wouldn't expect GT5 to look any different from GT5:P unless there's some new feature that's going to be shown.

Can you imagine the Nurburgring online with the threat of punters and host disconections :scared:

Getting halfway round it then the host disconnects 🤬:mad:

We know to what we need
as a ONLINE features
dedicated servers,friend list
and half o this features
gt5_online_details.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but if they do show damage and weather they should also post an immediate release date. I personally dont want to see beautiful damage and weather effects but then I gotta wait 'till September to get them.

Why, Septembers not far away, by E3 we're half way through July. So that's only a month and a half to September or 2 pay slips away. That's nothing time wise.

This is just a list of things they plan to implement in future GTs. There's no guarantee that we'll see all of that in GT5.

We know to what we need
as a ONLINE features
dedicated servers,friend list
and half o this features
gt5_online_details.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this picture. Yama is a beast.

EDIT: A 50-75% chance of PROLOGUE getting WEATHER AND DAMAGE! Is this for real? I find that hard to believe. Maybe that's just me though?

Yup, also if you look closely you can see the GT:HD logo in the background, so that was taken before GT:HD was scrapped!

At the very least, we can take it as an indication that PD already is trying to put those features in or at least has considered them at some point, seeing as nearly all of them have been requested by lots people here several times.
In other words, those that fear that PD are going to screw up the online for GT5 are being silly, PD are not ignoring what other developers are doing, they are just getting one thing done at a time at the level of quality we all expect of them, this is why we haven't seen these features yet, because they clearly dont feel they are good enough to show off yet.

I would highly appreciate weather and / or damage. But honestly as long as i have time and weather changes...thats all that i need! For GT5 Full damage should definitely be included.

Chris

EDIT: A 50-75% chance of PROLOGUE getting WEATHER AND DAMAGE! Is this for real? I find that hard to believe. Maybe that's just me though?
You got that one wrong. That gaming website assumes that there is a 50-75% chance that we're going to get weather and damage in Prologue. It's just their good guess though, I wouldn't bet on it.

You got that one wrong. That gaming website assumes that there is a 50-75% chance that we're going to get weather and damage in Prologue. It's just their good guess though, I wouldn't bet on it.

How am I wrong when I was asking a question? I never specifically said who was saying there is a 50-75% chance. Anyways yeah I didn't really count on it anyways.

How am I wrong when I was asking a question? I never specifically said who was saying there is a 50-75% chance. Anyways yeah I didn't really count on it anyways.
Sorry, I didn't want to sound hostile. I just wanted to make the actual situation absolutely clear, because rumors spread so fast these days.

Hmm If it was up to me, I would like more and better online options before weather and damage. Those could come up later.

All I want is private rooms and online replays really :D

I hope they introduce weather. GT needs more variables. Can you imagine racing on a half wet half dry Nurburgring? What tires will you choose?

They need;
Weather-(proper wet weather tires)
Dynamic Time of day-night
Tire marks on track.
Private Lobbys to eliminate the clowns.
Livery editor.

Just this and many would be happy I'm sure. :)

I hope they introduce weather. GT needs more variables. Can you imagine racing on a half wet half dry Nurburgring? What tires will you choose?
Variable weather conditions is an absolute MUST as is the option of the start time on the 24 hour clock for enduro racing .

Back